New Series X controller disconnect when idle at pause menu Doom Eternal

Discus and support New Series X controller disconnect when idle at pause menu Doom Eternal in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Brand new Series X controller works fine during gameplay, but on any pause menu or cutscenes (Doom Eternal), the controller quickly disconnects and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by reptilian, Nov 13, 2020.

1. reptilian
    reptilian New Member

Brand new Series X controller works fine during gameplay, but on any pause menu or cutscenes (Doom Eternal), the controller quickly disconnects and reconnects, saying "Please reconnect the controller". This is a message in Doom Eternal (not a system message), it appears for about 1-2 seconds and then goes away. It is immersion breaking and I would call it a serious issue.

This does not happen with my previous Xbox One controllers. Of course, I have updated the controller firmware several times and fully shutdown and restarted Xbox One (it's the original 2013 console). Battery is fully charged.

Someone on another forum said they had this issue with Assassin's Creed Valhalla while connected to a 2013 Xbox One with new Series X controller.

It's so annoying to have wasted hours researching this issue which should have been tested on every console by Microsoft. I'm going to return it to Amazon unless a firmware update is released to fix it very soon. I really hope it isn't something to do with the new radio/bluetooth controller. Although, the controller stays connected perfectly for hours of gameplay, so I don't think it's wireless interference. It only happens when the controller is idle.

I've also had a bug when I was in YouTube, the controller was still connected and became unresponsive, I couldn't even hold the X button to turn the controller off.

I've seen others with this same issue on other forums. I'm hoping this gets into the known issues of Xbox support.

I have searched Bethesda support and nobody is talking about this, I don't think it's only a Doom Eternal issue.

reptilian, Nov 13, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

how do vulkan games like doom eternal run on xbox

Pretty sure they're not using Vulkan on Xbox.

How they run depends on what console you're using. On Series X they're excellent, and Doom Eternal even has raytraced reflections on the Series X hardware. The RT can drop the FPS to just below 60 occasionally, but it's largely flawless.

On the now older Xbox One S their resolution is limited to around 900P, but they run much smoother and in higher res on the One X and Series X.

If you've got a Series X, Doom 2016, Doom Eternal, Wolfenstein II The New Colossus and Wolfenstein Youngblood play really well. No major performance issues. Digital Foundry on YouTube have conducted extensive tests on these games. I would check them out.

Doom Eternal Next-Gen Upgrade: PS5 vs Xbox Series X/ Series S - All Modes Tested
  3. JohnDecker9 Win User

Series x technical specs grayed out

I've checked every game including Valhalla and call of duty. None support 4k? Not even doom eternal upgrade to series x?
  4. LukeMQ Win User

Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?

I have an issue similar to yours and identical to other users: even after OS update 10.0.22000.2656,
    on Xbox Series X when some games like Doom Eternal, Crash Bandicoot 4, Psychonauts 2, Tales of Arise and Visage are launched (only Xbox Series X enhanced games and not all of them) any Xbox Series X controller incur in an input issue, with battery and with USB cable without battery: if any key or trigger is pressed rapidly it doesn't work, a sort of input lag. The issue persist in any dashboard menu or in any other game that don't give this issue, then if I turn off and turn on the controller again the problem disappear until I return to the game in background that caused the issue. Any Xbox One X controller works perfectly instead. Both Xbox Series X and Xbox Series X controller are update with the latest update. I noticed that when the issue start the usual buzzing noise of the controller change sound, a lower sound. This issue started since about 4 months after a system update. I have reported many times this issue and it has been reported by other users too.
    Analog sticks and triggers calibration from the system menu is missing, an essential feature in my opinion, I'm reporting this since 3 years.
  5. LukeMQ Win User

Xbox Series X controller input lag

On Xbox Series X when some games like Doom Eternal, Crash Bandicoot 4, Psychonauts 2, Tales of Arise and Visage are launched (only Xbox Series X enhanced games and not all of them) any Xbox Series X controller incur in an input issue, with battery and with USB cable without battery: if any key or trigger is pressed rapidly it doesn't work, a sort of input lag. The issue persist in any dashboard menu, then if I turn off and turn on the controller again the problem disappear until I return to the game in background that caused the issue. Any Xbox One X controller works perfectly instead. Both Xbox Series X and Xbox Series X controller are update with the latest update. I noticed that when the issue start the usual buzzing noise of the controller change sound, a lower sound. If I plug any headphone with or without microphone in the Xbox Series X controller the commands are more responsive but the problem remains. I reported more and more times this problem to Microsoft since 3 months but still there isn't an update that resolve this issue with my great disappointment. I think this issue started since about 4 months after a system update, and I think the problem is the same of yours. Can you confirm this?
  6. Dabima Win User

Music

For Game Soundtracks I would have to say the Halo series has been my favorite, along with Doom 2016 and soon Doom Eternal!
Thema:

1. New Series X controller disconnect when idle at pause menu Doom Eternal - Similar Threads - Series controller disconnect

2. Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming: I'm not sure how unique my situation is but i'll try to be as detailed in explanation, as of today my pad keeps disconnecting when gaming, rarely or not what-ever if I leave my pad idle or just...
  3. Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting: Bought a brand new Xbox series S and the controller started randomly disconnecting while playing games. I’ve never had this problem with my series X. So I took my spare controller and tried to use...
  4. My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.: Since a few Months now my Xbox disconnects first the Controller, and then the Internet. To reconnect, I have to Restart the Xbox. I tried another Controller, another Network, even playing with...
  5. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  6. My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting: I got a new xbox core controller and connected it to my xbox one but it won't stay connected ad0fb639-1623-4ca9-a942-2a930f9e6332
  7. My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly: Hello, recently I've been having this issue when playing a game where my controller would randomly disconnect and reconnect even in wired on PC, I tried other usb cables, batteries, another pc,...
  8. Xbox controllers keep disconnecting and reconnection on Series S

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controllers keep disconnecting and reconnection on Series S: I recently got an Xbox Series S and my controllers (both new controller that came with the console, and my old Xbox one controller) have been randomly disconnecting and reconnecting, and my...
  9. Xbox Series X Controller Keeps disconnecting.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Controller Keeps disconnecting.: I’m in alpha updates and I’ve noticed while I was playing Dead Island 2, whenever I’d click the guide button the controller freezes, disconnects and then reconnects. Even my Xbox wireless headset...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button: I recently bought an Elite Xbox Series 2 controller for my PC, and I ran into an issue where every time I press and hold (edit: any button), the controller would briefly disconnect (no input, xbox...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. series x controller disconnect

2. how to fix xbox series x controller disconnecting pc with doom

3. xbox series x controller disconnects when idle

4. xbox series x controller idle,
  5. xbox series x disconnects idle control