New Home screen distracts from gaming

Discus and support New Home screen distracts from gaming in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Dont see a way to post feedback to Xbox developers so venting here. Xbox, not surprisingly, moves further and further into the Microsoft Windows... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dbwhip, Oct 17, 2017.

1. dbwhip
    dbwhip Guest

Dont see a way to post feedback to Xbox developers so venting here.

Xbox, not surprisingly, moves further and further into the Microsoft Windows business model of invasive marketing. The new home screen is annoying enough that I already regret my pre-purchase of Xbox one X and will recommend to others that they go with
    one of the other platforms in this market.

I dont want to see who is leading in points on my home screen, I want to go to my game. No way to turn it off that I can find

I dont want an ad pushed in my face every time I sign in. It was bad enough when they were on the side bar but apparently that was not "in your face" enough so now the side bar is gone and the ad is right up there with your recently played games. In fact
    two of the four "recent" icons are now ads.

The "X-box this week" video indicated this new interface was completely modifiable to your own preferences. Its not. Its a layer of marketing you have to endure to get to your game. This system is on a path that we already endure on the internet. "Pop
    Ups" are going to start appearing before and during your game with no way to disable. Eventually they will provide a "feature" that for a fee..you can disable the ads. New generation of gamers will accept it because they dont know any better...old timers
    like me are going back to board games.

:)

dbwhip, Oct 17, 2017
  2. The1337gamer
    The1337gamer Guest
    What do you enjoy about Gaming?

Gaming distracts the mind from the misery of real life.

The1337gamer, Oct 17, 2017
  3. Screen tearing proof for the naysayers - direct Game DVR recording from the Xbox One

I get pretty bad tearing on trials fusion at the top of the screen, gets annoying and distracts me from the game.

GaryWinteringham, Oct 17, 2017
  4. lfc96.1978
    lfc96.1978 Guest

Hello, I would recommend you to post this on the feedback and suggestions site.

lfc96.1978, Oct 21, 2017
  5. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Smwutches, Oct 22, 2017
  6. I was able to adjust some of the home widgets by scrolling down a little, then pressing X (or Y... dont remember which but it'll tell you) you can then select what games appear at the top/main section of the homescreen. unfortunately ads are, as you said,
    a way of marketing and without them people would miss out on new features/ games. to declutter i moved the pins all the way to the bottom of the menu.. message me if it doesnt work out and we can figure it out together! (^w^)/ ❤

edit: the button to press is Y, then you can choose to delete or move things from your menu. double checked for ya

puddingcatkenma, Nov 1, 2018
  7. lfc96.1978 Win User

Hello, I would recommend you to post this on the feedback and suggestions site.
  8. puddingcatkenma Win User

I was able to adjust some of the home widgets by scrolling down a little, then pressing X (or Y... dont remember which but it'll tell you) you can then select what games appear at the top/main section of the homescreen. unfortunately ads are, as you said,
    a way of marketing and without them people would miss out on new features/ games. to declutter i moved the pins all the way to the bottom of the menu.. message me if it doesnt work out and we can figure it out together! (^w^)/ ❤

edit: the button to press is Y, then you can choose to delete or move things from your menu. double checked for ya
  9. Smwutches Win User

For feedback, you'll want to post at http://xbox.uservoice.com
  10. {Parity} Win User

Mixer Recommendations

I don't spend enough time on the home screen that I even notice things like that. Sorry you find it distracting.
  11. GaryWinteringham Win User

Screen tearing proof for the naysayers - direct Game DVR recording from the Xbox One

I get pretty bad tearing on trials fusion at the top of the screen, gets annoying and distracts me from the game.
Thema:

1. New Home screen distracts from gaming - Similar Threads - Home screen distracts

2. Is there a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen?: Hi, I just wondered if there was a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen? This is mostly just an aesthetics thing for me but also to make things easy to access too. I...
  3. Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024: When it says who's playing today? if its dark outside wouldn't it be better to say who is playing tonight? because if you think about it at night time people might know its today but it sounds...
  4. Xbox X crashing to Home Screen!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X crashing to Home Screen!: So I’ve had my Xbox X for just over a year now, since I tried to play starfield my Xbox started crashing to Home Screen. I gave up trying to play starfield tried all steps in posts I’ve seen even...
  5. Question: Home screen display ...........

in XboX Insiders
    Question: Home screen display ...........: Given I am already a Game Pass Ultimate subcriber (and have been for 3+ years), how exactly, is this useful to me? Your post editor wouldn't allow me to actually attach them(the "Image & Video",...
  6. Custom background for home screen on xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Custom background for home screen on xbox: I thought i would be really cool to have a background system where you could download something from the web. Bc i have seen awesome backgrounds/moving backgrounds that i would love to have on my...
  7. Is it normal that I can use my keyboard to navigate the Xbox Home Screen but when I try to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it normal that I can use my keyboard to navigate the Xbox Home Screen but when I try to...: I want to play games with my keyboard but it doesn’t work in any game but does work in the Home Screen. If you know how to resolve this problem please tell me because I would like to restart...
  8. Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote

in XBoX on Windows
    Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote: I have a Samsung 75” crystal UHD tv. I hooked my Xbox one to the hdmi port 1 and can see that the tv detects the Xbox. When I try to access the Xbox, instead of going to the hdmi1 source, it goes...
  9. A button not working on Home screen/Guide

in XboX Insiders
    A button not working on Home screen/Guide: Just started happening a few days ago, randomly my A button won't do anything, works in apps and in games but won't work on the Home screen or the guide (friends list, party, etc.). On screen when...
  10. Hi everyone my Xbox series x is not responding to the button a when on Home Screen I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi everyone my Xbox series x is not responding to the button a when on Home Screen I have...: Urgent as Xbox not doing anything ca1586cd-ca3e-4e18-ad0d-9372ddc39e9f