New to Xbox 360: no one can hear me on xbox live party chat

Discus and support New to Xbox 360: no one can hear me on xbox live party chat in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I hope I'm posting to the right forum. I just have an Xbox 360 since a few days (nice New Year's gift from my grandma), with Kinect, and today... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kimberley Vanvaeck, Jan 2, 2014.

1. New to Xbox 360: no one can hear me on xbox live party chat

Hello, I hope I'm posting to the right forum.

I just have an Xbox 360 since a few days (nice New Year's gift from my grandma), with Kinect, and today I tried joining a party.

I could hear people just fine, but no one could hear me New to Xbox 360: no one can hear me on xbox live party chat :( I've been checking out all kind of setting. I'm using Kinect as the mic, which is not muted. Everything that has to do with "voice" has been turned on, volume was up, and I was on the Party channel.
    Didn't work. I tried sending someone a private voice message, this didn't help either. People in the party wanted to help me out but they have no experice with using Kinect as a mic. I'm sure Kinect can actually hear me fine, because when I set it up it checked
    for background noise, and I had to turn off the radio because it said there was too much background noise. So sure the mic is not actually broken.

I've been into computers (I'm an engineer) for years so I'm pretty sure I checked out all the possible settings and made sure everything was actually on.. so this seems like a reeally strange and uncommon problem (sure I've Googled it, but I only found what
    I had already done), or I'm really being stupid today.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong and what else I could try? I can't really go back to the store and ask as I ordered my Xbox online (although they also have local shops so I could try, but they're a general toy store so I kinda doubt they can
    help).

Voice chat is one of the things that convinced me to get an Xbox (can't do that on Wii) so I really want to use it.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Kimberley Vanvaeck, Jan 2, 2014
  2. fyf365
    fyf365 Guest
    I cant hear anyone in party chat, game chat.

Me and my friend, we got problem with xbox live chat. We both have xbox 360 + kinect. We used to chat every night through xbox live party. And recently we can't hear any voice in party chat and game chat. But we can hear private chat, and we can do kinect
    video.

fyf365, Jan 2, 2014
  3. knighto 123
    knighto 123 Guest
    Xbox 360 wired headset works with messaging and private chat but not in game or live party.

Hi,

I have not long bought a new Xbox 360 (2013 version). When playing Forza Horizon on Multiplayer, I found that no body could hear what I was saying through my headset, yet it was not muted. This also happened with an Xbox Live Party Chat. I can hear what
    they are saying, however they can't hear me. I know it is not the mic, as people can hear what I say through voice messaging and Private Chat.

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem.

Thanks for your help.

knighto 123, Jan 2, 2014
  4. tylerkerr1 Win User

360 game chat not working for Xbox one

Whenever you play a multiplayer game for xbox 360 on xbox one you can hear everyone through your headset but no one can hear you, it is the same with xbox 360 party chat on xbox one
  5. Iced Vise Win User

Fortnite Voice Chat

One thing that worked for me was if you start an xbox party and then you join a fortnite party and go to the voice chat tab it should give you an option to switch to game chat. Also with the new season I can hear people party chats while in a xbox party
    hope I could of helped.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Can't get Game Chat to work in Minecraft

7. Post IXI Mortem Win User

Xbox One Chat mic not working.---Help us All Out..PLease

To clarify my issue for comparison. I can hear other people with the Xbox One Chat Headset. They cannot hear me. In addition the mic icon in the Xbox Live Party Chat Menu is ALWAYS ON regardless of whether or not the mic is plugged in or the controller is
    on or off. The mic icon is ALWAYS ON.
  8. XBF Crystal P Win User

Randomly disconnected from Xbox Party

Hi there sargeeq,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with party chats disconnecting from the Xbox Live.

To help clarify the issue:

What device are you using? (Xbox 360 / Xbox One)

If you are using the Xbox 360, I recommend to try the following troubleshooting article:

Troubleshoot Xbox Live parties on Xbox 360

Try this out and let us know the results.
Thema:

New to Xbox 360: no one can hear me on xbox live party chat

1. New to Xbox 360: no one can hear me on xbox live party chat - Similar Threads - 360 hear live

2. Xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 freezing on login screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 freezing on login screen: I bought a game of the Xbox one shop that was a 360 game so when I play it I have to login to an Xbox live account. My account is already on it but I didn’t have the password on my Xbox so after I...
  3. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  4. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  5. Xbox Play And Charge Kit USB C - Compatible with Xbox 360? Edit, not.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Play And Charge Kit USB C - Compatible with Xbox 360? Edit, not.: Hey, I know this is a long shot, but there any chance of this being compatible with the Xbox 360? https://www.xbox.com/en-AU/accessories/batteries-chargers/play-and-charge-kit My gut instinct...
  6. Is xbox live on 360 down?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is xbox live on 360 down?: Its not letting me sign in or up 80e80f70-786c-4e88-a729-651e13a110a9
  7. pls my xbox 360 sound isnt working i cant hear the sound pls can someone help me

in XBoX on Consoles
    pls my xbox 360 sound isnt working i cant hear the sound pls can someone help me: i cant hear anything i do on my xbox 360 e.g. games or generally the xbox 360 i suddenly stopped hearing the sound pls who can help me c4e61ed2-c572-4aa8-853a-9ccf5703c1e2
  8. Xbox one update messed up my 360 games can't hear NPC's

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one update messed up my 360 games can't hear NPC's: OK so a few weeks ago you guys did an update on the Xbox one. I think ever since then all of my backwards combat compatibility titles for the 360 the NPC's when you're facing them face-to-face you...
  9. Playing Xbox 360 Games with TV Tuner? Hear Me Out

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing Xbox 360 Games with TV Tuner? Hear Me Out: I have a question about the TV tuner. I understand that you plug the tuner into the XB1 through USB, not HDMI. I have an Xbox 360 hooked up to my XB1 through the HDMI-in port. In order to play 360...
  10. Datel Gametalk Pro 2 Wireless Headset No One Can Hear Me Mic Issue Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Datel Gametalk Pro 2 Wireless Headset No One Can Hear Me Mic Issue Xbox 360: Hi, im hoping someone will be able to finally help me with an issue i have been having with my Datel Gametalk Pro 2 Wireless headset which i have had for a few years now. About a year and half now...