New Generations: On the Series S Reveal and Series X Pricing...

Discus and support New Generations: On the Series S Reveal and Series X Pricing... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Just like online only consoles have been a major detriment and annoyance, a disk-less console is entirely bad for the industry. If you want to buy... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Oblithian, Sep 8, 2020.

1. /u/Oblithian
    /u/Oblithian Guest

Just like online only consoles have been a major detriment and annoyance, a disk-less console is entirely bad for the industry. If you want to buy digital copies of games yourself that's fine. However...

1. You cannot, lend digital game copies (or if you can it is entirely subject to the whim and restrictions of the platform).
    2. You cannot resell/trade your download only games, which means it has 100% depreciation immediately (since games are assigned to your account not your console). Which is even worse when you consider it hurts game retailers and people who rely on some of that revenue for their livelihood.
    3. Just like online text books, they are no cheaper without a physical copy, so you are effectively paying extra for it.
    4. You have extremely limited rights and no control over download only games. (You can cross your fingers for your government updating consumer rights regarding digital media, but don't hold your breath.)

If they want to go to a different physical media, I am fine with that, you know, sell flash drives or SD cards. But no physical option? In this case no-disk drive on the Series S is a non-starter, full stop. I would sooner never buy another new console, and I am not spending $700CAD for one with a disk tray.

As an aside, If they want to keep releasing generations, they need to make them backwards compatible with accessories. Even just physical space is an issue, how many controllers do they think a person can store? Not to mention the Xbox One controllers weren't even as good as the 360's (quality wise).

submitted by /u/Oblithian
    [link] [comments]

/u/Oblithian, Sep 8, 2020
  2. Highdraul1cs Win User

Purchase

It looks like you've purchased the Series S|X edition, which is for new generation consoles (Series S and Series X) and wouldn't be compatible with your Xbox One S.
  3. CESARCANTU1 Win User

Xbox serie X

"Series X" and "Series S" are both New Generation consoles.
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox Series S over X?

In your situation, I would go with the Xbox Series S,

The Series S is aimed at 1080p / 1440p gaming,

The Series X is aimed at 4K gaming,

Getting a Series X would mean that your spending an extra £/$200 to not play at 4K,

You could use that £/$200 saved by getting the Series S and a 1Tb SSD expansion card for about the same price as the Series X,

https://youtu.be/VIHny-XP8jM
  5. Shaggy2000 Win User

X box one s graphics are pixelated

"The Xbox series S is a more than capable gaming console with an excellent power to price ratio that targets 1440p and can output upscaled 4k.

As a result you should not be getting significantly noticeable 'pixalation' over the series x."

The original poster bought an Xbox One S, not a Series S and was comparing it to an Xbox One X, not a Series X.
  6. Smwutches Win User

The Medium

Spencer said all generations of games will work on the Series S/X and Microsoft Studio games will be released on Game Pass day 1 for both the One and Series S/X. The Medium is not a Microsoft Studios title so the publishers/developers have decided to release
    it for the Series S/X.
Thema:

1. New Generations: On the Series S Reveal and Series X Pricing... - Similar Threads - Generations Series Reveal

2. Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...: I have owned both a elite one and Elite 2 both of which the glued hand grips have come away one actually injuring me so I was wondering if Microsoft was going to drop their scummy attitude of...
  3. How to switch versions on dual generational games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to switch versions on dual generational games: I own the disc version of EAFC 24 and on the cover it has that you can play on Xbox One and Xbox Series X. All my friends play on the Xbox One version while I’m on the Series X version. When I go...
  4. forza horizon 5 access to user generated content

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 access to user generated content: Hi my name is Guy and in forza horizon 5 i cant access to the eventlab. its say "access to user generated content is restricted" can any 1 help me fix it? 45e6aaa3-ba75-4199-a3ad-8e976df212a4
  5. Anybody having issues when trying to play generation zero?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anybody having issues when trying to play generation zero?: When i launch Generation Zero it asks me to sign in into xbox live, which i click. however it comes up with a error saying we can't sign into xbox live, i have tried uninstalling the game, the...
  6. Sonic generations series x text glitched.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sonic generations series x text glitched.: Sonic generations in series x, stage names are showing glitched characters. Already rebooted, cleared chache, resinstalled game, started a new save file but the glitch still present....
  7. Sonic generations in series x glitched stage names.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sonic generations in series x glitched stage names.: Sonic generations in series x, stage names are showing glitched characters. Already rebooted, cleared chache, resinstalled game, started a new save file but the glitch still present. This happens...
  8. Sonic Generations on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sonic Generations on Xbox Series X?: I recently got an Xbox Series X and installed the backwards compatible Sonic Generations. After playing for a few minutes i noticed that it showed some wrong graphics while starting a level. When...
  9. First generation Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from 5g WiFi. The WiFi doesn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    First generation Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from 5g WiFi. The WiFi doesn't...: I pre-ordered the Series X at launch and it disconnects randomly when I'm using it. I'm not 100% sure what it is. I keep it in low power mode and I would be using it for various games....
  10. Xbox Series S - generating heat in sleep mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S - generating heat in sleep mode: Hi all! I’m sorry in advance for any dumb questions I’ve been posting - I’m new to this generation of Xbox as my last console was the 360. Sometimes, when I am not using my console for a while,...