New to the forum. Xbox One X serious issues after playing cyberpunk. Corrupt save game data.

Discus and support New to the forum. Xbox One X serious issues after playing cyberpunk. Corrupt save game data. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Sorry if this question has been resolved elsewhere. I have searched but am yet to find one that is entirely relevant to my situation. I will be as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AshleyMorris3, Dec 21, 2022.

1. New to the forum. Xbox One X serious issues after playing cyberpunk. Corrupt save game data.

Sorry if this question has been resolved elsewhere. I have searched but am yet to find one that is entirely relevant to my situation.

I will be as detailed as I possibly can.

I have an Xbox One X which is approximately 2 1/2 years old and is well looked after. I’ve had no issues up until about a week ago. I purchased the disc version of cyberpunk, 2077, which I am fully aware, has many issues of its own. What I was not aware of is that these issues could result in my Xbox becoming entirely (the F word comes to mind) dysfunctional.

What began as an occasional corrupt save data issue rapidly seemed to spread to the Xbox home UI causing it to slow down to the point of crashing. This issue became more and more severe over the course of 48 hours to the point that the Xbox no longer starts. This is not a power issue as the lights all come on, however the user interface itself rarely starts up.

I am pretty tech savvy and have painstakingly tried all possible solutions to this problem. I shall list these now:

-hard, reset, the console by holding the power button down for 10 seconds, removing the power lead, waiting for a minute or two before restarting the console. Note: this fixed worked for the first half dozen times.

-Hold down the eject button and controller connect button whilst also pressing the power button to start the console in troubleshoot mode. I then attempted all possible options via this method to no avail.

At some point, the console refused to boot at all, even via the method mentioned above, which left me with only one option which was to factory reset the console via USB. I tried this method multiple times using multiple USB drives and ensuring that I fully formatted the drives into the required NTFS format, rather than using the quick format option. (I’m not an idiot).

I would estimate that after attempting all of these options, I had a success rate of about 20%. This success however was temporary and at best lasted for all of 10 minutes before the user interface crashed on me again.

I’d like to mention that the saved game corruption only happened with the Cyberpunk game. Despite its faults, it’s a very immersive game, and therefore I haven’t really played many other games during that time. I did however spend a small amount of time on GTA online and had no issues whilst doing so.

My logic tells me that a single game, despite it being full of bugs, surely doesn’t have the power to entirely destroy my console. If so, Microsoft really need to sort their (profanity incoming) out.

The point of this post is to see whether anyone else has suffered from a similar issue and also to see whether anyone has found a solution. One which ideally doesn’t require me paying a fortune for out-of-warranty repairs or, god-forbid, a new console.

* PS I have already rang the Microsoft support team who, despite being extremely friendly and doing his very best to help, told me absolutely nothing that I didn’t already know and basically tried to tell me that cyberpunk was the issue. I find this very difficult to believe myself.

:)

AshleyMorris3, Dec 21, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

New to the forum. Xbox One X serious issues after playing cyberpunk. Corrupt save game data.

Sorry about the problem you've got.

I consider myself very tech savvy. I've built and repaired and upgraded many PC's since 2002 and owned quite a few Xbox consoles, and I can assure you, a game can not break a console. So, if you're thinking Cyberpunk broke your Xbox One X, believe me, it can't and it hasn't done so here either.

The fact that your console has now suffered a fault while playing Cyberpunk is merely a coincidence. The older Xbox One, One S and One X contains a mechanical hard drive, and it's likely this drive that has failed or is on the verge of total failure. Hard disk drives are mechanical with physical discs and read write heads. Most hard drives can last for years, in this instance I think you've been unlucky and the drive has failed much earlier than expected. A failing hard drive can and will cause system instability, extreme slow downs and system crashes.

While your issue might be some other hardware issue (there is no way to check), a failed drive is the most likely cause.

There isn't a fix you can do yourself for this. Unfortunately, if a system reset does not resolve your issue, you're going to need to get your console repaired.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Jump Force Stuck on Start Menu After Pressing A

Hi Supreme,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We are sorry for the issue with the game launching. We recommend to clear your local save data for the game. To do this go to settings>system>storage>clear local save. Reason it may not be launching is the data is corrupt.
    This will force the game to get the save data for the cloud. If the console does not restart do a

power cycle
    after clearing local save data before launching the game.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. Tristan388 Win User

Minecraft Save & Quit does not save

Are you playing on PC or console? Are you able to save any other games without issues? If it is just on one world, it might be corrupted, and might need to start a new one. Otherwise try clearing the game data/reinstalling.
  5. SUPREME x Kai Win User

Jump Force Stuck on Start Menu After Pressing A

Hi Supreme,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We are sorry for the issue with the game launching. We recommend to clear your local save data for the game. To do this go to settings>system>storage>clear local save. Reason it may not be launching is the data is corrupt.
    This will force the game to get the save data for the cloud. If the console does not restart do a

power cycle
    after clearing local save data before launching the game.

Thanks,

Brad
    Thank you it worked!
  6. IsaacClarkeSNL Win User

New Fallout game coming anytime soon?

[quote user="StrictlyDigital"]I was one of the lucky ones because I never once experienced any gltich, corrupt save, or any other negative issues in the many hours I played New Vegas[/quote]You must have been. I was playing it a couple days ago and it hard
    locked my xbox. After I turned it back on all of my data had been corrupted for everything.
Thema:

1. New to the forum. Xbox One X serious issues after playing cyberpunk. Corrupt save game data. - Similar Threads - forum serious issues

2. I AM BANNED FOR MAKING A CHAT ON GROUP CHAT PLZ SEE FORUMS MODS I WANT TO PLAY WITH MY TEAMATES

in XBoX on Windows
    I AM BANNED FOR MAKING A CHAT ON GROUP CHAT PLZ SEE FORUMS MODS I WANT TO PLAY WITH MY TEAMATES: I am banned for making a group post about my channel there was nothing offensive just my channel for xbox and twitch i tried to play with my brother but i couldent friend him also im banned from...
  3. does xbox offer community forums per game like steam does?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does xbox offer community forums per game like steam does?: If not where can I go to if I need help with a xbox game? Aside from the generic 3 options of course.. being: Xbox Support Website Xbox Support App Microsoft Community Forums Because if i...
  4. How do I find the sea of thieves insider forums?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I find the sea of thieves insider forums?: I hopped into the sea of thieves insiders game version and saw a message at the top that said there was a big announcement on the sea of thieves insiders forums but I can't find the information or...
  5. Is there any Moderators or Xbox live Ambassadors on this forums can help me?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any Moderators or Xbox live Ambassadors on this forums can help me?: IS there any Xbox live Ambassadors or Moderators on this Forums page can help me? Regarding the xbox support or a way to contact the Customer services by phone etc, sunce I've trying to contact...
  6. i keep getting exit code 1. i already tried things off a forum but nothing. Please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i keep getting exit code 1. i already tried things off a forum but nothing. Please help: i cant use a image becuase it doesn't load. the error is just 1 3c61ebde-df90-4761-8b33-1670a14a718e
  7. [Xbox Forum] Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    [Xbox Forum] Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile: Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile - Microsoft Community I have the same problem. XBF-JoannaDark Microsoft Employee Moderator I need your help But I want to give my gamertag by...
  8. why as a paying customer can i not post on a games forums because of home share?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why as a paying customer can i not post on a games forums because of home share?: I home share with my nephew and together we bought Diablo 4 on his account so the blizzard forums wont let me post because I don't "own" the game. Since Microsoft just bought ABK I'm not surprised...
  9. Microsoft Flight Simulator forum.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Flight Simulator forum.: I would like to access the official Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 forum, but I got the following message and could not log in. I went to the link and logged in to the sign in at the top right...
  10. why as a paying customer can i not post of a games forums because of home share?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why as a paying customer can i not post of a games forums because of home share?: I home share with my nephew and together we bought Diablo 4 on his account so the blizzard forums wont let me post because I don't "own" the game. Since Microsoft just bought ABK I'm not surprised...