new update ruined the 4k display

Discus and support new update ruined the 4k display in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; i’m an alpha skip ahead, i’m about to unenroll because this is getting ridiculous. i’ve spent hours today trying to fix the 4k settings on my xbox one... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Charbooble, Dec 6, 2019.

1. new update ruined the 4k display

i’m an alpha skip ahead, i’m about to unenroll because this is getting ridiculous. i’ve spent hours today trying to fix the 4k settings on my xbox one x after the update.

when on 4k uhd, the background, guide, and dashboard icons should be pure BLACK... not a nasty washed out grey. all my games are washed out grey, not showing vivid colors and it’s disgusting.

normally washed out games happen when my hdr is on for games that support hdr, that’s why i have hdr always turned off. it’s still off and now all my games are washed out.

my 4k tv details says my tv doesn’t support all features except 4k uhd at 60 hz. which is wrong because just before this update, they were all green check marked. not to mention, the green check marks appear when i turn on hdr. which has nothing to do with half the games i play.

so what’s going on, is it time i opt out of alpha? is anyone else having this nasty problem?

submitted by /u/Charbooble
    [link] [comments]

/u/Charbooble, Dec 6, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox One X Problem with Hdr on LG E9

Hi Bonney,

Thanks for the update on the issue. When you go into your 4K settings, is everything checked green? This is under Display and sound on far right says 4k details if 4k and HDR is running correctly all will be green.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. Neoprime Win User

PROBLEM WITH PATCH OF XBOX ONE X

I too am having issues that makes the game unplayable on Xbox one X. This 4k upgrade has ruined the game and it needs fixing asap, especially since this game is one MS has used to promote the 4k aspects of the new system.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Do I need a new TV? (Skyrim Special Edition and the new Xbox One S)

Skyrim won't be 4K, it's basically running an updated engine with new graphical effects at 1080p - Think Skyrim with Fallout 4 visuals. So will Skyrim look nice? Absolutely yes, no question. If Skyrim supports HDR, which it most likely will, then yes,
    it would look better on a HDR supported TV. As far as I've seen HDR is only on 4K TV's, I have not seen it on 1080p displays. HDR is a hardware display technology, to see HDR, you'll need an HDR TV and the content you are watching or playing needs to be
    HDR.

The Xbox One S's 4K abilities are only confined to video playback via from UHD Blu-ray or 4K capable streaming.
  5. T3chnlgydude Win User

4K content

The Xbox One will only output at 1080p

The Xbox One S features 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, 4K video streaming and High Dynamic Range (HDR) for games and video. In addition to supporting 4K video content when used in conjunction with a 4K TV, Xbox One S will also upscale non-4K content
    to display at 4K when paired with a 4K TV. When you set your console resolution to 4K UHD, everything on the console — Home, games, and apps—will display at 4K. 4K content is displayed in its native 4K resolution, and other content (like 1080p content) is
    upscaled to 4K.

The Xbox One X - 4K content is displayed in its native 4K resolution, and other content (like games encoded for 1080p) is upscaled to 4K

More info:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/4k-on-xbox-one
  6. Neoprime Win User

Xbox One X won't download 4k update

Think yourself lucky. The "4k update" breaks the game and makes it look worse than the game did on regular Xbox one. Search YouTube for digital foundry's video on the matter. The "upgrade" patch ruins the game, and MS refuses to do anything about it and
    fix it. Stick the non 4k version if want to still be able to enjoy this game.
Thema:

new update ruined the 4k display

1. new update ruined the 4k display - Similar Threads - update ruined display

2. New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.: When you go to the friends tab now, you’re greeted with a screen that says what’s happening and takes up your entire screen. It’s not optional and you’re forced into it. Whoever Xbox decided this...
  3. My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...: I have tried every option available to me. Even the part where I get access as to whether or not you want the narrator. Please help me silence this annoyance. This started after the xbox last...
  4. PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]

in XboX Insiders
    PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  5. Offline Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline Update: I have tried every possible way to get the offline update for Xbox Series S on my PC and I keep getting a white screen with the xbox logo going around and around never loading....
  6. Skip console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skip console update: Why am I forced to update my console to continue using it? I'm staying in a hotel with limited daily Wi-Fi usage, and my Xbox has prompted me to either update my console or continue offline. All I...
  7. I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 10e3f5b7-7c6f-4195-9ee9-21b72e7c2ba9
  8. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  9. The latest controller update ruined my controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    The latest controller update ruined my controllers: The link in the help section to rollback the firmware isn't working for me. be6e5f90-1c6b-49f4-bfa4-f2c4e56a86df
  10. Why is this latest OS update ruining my xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is this latest OS update ruining my xbox one?: My xbox was stuck on a loop and failing to start because of a failed OS update, I followed all the troubleshooting steps and eventually did an offline install of the OS and even a factory reset....