New Home screen distracts from gaming

Discus and support New Home screen distracts from gaming in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Dont see a way to post feedback to Xbox developers so venting here. Xbox, not surprisingly, moves further and further into the Microsoft Windows... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dbwhip, Oct 17, 2017.

1. dbwhip
    dbwhip Guest

Dont see a way to post feedback to Xbox developers so venting here.

Xbox, not surprisingly, moves further and further into the Microsoft Windows business model of invasive marketing. The new home screen is annoying enough that I already regret my pre-purchase of Xbox one X and will recommend to others that they go with
    one of the other platforms in this market.

I dont want to see who is leading in points on my home screen, I want to go to my game. No way to turn it off that I can find

I dont want an ad pushed in my face every time I sign in. It was bad enough when they were on the side bar but apparently that was not "in your face" enough so now the side bar is gone and the ad is right up there with your recently played games. In fact
    two of the four "recent" icons are now ads.

The "X-box this week" video indicated this new interface was completely modifiable to your own preferences. Its not. Its a layer of marketing you have to endure to get to your game. This system is on a path that we already endure on the internet. "Pop
    Ups" are going to start appearing before and during your game with no way to disable. Eventually they will provide a "feature" that for a fee..you can disable the ads. New generation of gamers will accept it because they dont know any better...old timers
    like me are going back to board games.

:)

dbwhip, Oct 17, 2017
  2. The1337gamer
    The1337gamer Guest
    What do you enjoy about Gaming?

Gaming distracts the mind from the misery of real life.

The1337gamer, Oct 17, 2017
  3. Screen tearing proof for the naysayers - direct Game DVR recording from the Xbox One

I get pretty bad tearing on trials fusion at the top of the screen, gets annoying and distracts me from the game.

GaryWinteringham, Oct 17, 2017
  4. lfc96.1978
    lfc96.1978 Guest

Hello, I would recommend you to post this on the feedback and suggestions site.

lfc96.1978, Oct 21, 2017
  5. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Smwutches, Oct 22, 2017
  6. I was able to adjust some of the home widgets by scrolling down a little, then pressing X (or Y... dont remember which but it'll tell you) you can then select what games appear at the top/main section of the homescreen. unfortunately ads are, as you said,
    a way of marketing and without them people would miss out on new features/ games. to declutter i moved the pins all the way to the bottom of the menu.. message me if it doesnt work out and we can figure it out together! (^w^)/ ❤

edit: the button to press is Y, then you can choose to delete or move things from your menu. double checked for ya

puddingcatkenma, Nov 1, 2018
  7. lfc96.1978 Win User

Hello, I would recommend you to post this on the feedback and suggestions site.
  8. puddingcatkenma Win User

I was able to adjust some of the home widgets by scrolling down a little, then pressing X (or Y... dont remember which but it'll tell you) you can then select what games appear at the top/main section of the homescreen. unfortunately ads are, as you said,
    a way of marketing and without them people would miss out on new features/ games. to declutter i moved the pins all the way to the bottom of the menu.. message me if it doesnt work out and we can figure it out together! (^w^)/ ❤

edit: the button to press is Y, then you can choose to delete or move things from your menu. double checked for ya
  9. Smwutches Win User

For feedback, you'll want to post at http://xbox.uservoice.com
  10. {Parity} Win User

Mixer Recommendations

I don't spend enough time on the home screen that I even notice things like that. Sorry you find it distracting.
  11. GaryWinteringham Win User

Screen tearing proof for the naysayers - direct Game DVR recording from the Xbox One

I get pretty bad tearing on trials fusion at the top of the screen, gets annoying and distracts me from the game.
Thema:

1. New Home screen distracts from gaming - Similar Threads - Home screen distracts

2. Xbox One won;t launch games - returns to home screen after 5-10 seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One won;t launch games - returns to home screen after 5-10 seconds: When I try to start a game from the home screen, it launches to the game image, and then after about 5 to 10 seconds, returns to the home screen. I have tried all suggestions I could find online,...
  3. Why does my Xbox X always crash on games and kick me back to the home screen. I've reset it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox X always crash on games and kick me back to the home screen. I've reset it...: Xbox is always crashing and kicking me back to the home screen. I have reset the Xbox but it is still the same. Loading for example Holden eye. Playing for either a second or 5 minutes it will...
  4. Home screen and Full Library in My Games and Apps won't load.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Home screen and Full Library in My Games and Apps won't load.: I'm currently having an issue where my Home screen won't load and when I go to My Games and Apps, the Full Library section won't load. I did have an issue earlier where I couldn't load anything...
  5. Home screen is fine but HDR turns off when I boot up games, and everything gets too bright

in XboX Insiders
    Home screen is fine but HDR turns off when I boot up games, and everything gets too bright: Was playing Marvel Midnight Sun, everything was fine, but the game crashed I booted it up again and now HDR is messed up (yes also on other games). While it technically says that HDR is turned on,...
  6. customization of home screen - xbox has regressed

in XboX Insiders
    customization of home screen - xbox has regressed: please go back to a more costomizable home page . the new home page in the pre alpha preview is promoting waaaaaay too much stuff to me i dont care about. submitted by /u/SubjectHungry9935...
  7. Should my xbox fans be noisy when on home screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should my xbox fans be noisy when on home screen?: Because as soon as I put it on o can hear a quite noisy fan sound 0a9a9458-b418-4e82-ab25-871d0ce5a60f
  8. Wacky screen when pressing home button on controller

in XboX Insiders
    Wacky screen when pressing home button on controller: Occasionally opening a notification while in a cloud game causes the screen to freeze and I can't get back into the game unless I restart it, losing all progress. submitted by /u/GG_BRO_U_SUCK...
  9. Why does my Xbox series X keep sending me to Home Screen middle of matches in modern warfare 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox series X keep sending me to Home Screen middle of matches in modern warfare 2: My Xbox series X keep kicking me from middle of matches and sending back to Home Screen I’ve tried most of the primary trouble shooting ideas “power cycle, console reset ,MAC address ,none have...
  10. I have a older MSFS 2007 edition it doesn’t have marketplace tab on Home Screen. How can I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a older MSFS 2007 edition it doesn’t have marketplace tab on Home Screen. How can I...: My edition of Microsoft flight simulator does not have a tab for marketplace. How can I purchase add-ons or upgrades? bb373c93-1bab-4442-b0b8-1475bb967a8a