New Minecraft launcher won't connect since I changed my main alias from my Microsoft account.

Discus and support New Minecraft launcher won't connect since I changed my main alias from my Microsoft account. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Since I changed my main alias from my Microsoft account, the new Minecraft launcher wouldn't connect and I can't play the game. I realised I had a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Youchan3070, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Youchan3070
    Youchan3070 Guest

New Minecraft launcher won't connect since I changed my main alias from my Microsoft account.

Since I changed my main alias from my Microsoft account, the new Minecraft launcher wouldn't connect and I can't play the game. I realised I had a Mojang account with the same E-Mail adress as the main alias from my Microsoft account, so I migrated the Mojang account to an another Microsoft account. But this didn't help either. Can anybody help me? I really want to use the new Minecraft launcher.

:)

Youchan3070, Jun 29, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

No problem, my friend. I'll keep going until I fully understand and am able to provide the best answer possible for your case.

Just some questions to better understand:

- When Minecraft stopped working, were you still using your Mojang account to sign in to it or were you already signing in with a Microsoft account? And this issue happened right after you changed your Microsoft account primary alias?

- You purchased Minecraft with a Mojang account, before the migration, right?

- What version of Minecraft did you purchase? Minecraft Java or Minecraft for Windows?

- And did you purchase Minecraft from the Microsoft store?

Waiting for your follow up!
  3. Youchan3070 Win User

Ok. Let's say I have 4 E-Mail adresses. 1, 2, 3, and 4. The Mojang account was created with E-Mail 1 and the Microsoft account also with E-Mail 1. But I had also a different Microsoft account with E-Mail 2. Once I changed the Microsoft account with E-Mail 1 to E-Mail 3. And then the Microsoft account with E-Mail 2 to E-Mail 1. After that I realised that Minecraft does't work with E-Mail 1. Then I remembered that I had a Mojang account with E-Mail 1 so I migrated this Mojang account to an another Microsoft account with E-Mail 4. I originally owned Minecraft with the Microsoft account with E-Mail 2(Now 1) and with the Mojang account with E-Mail 1(Now 4)

I'm sorry that it's really complicated.
  4. Youchan3070 Win User

When Minecraft stopped working, I used my Microsoft account. And this issue happened after I changed my main alias from E-Mail 2 to E-Mail 1. I can play Minecraft if I log in with my E-Mail 2.

I purchased Minecraft on my Mojang account before the migration, but I don't use my mojang account and that Microsoft account that was migrated to.

With my Mojang account (E-Mail 1) migrated to Microsoft account (E-Mail 4) I bad the Java Edition. With my first Microsoft account (E-Mail 1, now 3) I had Minecraft Bedrock Edition. And with the other MIcrosoft account (E-Mail 2, now 1) I have both Java and Bedrock.

I purchased Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my Microsoft Account (E-Mail 1, now 3) from the Microsoft Store and I purchased Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my Microsoft account (E-Mail 2, now 1) from the Microsoft Store but the Java Edition I purchased from minecraft.net. On my Mojang account (E-Mail 1, now migrated to Microsoft Account with E-Mail 3) I bought Minecraft Java from minecraft.net.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Youchan3070. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Would you please give me more information about your issue?

You changed your Microsoft account primary email address, but then you migrated the Mojang account to another Microsoft account? Is this correct?

I ask because there is no way to migrate a Mojang account that is already migrated to another Microsoft account.

Waiting for your kind reply.
  6. Minecrafter1234 Win User

After Minecraft account migration, I am unable to access my Java Edition.

Not sure why that would change anything, as there's a live connection between the launcher and the Microsoft's servers, but I did it anyway. Uninstalled both the new and old launchers. Installed the new launcher from the Microsoft store app. No change. Java Edition is still missing, and the Minecraft for Windows edition is inexplicably the only one I have. What's next?
Thema:

1. New Minecraft launcher won't connect since I changed my main alias from my Microsoft account. - Similar Threads - Minecraft launcher won't

2. minecraft launcher won't load - Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft launcher won't load - Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001: Laptop crashed 3 days ago and I've been trying to rebuild ever since. Totally new install on proven working laptop - win 10 home 64 bit. Trying to re-install the Minecraft launcher for Minecraft...
  3. Minecraft Launcher won't open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Launcher won't open: yes i know a lot of ppl have been asking this but i still cant find the solution to my problem so first things first, my minecraft was working perfectly fine but after 2 weeks from not opening...
  4. Minecraft bedrock won't install with launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft bedrock won't install with launcher: I am trying to install Minecraft Bedrock on windows 10, but when I click install in the launcher I can't select a different directory to install it in and when I press install nothing happens. Any...
  5. My Mojang Account Won't Show up in the Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Mojang Account Won't Show up in the Minecraft Launcher: I downloaded the Minecraft launcher via the Microsoft Store for the first time, and it won't let me play Java after signing in. I noticed that it says that I have no Mojang account connected to my...
  6. Minecraft java won't load using launcher.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft java won't load using launcher.: New install. It starts to download the update then crashes without notification. Poof, gone. I tried allocating more machine and video memory. Debian OS in VM using VirtualBox....
  7. Minecraft launcher won't open, redirects to Microsoft gaming page on the app store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft launcher won't open, redirects to Microsoft gaming page on the app store: So, whenever I click my Minecraft launcher icon, it doesn't open, but it redirects me to the stupid Microsoft gaming page. how am I supposed to fix this??? 6ec4efe8-9e1d-486e-81cf-58b65be3cc24
  8. Minecraft Java launcher won't work on Windows 8.1, says driver isn't compatible with OpenGL

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java launcher won't work on Windows 8.1, says driver isn't compatible with OpenGL: Hello, I have recently reinstalled 8.1 and downloaded the Minecraft launcher but whenever I try to play, it tells me that my drivers aren't compatible with OpenGL. Can someone help me? Thanks!...
  9. minecraft launcher won't start up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft launcher won't start up.: my minecraft launcher stopped working after i got the new one, is there a solution to this? 9c4c26df-1b2f-4fd0-bba8-4461439c0d7a
  10. Minecraft for Windows + Launcher won't download after buying from Microsoft App store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft for Windows + Launcher won't download after buying from Microsoft App store: I just bought Minecraft for Windows + Launcher from Microsoft app store and it just won't download :( At first, it reported an error on my side, without a code (at one point I think I saw...