New Series X won't stay connected to Ethernet for more than 30 seconds

Discus and support New Series X won't stay connected to Ethernet for more than 30 seconds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just bought a new series X and plugged it in using the same Ethernet that I had in my Xbox one x that worked perfectly. I have since not been able to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by David Logemann, Mar 25, 2023.

1. New Series X won't stay connected to Ethernet for more than 30 seconds

Just bought a new series X and plugged it in using the same Ethernet that I had in my Xbox one x that worked perfectly. I have since not been able to download a single game, as my Ethernet will only download games for about 30 seconds.

Then the download will completely stop. The network status gets trapped in a status of NAT Type unavailable, and service info is unavailable.

Troubleshooting steps already attempted:

- swap Ethernet cord

- confirmed both cords work with a PC flawlessly

- swapped to all 4 ports on the router

- attempted a full reset of the console

Did I buy a console with a damaged Ethernet port? Or is there some other explanation? I have good wifi, but I'm not willing to give up 100mbps download speed by removing the cord. I'm beyond frustrated with having to troubleshoot a brand new console.

:)

David Logemann, Mar 25, 2023
  2. David Logemann Win User

Hey Kim,

I had not tried this, but I seriously doubt this would solve the issue. I've talked with Xbox support, and they tried to put the blame on my ISP. But I literally just plugged my old Xbox one x into the same cord, and it still works. I'm just going to return this one and hope the second goes better.
  3. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi David, I'm Kim, an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Have you tried installing the game remotely? You can click the game title from your order history to install it via Xbox store or you can use Xbox app. Just make sure that remote features are already enabled. Go to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features. Check the box to enable remote features and for Power options, select Sleep mode.
  4. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi, David. Sorry for the trouble. If in case you have further questions, please feel free to ask them here. Thank you
  5. WeeZaliban Win User

Unable to remain connected to XBL

Finally able to redownload my profile. Let's see if I can stay connected for more than 30 seconds.
  6. Mister Fitzer Win User

Unable to stay connected for more then 30 seconds

How is the older console connected to LIVE? Are you using a wireless or wired connection? If wired, you may want to try that with the new console, to see if that works. In order to troubleshoot the connection, you'll need to answer the bold questions

here
Thema:

1. New Series X won't stay connected to Ethernet for more than 30 seconds - Similar Threads - Series won't stay

2. Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds: I play connected via usb cable when it just stopped responding. I tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, which worked but only for around 4 seconds, i could keep doing that to control...
  3. Series S froze on main menu and xbox won't stay turned off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S froze on main menu and xbox won't stay turned off.: I have a 1 yr old Series S, it froze on the homescreen and none of the controller buttons do anything. I can turn it off with the power button on the Xbox but it randomly turns itself back on like...
  4. I have an Xbox series that won't stay connected unless I factory reset or restart router.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox series that won't stay connected unless I factory reset or restart router.: To make a long story short I have an Xbox series x that worked perfectly fine whenever I had my own place with my own Wi-Fi however I had to move and the people I moved in with have their own...
  5. Xbox Series X won't turn on, and the light on the xbox button on the console only stays on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't turn on, and the light on the xbox button on the console only stays on...: When I try to turn my Xbox Series X on by pressing the power button, it plays the "power on" sound and the light goes on for around 1 - 1.5 minutes before turning back off. It was working before,...
  6. Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?: It works just fine on my Xbox Series S wirelessly and when connected to my PC via USB cable, but it will not stay connected to the PC via the wireless adaptor. This only started recently. It will...
  7. Xbox Series S won't stay on, it clicks then turns off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S won't stay on, it clicks then turns off.: Hi , so my Series S randomly stopped working. Every time I try to turn it on it'll light up for a second, make a click and turn off. My first thought was cable/powerstrip, so I tried it on it's on...
  8. Xbox series x won't stay on for more than 10 seconds

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x won't stay on for more than 10 seconds: Is there any way I could fix this submitted by /u/knights4412 [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller won't stay connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller won't stay connected: I just got a new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller today, and even when wired to my PC, it stops working in the middle of an Apex Legends game. The light is still on but there's not response from the...
  10. Why won't the series x stay connected to wifi??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the series x stay connected to wifi??: Everytime I turn The xbox on it is not connected to Wi-Fi.Then when I go to turn it says it cannot find any Wi-Fi around. So when I go to search for a Wi-Fi I can just hit any. Number. Or letter...