New Microsoft Store - "You Must Own this Product to rate and Preview" Bug - UPDATE

Discus and support New Microsoft Store - "You Must Own this Product to rate and Preview" Bug - UPDATE in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Today I Posted a Problem, that the New Microsoft Store wont let me Rate and Review Games wich I bought on the Store. But I think I discovered now the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/SiHO_colus, Sep 22, 2020.

1. New Microsoft Store - "You Must Own this Product to rate and Preview" Bug - UPDATE

Today I Posted a Problem, that the New Microsoft Store wont let me Rate and Review Games wich I bought on the Store. But I think I discovered now the origin of the Bug: if I open the Store normaly and search the Game in it, I can Rate and Review any Game I bought or have it in the Gamepass. But if I open the Game Options (press start button on a Game) and navigate then to the Store, the New store wont let me Rate and Review. If someone else have the Same issue like on my Case, I will report the issue to Microsoft.

So please comment here if someone have the Same issue.

if you dont know how to start:

Just select a Game you own Digital, press start and select "Show in the Microsoft Store". Then navigate to Rate and Reviews. If a message pops up: "you must own this product to rate and review" then tell me that please. I think thats important.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/SiHO_colus
    [link] [comments]

/u/SiHO_colus, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Robert RedXBox Win User

I got my copy of Far Cry 5 disc version at Gamestop, its installed and updated but says I don't own

ok I need to make a correction this problem seems to be effecting a few games in Microsoft Store , I just checked my physical copy of Assassin's Creed@ Origins, also has it as not owned and has Rating and Reviews disabled, maybe an update
    to Microsoft store app on the Xbox One system has broken being able to rate and Review Physical copy's of these games, since the problem seems to be with more than just my new Far Cry 5 game, since it seems to be effecting a few new and old Physical games
    now. Fallout 4 game also has Rating and Reviews disabled too now it seems for my physical copy of that game too.

I guess either this is a new system bug or Microsoft disabled rating and review page our Physical copy's of Xbox One games discs since they don't read as owned anymore in Microsoft store app on our Xbox one systems?

can anyone else confirm that their physical copy's of these games also will not let them review and rate them?

since this is not effecting digitally brought games in Microsoft store app , its just the physical title disc versions of any of these games being installed and reading now as not owned in Microsoft store app on our Xbox One Consoles which seems to disable
    rating and review page for our physical Xbox One Games.
  3. Robert RedXBox Win User

I have not been able to rate my game that I got from my local Gamestop store, its installed but says

I guess either this is a new system bug or Microsoft disabled rating and review page our Physical copy's of Xbox One games discs since they don't read as owned anymore in Microsoft store app on our Xbox one systems?

can anyone else confirm that their physical copy's of these games also will not let them review and rate them?

since this is not effecting digitally brought games in Microsoft store app , its just the physical title disc versions of any of these games being installed and reading now as not owned in Microsoft store app on our Xbox One Consoles which seems
    to disable rating and review page for our physical Xbox One Games.
  4. BobMcFly247 Win User

Xbox one update preview.

Easiest way is to find a friend who already is in the preview program and to ask him or her to invite you. Where that is no guarantee that Microsoft will pick you to participate.

You should also be aware that participating in the preview program means a higher number and rate of updates for the dashboard and that they may happen to contain bugs and features in a not final state.
  5. Robert RedXBox Win User

I have not been able to rate my game that I got from my local Gamestop store, its installed but says

The store will say you don't own it because you didn't buy it digitally from the Xbox store.

The physical disc version came with Doomsday Prepper Pack add-on from my local GameStop store here in Redding, CA

and I also got the season pass from my local GameStop store, again I don't have an problem rating my physical final fantasy xv game disc online, it just seems to be an bug with this game only online at Microsoft store,

again it not should matter if its an digitally game or the physical version the page saying rating and reviews page is disable for my copy of this game since its still reading it as not owned., so I can't rate or review my physical copy of this game,

again the problem is only effecting this game as far as I can tell.

the only other bug maybe I noticed on my xbox one system is my final fantasy xv game is pulling up rare achievements for the windows edition for Final Fantasy xv Xbox one addition game, when I not accessing the system in its screen saver like mode. but that's
    not related to this problem at all with this far cry 5 game.
    ok I need to make a correction this problem seems to be effecting a few games in Microsoft Store , I just checked my physical copy of Assassin's Creed@ Origins, also has it as not owned and has Rating and Reviews disabled, maybe an update to Microsoft store
    app on the Xbox One system has broken being able to rate and Review Physical copy's of these games, since the problem seems to be with more than just my new Far Cry 5 game, since it seems to be effecting a few new and old Physical games now. Fallout 4 game
    also has Rating and Reviews disabled too now it seems for my physical copy of that game too.

6. Robert RedXBox Win User

The store will say you don't own it because you didn't buy it digitally from the Xbox store.
    but that doesn't explain why I can't rate my brand new game on its far cry 5 page you used to be able to rate new games that you got, its not allowing me to post it under Rating and Reviews section for this game or post of a review , since I do own the physical
    version of this game that I just got from GameStop the other day.

it reads "You are unable to rate or review as you do not own this product." and also says Below product is installed. You can Play this game for now or buy it to own.

Again I do own it as the Physical Disc version of this game, I don't understand why I can't rate my Physical copy of this game, I don't have this problem with my other Physical Xbox games online, just this one copy of far cry 5 disc that I got this week from
    my local GameStop's store is having this problem.
Thema:

New Microsoft Store - "You Must Own this Product to rate and Preview" Bug - UPDATE

1. New Microsoft Store - "You Must Own this Product to rate and Preview" Bug - UPDATE - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Must

2. Microsoft Store is not Opening on my laptop?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Store is not Opening on my laptop?: I tried every steps to reset Microsoft store. But still it is not opening. Also my wsreset.exe command not working. 63e5f5cd-3771-41dd-9a66-02f88df69084
  3. xbox app & microsoft store greyed out

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app & microsoft store greyed out: xbox app & microsoft store greyed out, tried everything true cmd, powershell & win repair a93c398d-29d8-4a82-a8a8-61812bc600ab
  4. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  5. Microsoft store downloads are all stuck on installing or pending

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store downloads are all stuck on installing or pending: Hi, Lately I haven't been able to access the xbox app on my PC, because everytime I try opening it says it's updating then the update fails, I press "Try again", and the update stays stuck at 0%...
  6. Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app: I recently bought "Microsoft Flight Simulator" on Amazon, with an activation key on the Microsoft Store, but cannot seem to get it to run. System details Windows 11, Version 23H2 (OS Build...
  7. Microsoft store download / install issue, need some help

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store download / install issue, need some help: Hello microsoft community! I need some help, just what the title says. I want to install minecraft or minecraft launcher on windows 10/11 pc. I already have a minecraft account. However the...
  8. Settings and Microsoft Store not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Settings and Microsoft Store not working: Hello, I've been having performance issues and game crashes on my Xbox One S recently, so I tried to check my settings for an update. When I tried to open settings, I got error code 0x807e1000a,...
  9. Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10: Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10 a3f69b53-9062-45ee-8366-4f28d149c019
  10. Windows Xbox App: Your Microsoft Store account must match your Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Windows Xbox App: Your Microsoft Store account must match your Xbox account: My Windows Xbox app is stating "Your Microsoft Store account must match your Xbox account". It is not letting me play cloud games because of this. I am also unable to stream from my Series X...