New Message Notification Feature Suggestion.

Discus and support New Message Notification Feature Suggestion. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Favorited friends messages come through in preview or possibly in full instead of a default xbox notification, double tap xbox guide button or hold to... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Bishweeb, May 22, 2024.

1. /u/Bishweeb
    /u/Bishweeb Guest

Favorited friends messages come through in preview or possibly in full instead of a default xbox notification, double tap xbox guide button or hold to quick respond instead of opening the message traditionally (whichever method works better) you can also choose where you would like these message notifications to appear.

Also a setting to change the keyboard size or transparency would be a game changer for anyone using Keyboards or Chat-Pads, and would work great with the new preview system; potentially eliminating the need for there to be a Visual Keyboard to be on the screen at all ( at the users preference )

On a personal note:

I hate having to take up so much of my screen whilst gaming to either read or reply to a message. I'd love this system to be implemented so we don't have to go through sub menus and essentially take ourselves out of the game to be able to read or reply to messages.

Cheers.

submitted by /u/Bishweeb
    [link] [comments]

/u/Bishweeb, May 22, 2024
  2. Wilfred Mac Win User

XBOX on Windows 10 Notifications?

Hi,

We would like to know if you are referring to the notification settings on the Xbox app. These are the settings that you can change on the Xbox app notifications. You can do this by going to Xbox app>Settings>Notifications.

Notifications - The following items can be adjusted:

• Favorite online (notifies you when favorite friends are online).
    • Twitch broadcast started (notifies you when favorite friends start broadcasting).
    • Message (notifies you when you get a new message).

If you are referring to the notification of the Xbox Live from the control center is currently not available. We recommend that you submit or send this as a suggestion feature for the Xbox app. You may submit this request to our Xbox Feedback Hub. To do
    this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.
  3. John Dowding Win User

New update starting to roll out.

Like those new features, all good stuff, great news that notifications can be filtered!
  4. Jaymo1978 Win User

Xbox One Controller & Stereo Headset Adapter Update

You're right on that, by all appearances, there isn't any "notification" that the system update has occurred, other than, on the bottom right (in the column of three featured videos/links to the right of the home screen) you'll see a little video talking
    about "New features and upgrades," or something to that effect.

I think this is a side-effect of the new "silent update" feature, which allows the Xbox to update and fully install the update while the system is on standby - no notifications, no progress bars, etc. I'm wondering if, since the apps/games have a little
    star in the top right corner to reflect if they've been recently installed (or at least have an update waiting) if maybe they'll come up with a little notification (even just an Xbox Live message) letting you know an update has been applied...?
  5. R3ckl3ss Win User

Feature suggestion

This really needs fixing asap. Just because I live in Holland, I would have to set the language to Dutch, therefore disabling Kinnect voice commands which I use regularly.
  6. NxtDoc1851 Win User

Feature suggestion

Thema:

1. New Message Notification Feature Suggestion. - Similar Threads - Message Notification Feature

2. When I go to my messages it says “ we can’t get all of your messages right now. Check back...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I go to my messages it says “ we can’t get all of your messages right now. Check back...: My chats will not pull up or show me any chats from the past d78b6435-e963-4b35-a5e7-d54dcf10ead7
  3. I can't log in to Klondike Adventures. The error message tells me that I need to log in to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't log in to Klondike Adventures. The error message tells me that I need to log in to...: I have deleted cache & restarted the device (a kindle fire 10) 19c480df-745f-46c2-97cb-189f740be370
  4. I got A weird message from some random on Xbox any ideas on why? lol

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got A weird message from some random on Xbox any ideas on why? lol: Hey, sorry to bother you. I have an extra $15 Xbox code that I don't need if you want it. I can send it to you if you download the app temu create an account, and then in the search bar in the app...
  5. I cant delete xbox messages!!!!!!!!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cant delete xbox messages!!!!!!!!: I used to be able to delete msgs but now i cant. Thats very odd c73d033a-e031-46cf-b3c1-8d6d60e32dc8
  6. When I try to send a message using text in voice. A red error triangle appears. wondering...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I try to send a message using text in voice. A red error triangle appears. wondering...: [img] When I try to use voice to message text, it says error and an error triangle shows up d4d8113e-048e-4672-8491-f2562cd7ffc4
  7. Video captures not saving to onedrive. no error message

in XBoX on Windows
    Video captures not saving to onedrive. no error message: I haven't screen recorded since March, today when I screen recorded using my Xbox S, it saved the video, but has not uploaded it to my linked one drive account. I have initiated the save in...
  8. My xbox series s keep popping a message up "your local cache is full"

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series s keep popping a message up "your local cache is full": My xbox series s keep popping up message on the screen during playing "your local cache is full.... 0ddb1511-a4cb-415a-bcee-d17f0afe2a3b
  9. How do I increase my xbox message limit

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I increase my xbox message limit: How do I increase my xbox message limit Ive never had a issue with it before but now I cant message friends at all, I have no Parental controls it just says "Messages cant be sent" This is the...
  10. Whenever I get a Xbox Game Bar Message Notification it doesn't let me use Game Bar Keybind...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Whenever I get a Xbox Game Bar Message Notification it doesn't let me use Game Bar Keybind...: So about 4 months ago I decided to get a new computer and upgrade to Windows 11. it was around March and April where when I would get a Xbox Game Bar Notification I would try to use the Shortcut...