New headset sounds like I’m talking through a tin can

Discus and support New headset sounds like I’m talking through a tin can in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I just bought the Astro A30 Wireless headset and my friends say I sound like I’m talking through a tin can. I checked my volume and output settings and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jill_K79, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Jill_K79
    Jill_K79 Guest

I just bought the Astro A30 Wireless headset and my friends say I sound like I’m talking through a tin can. I checked my volume and output settings and my Party Chat Output is my headset. Any way I can fix this?

:)

Jill_K79, Nov 14, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Jill_k79

Additional information is needed, please tell me:
    Is this happening on Xbox or PC?
    If it’s on Xbox, what console do you have?
    If it’s on PC, are you using windows 10 or 11?

In any case, in order to isolate a bit more the problem please tell me:
    Did you tried using a different headset to see if something similar happens?
  3. L0st1nMyM1nd Win User

XBOX ONE BUILD QUALITY

the controllers are sturdy. however the headsets are JUNK. the wire coming out of them is super flimsy, my friends broke the first night he had it so i'm stuck listening to him through the TIN CAN that they call a kinnect. i mean honestly it sounds like
    total crap!!!!
  4. RippenHarra Win User

Headset NOT included with Xbox One console ?

Well you can wear your Headset and get all your game sound through the headset as well as voice chat. Now turn your TV sound to 0. Now if K2 really is as good as they say you can just talk like you would normally through a chat mic and you are now chatting
    like you always have.
  5. Jean-Michel Veilex Win User

Xbox One requires new mics....

I was talking about the mic plug on the pad not how the pad links with the box..... the plug of the official XB1 headset looks like a USB port to me.... but I might be wrong...

you can have voice played through headset even if you use the kinect mic....... and sound will work on any headset using a tosslink for sound.... so your TB headset will be able to have sound at least.....
  6. dbMonK Win User

Tax Return. Which head set should I get. EF XP400/500??

I had several people on my friends list that sound like they are talking through a tin can....they all spent loads of cash on Astros, they all returned them. The best thing about the Astros is the box. Quality components not manufactured great. That's why
    not Astros. However headset is all personal preference I have had tb, trittons, and even the aforementioned. Bang for your buck I'd go trittons last longer than tb in my experience and also fit my head better. The more you are able to try out before purchase
    the better.
Thema:

1. New headset sounds like I’m talking through a tin can - Similar Threads - headset sounds I’m

2. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  3. My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...: My Xbox series s has suddenly started having audio issues , the setting is greyed out and I can’t change the mixer levels 2cf14985-600e-4894-be48-fe82e3316d49
  4. Headset controller sound Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset controller sound Xbox series S: Hello, I am at wits end on this now. For some reason, when I plug our headset into my second controller, I get no sound, this is a Xbox original wireless controller that I bought last week, and...
  5. Wireless headset not working- no sound from his COD game nor can anyone hear him talking??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset not working- no sound from his COD game nor can anyone hear him talking??: My son recently got a wireless headset for Christmas (use to have a wired headset). The first headset we took back to the store because we thought it was the headset. But now that the second...
  6. I have a third party headset using a Microsoft Contrller dongle. My sound keeos cutting in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a third party headset using a Microsoft Contrller dongle. My sound keeos cutting in...: I have a third party headset using a Microsoft Controller dongle. My sound keeps cutting in and out whilst playing destiny 2 via Steam. It is getting progressively worse....
  7. Headset popping sounds when using app's

in XboX Insiders
    Headset popping sounds when using app's: When I play games or just browse on the home menu everything sounds fine, but when I open apps such as spotify or YouTube there's a popping noise any help would be appreciated!! submitted by...
  8. Jbl usb headset shutting my sound off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Jbl usb headset shutting my sound off: I have a jbl usb head set and when i put the usb in all my sound shuts down everything goes including the laptop speakers and says that no audio drivers are installed. i thought it might be the...
  9. Odd stuttering/crackling sound coming from headset caused by controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Odd stuttering/crackling sound coming from headset caused by controller: Often I have a crackling sound coming from the headset and I have concluded it’s coming from the controller because I have plugged in a different headset and that did not solve it. I am unsure...
  10. Xbox discord sound won't work via wireless headset

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox discord sound won't work via wireless headset: Whenever I connect my wireless headset to the console and join any discord party, the sound just won't work, even though, the mic works just fine and all the party members are able to hear me....