New Remote Play Problems

Discus and support New Remote Play Problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I used to play remote play almost daily at my office with no issues. I connected flawlessly every time. Sure, there were hiccups with graphics and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CKsjusd, Mar 31, 2022.

1. CKsjusd
    CKsjusd Guest

New Remote Play Problems

I used to play remote play almost daily at my office with no issues. I connected flawlessly every time. Sure, there were hiccups with graphics and minor issues, but it connected at least and for the most part it worked really well. I had a big project pop up in January and I stopped gaming to focus on it. Now that I am over the hurdle, I am able to act a bit more leisurely in my day.

This was mid-January or so. All of the sudden as of 3 days ago, it just doesn't work at all save one time, yesterday. Quite literally, nothing at all has changed. I am the SysAdmin here at work, if anything changed I would have been the one to do it. We change nothing here, nor have we in years. We may add new items to the firewall, but we don't alter policy. I have a 1 GbE at home, the NAT is open for the Xbox. It is the same on each side since February 2nd.

Have there been issues or something? I just keep getting "We found your console but can't connect. Try from a different Wi-Fi or cellular network." I tried that. It still doesn't work

:)

CKsjusd, Mar 31, 2022
  2. [Yağız] Win User

Problem with remote play.

Hi Rostom,

Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately I can't turn off the remote control function as I'm away from home and I will be for some time. I've tried reinstalling the apps but that didn't help.

Is there any other suggestions you can give me to try while I'm away?
  3. Rostom L Win User

Problem with remote play.

Hi [Yağız]!

Let's set it up from scratch. We will have to disable your remote play features first.

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    Go to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features.
    Uncheck the Enable remote features checkbox.
    Under Power options, select Sleep.

Once done, restart your console. After it restarts, enable the remote features again.

After you re-enabled it, reinstall your Xbox app on both mobile devices.

After that, open the Xbox mobile app.
    Select the My Library icon and select Consoles.
    ***Swipe down your screen 2 to 3 times to refresh the list.
    Select the console you want to connect to and then press Remote play on this device.

If possible, try to connect to a different network connection. You should meet the network speed requirement of:
    7-10 Mbps
    Connected to a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network (a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network will work but isn’t currently optimized)
    Cellular network connectivity is also available
  4. OliverAbbott Win User

Xbox Series X and PDP Media Remote Power/Home button not responsive

Having the same problem. Both the original Microsoft Xbox Media Remote and the new PDP remote. The xbox buttons will turn the console on, but are otherwise unresponsive.
  5. Flying Dutchman 88 Win User

New Media Remote Problem

These have all been tried...I also got out my owners manual and the codes for my TV were among these...I just dont understand why the older ones can be channel scanned to the correct code in a matter of seconds and I cannot get this one to work properly....HEY
    MICROSOFT! Don't fix it if it isn't BROKE!!!!
  6. The Cthulhu Win User

New Media Remote Problem

Polaroid 0765, 0865, 1262, 1196, 1381, 0898, 1316, 1326,

1032, 1282, 0499, 1104, 0835, 1523, 1538, 0773,

1720, 1762, 1766, 1767, 1769, 1826, 1962, 2002,

1831, 2063, 1694, 2120

Found
    here

Not sure if all the above codes are listed in the manual provided.
Thema:

New Remote Play Problems

1. New Remote Play Problems - Similar Threads - Remote Play Problems

2. Xbox One S Remote Play Microsoft Rewards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Remote Play Microsoft Rewards: Can I set up remote play on the Xbox One S so I can check the Microsoft Rewards app from my phone or laptop? f74e807f-bd08-404f-a6a0-e649d94e5728
  3. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  4. Mobile Touch Controls(remote play)

in XboX Insiders
    Mobile Touch Controls(remote play): Hey Team Xbox; just wanted to divulge this little minor detail, I have the iPhone14proMax and the “dynamic island” cuts off most of the left trigger touch control button/input. I am still able to...
  5. Xbox App on MacOS for Remote Play

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App on MacOS for Remote Play: Hey! I just purchased an Xbox series S and it every penny on it feels worth it and even better than PS in terms of power and price. However, it’s really off putting that there’s no Xbox app for...
  6. Headphones disconnect when going to remote play.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphones disconnect when going to remote play.: When using Xbox one and Xbox companion app on IPhone. I join a party in the app and can talk through my headphones. As soon as I remote play a game on the app, my headphones disconnect from my...
  7. My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games: My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games. It works completely fine with game pass, but when playing 2 different disc games, in remote play, my...
  8. Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi: I am a college student and I try to do remote play from my Xbox to my computer and it doesn’t work. When I click on my console and start the remote play the spaceship flys out of screen like it...
  9. Remote play issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play issue: When i connect to the remote play from pc and start it and i enter the Xbox homepage the screen starts getting pixeled and can't see anything 3de69956-cee9-4f72-8272-b58b8fd59601
  10. Remote play problem on xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play problem on xbox series x: Hi, So I have this problem with my xbox series x. I use remote play (from ipad on wifi, PC wired, any client) and sometimes it stutters every 10 seconds for a second or 2. But sometimes it...