New old gen games on Next gen

Discus and support New old gen games on Next gen in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was wondering if I could buy the Xbox one versions of 2k23 or Madden 23 and be able to play them on an Xbox series S. I know there’s the next gen... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Daniel Rosario1, Dec 26, 2022.

1. New old gen games on Next gen

I was wondering if I could buy the Xbox one versions of 2k23 or Madden 23 and be able to play them on an Xbox series S. I know there’s the next gen version, but I were to buy and download the old gen versions of newer games if I would be able to play them on the Series S

:)

Daniel Rosario1, Dec 26, 2022
  2. robnyack Win User

A goodbye letter to Xbox.

I've been say this every time we approach a new next gen.....I never understand why people would want to play old last gen games on their new next gen system.

I think of those that moan and groan about it.....when the next gen finally gets in their hands, the last thing they even think if is playing an old last gen game on it.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi Daniel, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Yes, you will be able to play the Xbox One versions of the games on an Xbox Series S through backward compatibility.

For your reference, I got you the game's FAQ:

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-...

https://nba.2k.com/2k23/faq/

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  4. pureplayin2 Win User

Microsoft, it's not the price that is the problem......

Those games you're looking for will eventually come maybe.. I agree that cross gen games need to stop. It was ok last gen because the old consoles were 6ish years old when xbox 360 and ps3 came out, but now I feel they need to cut off the old consoles
    and just make the game for the new. Only because xbox 360 is 9 yrs old and ps3 8yrs old and DEFINITELY HOLDING BACK this new gen.. And I don't know if you noticed, but every new console gen is an upgrade from the last. People need to quit having unrealistic
    expectations for new gens. The real next step in gaming is VR. And there are games that show next gen already. Ryse, Infamous, Killzone, Forza Horizon 2, etc, so be patient they will come.. I'M ENJOYING THE HIGHER RESOLUTION, BETTER AA, TEXTURES AND OTHERS
    THAT LAST GEN CAN'T DO..
  5. CODukes4 Win User

Red Dead Redemption Sequel

Rockstar games are meant for next gen. They made open world games great on the old gen...I can't imagine what they will do on the next gen.
  6. MindHunter II Win User

Titanfall news

Next gen game on a next gen system with the same old tired 6v6 game play with no SP mode.... *YAWN*
Thema:

1. New old gen games on Next gen - Similar Threads - old gen games

2. Problem on old gen console with new update

in XboX Insiders
    Problem on old gen console with new update: Hey all so I'm still on xbox one x and I have a problem with the new update I'm reaching out to try and see if maybe someone here has had the same problem before. After this most recent update I...
  3. Can you play new mw3 from an old gen xbox 1 external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you play new mw3 from an old gen xbox 1 external hard drive: Can you play the new Modern Warfare 3 from an external hard drive on the old gen Xbox One 1d7b830b-4512-462a-ae16-59c74b8077bd
  4. Why doesn't my old gen Xbox one s let me download a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't my old gen Xbox one s let me download a game?: So I'm trying to download Call Of Duty World War 2, I know its possible to be downloaded because I have the disk and my friend downloaded it on his old gen console just a few weeks ago, but every...
  5. I want to play an X/S game but my friends have the old gen version can we play together or no?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to play an X/S game but my friends have the old gen version can we play together or no?: I have battlefield 2042 but its the X/S version and everyone i want to play with has the xbox one version can we play together or is it not possible eb8efcd9-f01f-4323-a6b2-eefd861a3bd5
  6. R6 Connectivity issues on old gen Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    R6 Connectivity issues on old gen Xbox: Hey everyone, I’m on a 2017 Xbox series S and I keep getting booted from siege games to the Home Screen at the start of the game and thus keep getting banned. Is there a quick fix for this, or is...
  7. Can really any old gen game be played on series x?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can really any old gen game be played on series x?: For instance, I want to play NCAA 14 on it 3b169c55-7fed-4be2-9198-4d5507b0fe27
  8. Says that I don't own the game when I network transfer game to new gen from old gen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Says that I don't own the game when I network transfer game to new gen from old gen: Recently I got a new gen xbox, and I wanted to play borderlands 3 on it. I went to the Microsoft store to download, because for whatever reason it didn't show up in my games and apps, and it said...
  9. How to use game code for next gen and old gen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to use game code for next gen and old gen: i just bought the game on digital at the store and got the code, do i use the same code on both xbox one and xbox series x or does it automatically say i own it. i dont have the next gen currently...
  10. 1st gen xbox game(old battlefront 2) starting but freeze after

in XBoX Games and Apps
    1st gen xbox game(old battlefront 2) starting but freeze after: The game start xbox og logo appear and the game doesnt lunch its freezing on the logo,gold&gp are paid ? I old the buton 10sec and try again nothing more 5283c7ab-2701-4a22-840a-0400ddb3b1da