New Gamertag System-Having problems changing GT

Discus and support New Gamertag System-Having problems changing GT in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [IMG] So im aware of the new gamertag system. My current gamertag is: Mantum2003 (from the old system so not #2003) I want to change it to:... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Mantum03, Jan 24, 2020.

1. /u/Mantum03
    /u/Mantum03 Guest

New Gamertag System-Having problems changing GT [​IMG]

So im aware of the new gamertag system.

My current gamertag is: Mantum2003 (from the old system so not #2003)

I want to change it to: Mantumッ or Mantumッ YT but it buts #numbers in front of it AND it says for games that dont support the new system, it will show the old gamertag (Mantum2003).

social.xbox.com/changegamertag

And i looked up if anyone had already used my gt:

Xbox Console Companion

I have a theory that its something to do with the katakana 'ッ' in my new gt.

I havent changed it, so i still have my free change.

I really want to change my gamertag to: Mantumッ or MantumッYT

Any idea why it automatically puts # numbers when no one has claimed the gt yet?

submitted by /u/Mantum03
    [link] [comments]

/u/Mantum03, Jan 24, 2020
  2. [EX] Win User

How many gamertag changes can I make?

Users are only given 1 free gamertag change on account creation. All changes after that the user must pay.

How to change your Xbox gamertag | Xbox Support
    Sorry but my explanation was right and the link doesn't tell anything else.

If you create a new profile you are given a Gt from the system. If you use this Gt for a while you have 2 Gt changes left !

This is so since the new Gt system with the suffixes started.

PS: You could create a new profile and check if I'm right or not.
  3. MateusFontana Win User

Gamertag Not Allowed - Kids Show

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First I'm sorry you're having this problem.

Answering your question, this problem is happening, as there cannot be identical Gamertags, but the new system allows, due to the ID that is added to the name, such as SpongeBob#6085

If you are on Xbox one to change your Gamertag, follow the instructions below.

Press the Xbox button on your controller and select System > Settings > Personalization > My profile > Personalize profile.

Select your Gamertag, select it again to enter a new Gamertag, or select one from the suggested list.

*You can check this procedure on the official Microsoft website.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/chang...

To change your Gamertag from your computer, just access the link below, and choose the name of your choice.

https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag
  4. Allebas Win User

Gamertag Change

Hi iCrystalKai,

With the new system you can have that gamertag>>>you will just have number added to if that gamertag is tag. For example, it might be CrysralEdits32094. Also note you can play around with that name by using a 3 instead of a E and a 1 in place of the i.
    Like this CRYSTAL3D1TS.

You can get a free gamertag change, irregardless, the number of times you change your gamertag in the past. Here's more about the new change policy https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/gamertag-updates-faq After
    the one time free change there will be a $10 fee to change your gamertag. Here's the link to change it.https://social.xbox.com/en-us/changegamertag
  5. Daniel Quiñonez Win User

[Gamertag] Are the numbers after the # sign supposed to be hidden in-game? Why can't I go back to my old gamertag?

Im having the exact same issue, the problem is that looking around I saw that after the first gamer tag change it was no longer free and you have to pay for a new gamertag change, wouldnt this be like:

Change my name to something else>hope no one takes my original name>pay for a new gamertag change for a name> go back to the name I already had but without those annoying numbers?

and wouldnt the people who already changed it bc they thought the numbers wouldnt show pay the gamertag change twice? 🤔
  6. NeoDan123 Win User

Been an Xbox member for about 5 years

Harrassing other users on the forums is against the Terms of Use.

Xbox will be giving everyone one more free gamertag change in the near future when they implement the new system.

The reason they have the price placed on 2nd gamertag changes is to prevent abuse of the changing of GT. As you get some gamers that will change a GT and then harrass and troll other gamers in game and then quickly change their name again to make it hard
    for gamers to find them again. It also prevents duplication of GT.
Thema:

1. New Gamertag System-Having problems changing GT - Similar Threads - Gamertag System Having

2. Why do so few games support the modern gamertag system?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do so few games support the modern gamertag system?: I changed my gamertag to something that was already taken, and I was under the impression that in games from before the change my gamertag would appear like "name1234" but going forward it would...
  3. Hi. My sons had to do a system reset on his Xbox. He knows his gamertag but cannot remember...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi. My sons had to do a system reset on his Xbox. He knows his gamertag but cannot remember...: Hi. My sons had to do a system reset on his Xbox. He knows his gamertag but cannot remember his email. Can you help? Gamertag is XdLeonF1690 c3b3e049-43f0-40a2-ac16-f949eeccea39
  4. Regarding The Xbox gamertag changing system

in XBoX Accessibility
    Regarding The Xbox gamertag changing system: I changed my gamertag with a random name 3 years ago thinking that i can change it again because generally any app or website that has a username based system then you can most probably change...
  5. xbox gamertag system sucks

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox gamertag system sucks: I just tried to change my gamertag and ended up only changing the classic version of it. And when I went to support I either got a stupid bot or a Xbox gamer that couldn’t do a thing about it. I...
  6. Will the Gamertag system ever support the Cherokee language syllabary (ᏣᎳᎩ ᎦᏬᏂᎯᏍᏗ)?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will the Gamertag system ever support the Cherokee language syllabary (ᏣᎳᎩ ᎦᏬᏂᎯᏍᏗ)?: It's been supported by the Unicode Standard since 1999. bec4078e-89c0-4f44-a17b-6df2a6883721
  7. Gamertag not allowed, Support said it's OK from System

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag not allowed, Support said it's OK from System: Hello, I try to make it short: I want to use my old Gamertag from my 5, 6 years inactive Account. No bans, warnings etc. but it says it is not allowed for whatever reason. The Gamertag I want to...
  8. Is there a list of all games that support the 'new' gamertag system?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a list of all games that support the 'new' gamertag system?: Does anybody know all the games or has a list wich won't show my number when creating a new tag? submitted by /u/Responsible-Pen-7939 [link] [comments]
  9. New Gamertag System using Unicode

in XBoX Accessibility
    New Gamertag System using Unicode: I want to change my gamertag using unicode characters for some creativity and variety. My desired tag is too long, but with unicode, I can combine characters to shorten it up and still show what I...
  10. Does fortnite support the new gamertag system

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does fortnite support the new gamertag system: I was wondering if fortnite supported the new gamertag system because I changed my gamertag and it hasn’t updated it yet. fb14320a-f28d-42cb-99e3-0045b981dd17