New Qos Settings (Wondering on wether to use them or not)

Discus and support New Qos Settings (Wondering on wether to use them or not) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I play on a heavily congested internet. I use ethernet yet the packet loss, jitter and latency are lacking. I am unsure if i should enable any of these... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/OP69OP, Nov 24, 2022.

1. /u/OP69OP
    /u/OP69OP Guest

I play on a heavily congested internet. I use ethernet yet the packet loss, jitter and latency are lacking. I am unsure if i should enable any of these QoS settings on my xbox to try and get better performance while playing online and streaming.

submitted by /u/OP69OP
    [link] [comments]

/u/OP69OP, Nov 24, 2022
  2. ObiLeon-87F6B062-599 Win User

Wheres my free game?

Still wondering wether anyone can confirm that my free game is its on way to me, or if theres a problem/delay dispatching them to people.
  3. BinaryXtreme Win User

QoS settings for Live

Hi Val. Sorry to see you're having troubles with your router. Have you looked at

support.xbox.com/.../browse
    There is a lot of great information that can help you through the process there.I'd suggest to go here since you have many questions regarding your set up.
  4. VibroPlex Win User

QoS settings for Live

I wish I had specifics regarding QoS to share with you.

However, I can suggest that port forwarding should include both TCP and UDP for port 3074.

It's more efficient and takes less router CPU time than DMZ.

Please also make sure that UPnP is disabled as it can conflict with both DMZ and Port Forwards.
  5. Xx ROZILLA xX Win User

QoS settings for Live

you should set QOS on ports.

If you want to understand and read here is one of the best links I ever saw. It´s for tomato Firmware but you can use the Information for all.

www.linksysinfo.org/index.php
  6. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

QoS settings for Live

Use the 360's IP for both. give it a preference of 1 (being the best) I usually assign 90% of the available bandwidth to the 360. (This option isn't available for all routers)

I recommend reading "How to Configure Your Router for Gaming" the QoS stuff is on page 7.

Usually with QoS you only need enter the IP or the ports.

I feel using the IP is much easier.

Note that you don't need to enable this if you know that there are not any additional users on the network while you're on the 360.
Thema:

1. New Qos Settings (Wondering on wether to use them or not) - Similar Threads - Qos Settings Wondering

2. High packet loss and QoS not working, can anyone give me any tips to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    High packet loss and QoS not working, can anyone give me any tips to fix it?: I know what packet loss is, but I don't understand why only certain games I play are experiencing it, when it happens I do the network speed and stats test and it shows that I only have 1% packet...
  3. Which Qos settings is better for my Xbox one for online gaming?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which Qos settings is better for my Xbox one for online gaming?: Is it better for the xbox one to use its DSCP tagging setting to prioritize packets Wi-Fi/wired or is it better to use the eero router’s optimize gaming setting? I’m asking because I’m also...
  4. Wired connection, gigabit internet, ports forwarded, NAT type open, QoS disabled -- Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired connection, gigabit internet, ports forwarded, NAT type open, QoS disabled -- Xbox...: With how large games are now, this is becoming a bit frustrating. Have even turned QoS back on & no improvement in download speed. Does anyone have the answer? No other games are running. Edit:...
  5. Xbox Networking QoS Tagging Settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Networking QoS Tagging Settings: Since the QoS Tagging Settings was updated to my Xbox , it is hard to play games when it makes your latency go from 170 to any where between 240 .I have no need for it as I already pay my internet...
  6. can somebody explain these new QOS Tagging settings

in XboX Insiders
    can somebody explain these new QOS Tagging settings: Noticed they added some new settings to the advance WiFi settings. -QOS Tagging settings- -DSCP Tagging -WMM Tagging I tried Googling it but no luck, I have a pretty good router too so I'm sure...
  7. Specifics ports for chat on XBox One that can be QoS/DSCP prioritized?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Specifics ports for chat on XBox One that can be QoS/DSCP prioritized?: I'd like to be able to prioritize voice chat traffic coming from my XBox One (either via XBox chat or Fortnite chat). Are there specific ports I could reference to tag packets with DSCP or (better...
  8. Help with QoS setup on Actiontec Q1000

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with QoS setup on Actiontec Q1000: I am having alot of latency issues with online. To get a couple questions out of the way first, Yes, the Q1000 powers everything, No, I don't have an additional router that it's bridged to....
  9. Setting up QOS on xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Setting up QOS on xbox 360: So basically i want to set up my QOS to give my xbox 360 highest priority and i have read everything on the internet but nothing seems to be clear as im not tech savy. here are a few pictures of...
  10. How to Set Up QoS for my Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to Set Up QoS for my Xbox One?: I'm currently in the process of optimizing my Xbox One's network capabilities. I live in a very full house with many different bandwith users. While my Xbox One connection is still good, as we...