New update forced download mid game

Discus and support New update forced download mid game in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; The latest dashboard update just kicked me out of a ranked game of Rainbow 6 Siege. Totally out of order and now I will have a time-out I will need to... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Oldinn, May 14, 2020.

1. /u/Oldinn
    /u/Oldinn Guest

The latest dashboard update just kicked me out of a ranked game of Rainbow 6 Siege. Totally out of order and now I will have a time-out I will need to wait through.

submitted by /u/Oldinn
    [link] [comments]

/u/Oldinn, May 14, 2020
  2. Ecko-6B2570FA-4302-4 Win User

Forced update mid game!!?

Hi,

The type of update you experienced was a Mandatory update where you are forced to do the update at that time. I know this won't help from before, but going forward you can set your Xbox automatically update each night using the instructions here ( https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/system-update-overview
    ) or listed below:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings > All settings.
    3. Select System > Updates.
    4. Under Console, select Keep my console up to date if it isn’t already.

After that is done make sure your Xbox is set to Instant-On mode so that it can search for updates while off here ( https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/learn-about-power-modes ):

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings > All settings.
    3. Select Power & startup > Power mode & startup. Select Power mode to change the setting.

Hope this works out for you.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Xbox force updating mid game

Set your console to instant on mode. Updates will usually happen when you're not using the console and you'll never notice them.
  4. Mister Getafix Win User

Xbox force updating mid game

Hi there!

If you are seeing multiple updates like this we would assume you are part of the Insider Preview program possibly in the Alpha or Beta ring.

If this is the case, then frequent updates are a part of being in that program.

The Insider program is there to let you test beta programs for the console and provide feedback to the team that is working on the OS.

This program is not designed for casual use of the console.

If you do not enjoy the experience of the program and do not want to partake in the testing that it involves we recommend removing the app from your console and

Factory resetting.

This will remove you from the program and allow you to go back to the standard scheduled updated process that casual gamers take part in.

Alternately if you do want to continue to be part of the debug and testing process you could set one console as your test console and then leave a second console as your standard gaming console.

We understand that may not be plausible for all Gamers but there is no way to avoid the update process in the program as it is part of the stress testing process.

We do hope this sheds a little light on the program and what is expected when being a part of it.

We also encourage you to post in the
    Insider forums
    with any feedback you have for the program so that their team can take it into consideration!
  5. Miss Portia Win User

System update error

How recently did you download the file from the website? I believe it was updated mid-day yesterday with the new version.
  6. maccrazzy Win User

xbox offline software update file version is old, could you post the new one

I have the same issue that Bruce has. My firmware ends in 7196. Microsoft rolled out a new update, but mid way through the download I get error messages that there was a problem with the update. I know for a fact that my hard drive is good, because I
    just replaced it. Where can I physically download the update to a USB?

Thema:

1. New update forced download mid game - Similar Threads - update forced download

2. HDMI cec no longer works after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI cec no longer works after latest update: The latest update has completely broken the hdmi cec function on my series x. Pressing the home button on the remote no longer changes the input. I’ve checked all settings and done everything I...
  3. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb
  4. Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?: After the update to the Xbox console recently my external hard drive isn’t connecting to my Xbox anymore. I have the Xbox series x and a 5T external Seagate hard drive. Is it happening to others...
  5. Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?: Its 2024 and bandwidth is a solved problem. Why am I paying subscription fees and over $100 to play a game that doesn't have modern reliability. MW3 updates at least once a month and more or less...
  6. My xbox one console requested a forced update after i downloaded and installed the update...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one console requested a forced update after i downloaded and installed the update...: Any help to solve this problem would be highly appreciated! The noise sound like a refrigerator noise. I have tried to get in contact with the xbox team but it has been utterly impossible!...
  7. Xbox forced an update which deleted all my saved games and gamer tag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox forced an update which deleted all my saved games and gamer tag: Xbox asked me to update my profile I did then all my saved games were lost I have a new gamer tag which they told me I had to have and I can't get it back how to get back my ten years of saved...
  8. Forced console update mid-game? Still an issue after so many years!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forced console update mid-game? Still an issue after so many years!!: I have seen so many complaints about this and I have encountered this too many times. Was doing basic training in Gotham Knights (doing the checklist) and in the middle of performing this I got a...
  9. New update is forcing password change, this service isn't available right now

in XBoX Accessibility
    New update is forcing password change, this service isn't available right now: title pretty much says it. I did the update, cant sign into my Xbox account because it requires me to reset my password, i had to download Microsoft authenticator. when i reset the password i get...
  10. Network transfer now forcing update over internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network transfer now forcing update over internet: I've used network transfer substantially for years because I own more than one xbox and my internet provider charges me a fee if I download more than their cap allows each month. Removing the cap...