New to Xbox One, A Few Questions

Discus and support New to Xbox One, A Few Questions in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello all, I just got my Xbox One X this week, and it's my first console since an Xbox One E. I have a few questions about the console and accessories... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Juxtapose13, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Juxtapose13
    Juxtapose13 Guest

Hello all,

I just got my Xbox One X this week, and it's my first console since an Xbox One E. I have a few questions about the console and accessories that I'm hoping you can answer:

1) The Xbox One Media Remote, and the Xbox One Chatpad, am I correct in guessing these items are discontinued?

2) On my Xbox 360 E, I created a Guest Account for friends and such to use when they came over if they didn't want to download, or didn't have, and Xbox LIVE account of their own. It was also one they could use without me being signed in. Would I be correct
    in assuming the closest I can do on Xbox One would be to create a Guest Key?

3) The background for home. When Xbox Assist is the last app used, showing up on the Home's main large tile, the background defaults to a stylish image of the Xbox One X console itself. Once I use any other App or game, it disappears. Is there anyway
    to get it to stay as your proper background? I like the image and would like to keep it up.

4) Speaking of that large tile on Home, is there a way to make it smaller or remove it? I don't have an issue when it shows a game I've played, but when it shows something like "Avatar Editor" or "Xbox Assist," I find that not needed and a smidge silly.

5) Is it possible to record game clips longer than 1 minute on the HDD?

Thanks!

:)

Juxtapose13, Oct 7, 2019
  2. L Dubs89 Win User

Hi Juxtapose13,

1. I don’t believe the remote or chatpad have been discontinued. They are both still available to purchase online at least and there is a help article about it here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/live-tv/set-up-live-tv

2. You can still create guest accounts on your xbox, you just have to enable it in settings. Note A guest account is different from a guest key. A temporary guest account can only be created while you’re signed in and is deleted as
    soon as you or your guest signs out. A guest key is a reusable passcode that allows guests to use your console without requiring you to be signed in. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/security/use-guest-account

3. https://www.xbox.com/en-us/wallpapers/ https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/change-xbox-one-background these
    links provide wallpapers and info on how to customize your background

4. i believe this shows the last active app

5. You can capture upto 10 minutes depending on space. Further info is here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/capture-game-clips-and-screenshots

hope that helps!
  3. Whiteleaf2012 Win User

You can definitely get the media remote online at least.
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Juxtapose13,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there are some inquiries in regards to the Xbox One X.

1. The accessories are no longer available on the Microsoft Store website.
    2. Check out these articles for Guest Use on Xbox One:
    3. Try this article for personalizing the Xbox One: Personalize your color,
      background, and theme on Xbox On
      e.
    4. The last icon will always displayed the last app used.
    5. For more information on game clips on Xbox One: Record and capture Xbox One game clips and screenshots.

Hope this helps.
  5. Juxtapose13 Win User

Hey all,

Thanks for your replies!

1) For the Media Remote and Chatpad, I have been able to find them online, though they seem to be in low supply and insanely overpriced. If they are indeed discontinued though, that would make sense, and I'll be passing on them.

2) I read the articles on Guest Accounts and Guest Keys before posting. So to confirm, I can not actually create a permanent, Guest Account like I could on my Xbox 360, I can only create a temporary one that will only exist when my account is logged in,
    or create a pass code (key) that will permit someone to do things when I'm not logged in, correct?

3) @L Dubs89 Thanks for the link, those are some cool wallpapers! I assume then that the image that appears in the background when Xbox Assist is the last used is one I can not save and make perma?
  6. xXDEE N1CEXx Win User

Few questions about Xbox One

your achievements will show on both systems
Thema:

1. New to Xbox One, A Few Questions - Similar Threads - Few Questions

2. Serious problems with party chat with the last few Alpha builds.

in XboX Insiders
    Serious problems with party chat with the last few Alpha builds.: When you start a party chat it automatically sets it self to game chat mode and you must go in and disable it then re-enable and disable it before the party chat will actually work. Also. If you...
  3. my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc: its not the xbox one controller its after that. it disconnects from my pc for a few seconds and then reconnects. software is up to date, it even happens when its plugged in....
  4. A few days ago I recorded asseto corsa after which when I log into FC24 it perceives my 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    A few days ago I recorded asseto corsa after which when I log into FC24 it perceives my 1...: A few days ago I recorded asseto corsa after which when I log into FC24 it perceives my 1 controller as 2 controllers. How do I fix this? d5b694d1-d253-4428-a42f-c9ca39459e9f
  5. Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days: For some reason my Xbox mic sound will be hearable but only for myself. This happens when my mic/controller is idle for a while (I guess) but it makes no sense. No it’s not a setting, it’s not...
  6. Microsoft account hacked and I have a few questions about it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account hacked and I have a few questions about it.: My microsoft account got hacked quite a while ago. The hacker changed the mail and password and can't sign in. I've been trying things for a few months now, and I have a few questions, 1. I saw a...
  7. question I have a seires x coming in a few days and I want to know something

in XBoX Accessibility
    question I have a seires x coming in a few days and I want to know something: does all my info like accounts and settings automatically transfer over to the series x or do I have to transfer it manually to it? I know games I own on external hard drives can be transferred...
  8. Question ? dowload installing Xbox live in-game experience. This may take a few minutes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question ? dowload installing Xbox live in-game experience. This may take a few minutes...: [img] this is a xbox show 471d3018-5e73-4548-aaa3-b414dfb0cfcf
  9. Question about a game that was free a few months ago?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about a game that was free a few months ago?: a few months back, warriors orochi 3 ultimate was offered for free with xbox live gold. I put it in my queue and forgot about it until today. I went to it, and all it said was that it was pending...
  10. Former Xbox 360 Owner to be an Xbox One Owner in the next few months......have some question ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Former Xbox 360 Owner to be an Xbox One Owner in the next few months......have some question ...: Hi! So I used to have an Xbox 360 .....when I did get rid of it I think I may have had some of Xbox Live left on it. Anyways so now that I am getting an Xbox One (by the end of the year,...