New to XBox and have questions about Remote Play

Discus and support New to XBox and have questions about Remote Play in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Can I use remote play to play a game if I’m away from home while someone is playing a game on the same console locally (at home)? submitted by... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/patriots_TB12, Feb 10, 2023.

1. New to XBox and have questions about Remote Play

Can I use remote play to play a game if I’m away from home while someone is playing a game on the same console locally (at home)?

submitted by /u/patriots_TB12
    [link] [comments]

/u/patriots_TB12, Feb 10, 2023
  2. ⎛⎝ᵃʰᵉᵍᵃ Win User

Xbox remote play doesn't work on new iPhone 14 Pro Max

i also have a question or certain questions about the remote play. i want to really understand how remote play functions like all the ins and outs. so my first question is, are you allowed to use remote play when the console is off? because i tried the opposite of that Friday and it worked but if i were to turn the console completely off am i still able to access my games and play them through the Xbox app when the system is turned off?
  3. sajida Win User

I am trying to get rid of the password prompt upon sign in. Is there any way to do this from my phone?

Sorry. But as my original post said, I am trying to do this through my phone to access remote play. Although I do have one more question.

Does having a password on your Xbox prevent remote play?
  4. Kathy A. Win User

How do I get remote play to work with IOS 16

Hello,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are having issues playing remotely using an updated iOS 16 device. The team Xbox is aware of this issue and is working on it.

For updates, please check on this link: Remote play on iOS devices (Known Issue) - Microsoft Community

If you have further concerns kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. J.R.G. Win User

Quick question about remotes...

Thank you both! Think she can live with not being able to power on/off and volume, if she can navigate Netflix. It's kind of a bummer using the X Box controller as a remote as it always powers down. Heck, I've fallen asleep with her controller watching movies
    late at night. Lol.

Peace, J.R.
  6. RippenHarra Win User

Quick question about remotes...

Yes it is true you cannot power off or up the volume without connect due to how the volume feature works. You are controlling the volume via the infared signal in Kinect talking to your TV same with powering ON/off. Channel changing/menu changing and media
    playback all work as the tuners are either coming from an app in X1 or vias USB tuners. The actual TV is separate. Hope that makes sense.
Thema:

New to XBox and have questions about Remote Play

1. New to XBox and have questions about Remote Play - Similar Threads - questions Remote Play

2. Home Xbox questions regarding changes.

in XboX Insiders
    Home Xbox questions regarding changes.: Hi all, I have an Xbox series S at my flat (which is currently my home Xbox) and my old Xbox one at my partners place. When I made her an account on my old Xbox it wouldn’t let me play any of the...
  3. Xbox Series S Question? Breakdown? Active Running Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S Question? Breakdown? Active Running Xbox?: So I’ve had my series s a while now and it was over heating like crazy and I knew it was down to the dust and I be honest my fan was making a weird noise.. so anyway I took all the casing off my...
  4. . My question is why did you guys do thaT

in XBoX on Consoles
    . My question is why did you guys do thaT: Hey i have a gamesir g7 se and previously we were able to use 1000hz report rate with the gamesir nexus app but they said you guys updated your licence conditions which only allow 4ms or 250 hz...
  5. Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote

in XboX Insiders
    Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote: I was an insider. I have been on and off over 6 or 7 years. I joined last around the time the new dashboard was released to the public. I noticed a new setting that would allow you to control your...
  6. Remote access play question

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote access play question: If on my account I have remote play enabled and my son on same Xbox but different account turns remote play off. Do I lose access of remote play on the Xbox since he turned that setting off on his...
  7. Remote Play Question?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote Play Question?: I recently bought a backbone, but my remote play isn't working. I have set my console and phone up for remote play, but everytime I try to play, I keep getting disconnected before I can even...
  8. |QUESTION| How do I sign into my Xbox via remote play?

in XboX Insiders
    |QUESTION| How do I sign into my Xbox via remote play?: Title. What I'm asking is if you aren't signed into your Xbox but you have your account on it, including the Xbox already being on. Is there a way to sign in on the Xbox and start playing with...
  9. Question Regarding Xbox PC Remote Play Away From Home Network

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question Regarding Xbox PC Remote Play Away From Home Network: I got Windows Parallel for my MacBook Pro (M2 Chip) recently. I downloaded the Xbox App and I am able to remote play with my Xbox Series S. I also know that remote play works regardless of whether...
  10. Backwards compatibility remote play question

in XboX Insiders
    Backwards compatibility remote play question: (I wasn't sure which flair was better) So, I tried to play Fable through remote play. The error 0x87e10004 error comes up, I got used to it, it's a bummer. My question is, can it/will it be...