New Series X randomly keeps shutting off

Discus and support New Series X randomly keeps shutting off in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Need some help here. Purchased a Series X online this week and received it today. Had no issues while I set it up earlier, and it stayed on for a good... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/OkYogurtcloset8120, Jun 3, 2023.

1. New Series X randomly keeps shutting off

Need some help here.

Purchased a Series X online this week and received it today. Had no issues while I set it up earlier, and it stayed on for a good hour and a half while downloading a game. Got home from my job and turned it back on about an hour ago, and it keeps turning off on me.

Looking online trying to figure this out, and I'm seeing a lot of the same stuff, but not having any luck. Don't see how it could be overheating so quickly.

Seems like this is a common problem, so if anyone can help me find a solution, let me know. It's really frustrating that this brand new, supposedly powerful console can't handle fifteen minutes of Halo gameplay.

submitted by /u/OkYogurtcloset8120
    [link] [comments]

/u/OkYogurtcloset8120, Jun 3, 2023
  2. SoundPeach Win User

Is the Xbox X|S unstable (bricking, crashing etc.)?

just got my series x 2 days a go and my console will randomly freeze then shut off im having texture issues with games that are enhanced and also audio issues
  3. OldManScud Win User

Series x keeps shutting off

Provide more details next time and you'll get better answers. What are you ding when it powers down. Does it do it while idle?

Check the power cable and make sure it is seated all the way in to the console. Next make sure your outlet/power strip is in good working order.
  4. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Xbox Series X Randomly Shuts Off

I would strongly suggest trying the troubleshooting steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear

Then select System > Settings > devices and streaming > blue ray > persistent storage > clear three times > restart console.

Also, It would be great if you can delete the local save of the game.

If the issue persists, please try to soft reset the console
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Xbox Series X randomly shutting off

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Before sending the console in for repair I would suggest that you exit the insider's program to use a more stable system and dashboard version, see if the problem persists.

It's not normal for consoles to shut down even while participating in the insider's program, I also suggest you try the tips below.

Change the HDMI port your console is connected to the tv and also the console itself

Try plugging the console directly into the power outlet, without using a line filter

Try testing the console on another power outlet

I also suggest you do a factory reset keeping your games and apps.

If the problem persists even following the instructions above, I suggest reading the article below for possible solutions.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

- If none of this solves the problem, I'm afraid it's a hardware problem that would need repair or replacement. If the console is still within its warranty period you can be activating it via the link below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

*Thank you in advance for contacting the community, I hope this can help you.
  6. OpticRJames Win User

Xbox Series X randomly shutting off

Thema:

New Series X randomly keeps shutting off

1. New Series X randomly keeps shutting off - Similar Threads - Series randomly keeps

2. My new Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from xbox services for a couple seconds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from xbox services for a couple seconds.: I got a series x fro christmas and randomly throughout the day it will disconnect me from xbox live services and boot me back to the main menu of whatever game I am playing. It only lasts a couple...
  3. Does anyone know why my Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting me from the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know why my Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting me from the internet?: It has been happening out of nowhere for the past few days not. I will be playing games and the it would say I lose connection and then it would come back on in a few second. Then after like 5-10...
  4. Several of my friends and my own XBox Series X keeps randomly rebooting after the last...

in XBoX on Windows
    Several of my friends and my own XBox Series X keeps randomly rebooting after the last...: Several of my friends and my own lot of XBox Series X's, keeps randomly rebooting after the last system update on 9/6/2023. Is there any news if Microsoft is going to roll back this release or...
  5. My Series X controller keeps randomly turning off with fully charged batteries in it, and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Series X controller keeps randomly turning off with fully charged batteries in it, and...: So what does the battery symbol with the lightning bolt next to it mean? e15d5f09-747a-4384-8411-0d0d98cb2c7f
  6. My Xbox Series S controller keeps dying randomly. (I am using it on my pc trhough a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S controller keeps dying randomly. (I am using it on my pc trhough a...: So I had this controller for almost 2 years. After about 10 months of using it, I got it sent to Germany to get it fixed after the USB C port was not working at all. Warranty got it fixed and sent...
  7. Why does my new series X keep crashing randomly when playing games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my new series X keep crashing randomly when playing games?: I only got my Series X yesterday, it is refurbished and bought from the gamestore but I'm genuinely confused as to why it keeps doing this. I could be in the middle of playing something and the...
  8. Why does my xbox controller keep randomly disconnecting? I have both Xbox series x and PS5...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox controller keep randomly disconnecting? I have both Xbox series x and PS5...: Why does my xbox controller keep randomly disconnecting? I have both Xbox series x and PS5 and I've noticed that with PS5's Bluetooth controller connection, this error has not occurred. BTW, I...
  9. Series X Keeps randomly disconecting for a sec from xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Keeps randomly disconecting for a sec from xbox network: So i have my Series X since december 2022 and now for a few months it keeps kicking me from every game because the xbox disconnects for a second from xbox live i did everything in this thread but...
  10. First generation Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from 5g WiFi. The WiFi doesn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    First generation Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from 5g WiFi. The WiFi doesn't...: I pre-ordered the Series X at launch and it disconnects randomly when I'm using it. I'm not 100% sure what it is. I keep it in low power mode and I would be using it for various games....