new update wont accept app passwords (xbox 360)

Discus and support new update wont accept app passwords (xbox 360) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just got the new update ton my 360 and it prompts me to login through my Microsoft account but when I try to use the app password it rejects it and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CandidMold99, Jan 2, 2014.

1. CandidMold99
    CandidMold99 Guest

Just got the new update ton my 360 and it prompts me to login through my Microsoft account but when I try to use the app password it rejects it and gives me the error code 8015D002 please help.

:)

CandidMold99, Jan 2, 2014
  2. I cant download my profile

Hi , Ive bought my son a New Xbox 360 for Xmas but we cant download his profile or login to Xbox live .

For some reason it wont accept my email and password login details please help

Blackninja1718, Jan 2, 2014
  3. soldior 001
    soldior 001 Guest
    battlefield bad company 2

hi

i am trying to go on xbox live and it aks me for my password but it wont accept the only password i know

how do i reset it and put a new password in

fanx

steve

soldior 001, Jan 2, 2014
  4. Donniehun
    Donniehun Guest

Hi,

Have you try to create a new App password or even turn off two-step verification just to see if that works?

To create new one:

1.Sign in to your Microsoft account.

2.Under Password and security info, tap or click Edit security info.

If you're prompted for a security proof, enter it and tap or click Submit.

3.Under App passwords, tap or click Create a new app password.

A new app password is generated and appears on your screen.

4.When you’re prompted for your Microsoft account password on your Xbox console, enter the app password that you created online.

Donniehun, Jan 2, 2014
  5. Donniehun Win User

Hi,

Have you try to create a new App password or even turn off two-step verification just to see if that works?

To create new one:

1.Sign in to your Microsoft account.

2.Under Password and security info, tap or click Edit security info.

3.Under App passwords, tap or click Create a new app password.

4.When you’re prompted for your Microsoft account password on your Xbox console, enter the app password that you created online.
  6. MrDiamondJ Win User

WWE App not letting me sign in

UPDATE: I tested this with a question mark (?) in my password and the Xbox 360 app accepted that password. Based on this, it looks like only the ampersand (&) causes your password to fail.
  7. MB5656 Win User

Account Deleted. I need assistance!

now though if you set up your account for two step verification then it wont work do this:

If you recently turned on two-step verification, you may not know how to sign in to apps or devices that don't accept security codes. Some apps (like the mail apps on some smartphones) and devices (like the Xbox 360) can't prompt you to enter a security
    proof when you try to sign in. If you get an incorrect-password error with an app or device, you'll need to create a unique app password to sign in. After you sign in with your app password, you're all set to use that app or device. You’ll use this new app
    password to sign in to your device instead of using your Microsoft account password.

You'll need to create and sign in with an app password once for each app or device that can't prompt you for a security proof.

Sign in to your Microsoft account.

Under Password and security info, tap or click Edit security info.

Under App passwords, tap or click Create a new app password.

When you’re prompted for your Microsoft account password on your Xbox console, enter the app password that you created online.
  8. StuartATrueRed Win User

XBOX, DO YOU HATE ME?!?!? FIX IT MICROSOFT!

To play Xbox 360 games, you need to create an app password. To do this follow these instructions.

1. Log in on account.microsoft.com on your PC.

2. Select Security on the left side of the page.

3. Under advanced security settings, select get started

4. Scroll down the page until you get to App Passwords, select create a new app password.

5. Type the password that is created in the password box on your game.

The password should be accepted, and you should be then logged in.
  9. Arminator Win User

Profile sync error or 20 different problems

[quote user="kaaspinda"]Some times it wont connect to Xbox live but the connection is good.[/quote]

Try the following:

Go to the website for account security and protection.

Change your password, and while you're there, also check that you enable "Two Step Verification" if you have a smartphone (iOS, Android or Windows Phone will work).

After you changed your password, remove your account from your console and re-download it with the new password.

If you use a Xbox 360, instead of the new password, go back to the Account security page above, and scroll down to the "App Password" paragraph.

Have the site create a new app password.

Enter that app password instead of your regular one on the Xbox 360 console.
Thema:

1. new update wont accept app passwords (xbox 360) - Similar Threads - update wont accept

2. I have the offline update ready but it wont work

in XBoX on Windows
    I have the offline update ready but it wont work: The hard drive on my xbox stop working so I got a external hard drive and I formatted it to the nofct or something like that and now it says that I can do a offline update I have the files ready...
  3. Why wont my Xbox S update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my Xbox S update.: Getting error code 0x80070070 0x00000000 0x90130005 and its not listed. Xbox S, trying to update console. 184aafa9-e132-49ed-a625-abbbef31bdfc
  4. Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update: So, after last nights console update my series x doesnt detect the seagate expansion card anymore. This sucks. Anyone else with this issue? 79cd6954-eca6-4b71-830d-0d3eb21cb5b3
  5. Controller Wont Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Wont Update: Hello. Im trying to update my Xbox Series X controller to the latest Firmware as although it still works it is running on version 5.17.3202.0 which is the older version. Ive tried everything from...
  6. My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...: Xbox Series X wont update any games 0c506631-e9c2-4648-ae3a-4e83dd180656
  7. xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required": Xbox accessories app on my pc wont launch. It tells me: "windows os update required to usew this app, first get the latest version of windows" The problem is that I already have the latest version...
  8. Xbox wont start updates on my home wifi unless I wait several hours for it start but works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont start updates on my home wifi unless I wait several hours for it start but works...: My Xbox series X wont update any games on my home wifi network unless I wait several hours then it may finally start updating and not sit at 0% but if I switch to my hotspot it starts updating...
  9. game wont install only tries to update and then fails

in XBoX on Windows
    game wont install only tries to update and then fails: hey my problem is kind of hard to explain but ive run into trouble on my xbox one where i deleted wasteland 3 while it was updating and for months it has shown up in my queue trying to update and...
  10. My Xbox one controller wont turn on after not updating fully

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one controller wont turn on after not updating fully: I was updating my Xbox one controller and while updating it just stopped and my controller turned off it may be because it was updating while the batteries were in. But is there any way for me to...