New Gamertag not displaying correctly

Discus and support New Gamertag not displaying correctly in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So as the title indicates, my gamertag is not displaying the right way. Just a few days ago I got Halo Infinite installed and such, then realized my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by EchoV3, Nov 23, 2021.

1. EchoV3
    EchoV3 Guest

So as the title indicates, my gamertag is not displaying the right way. Just a few days ago I got Halo Infinite installed and such, then realized my Gamertag from the past was really bad. So I opted to change it to match my other tags across the variety of gaming platforms, namely changing it to . That is all I put in. Then at the end it showed #2279. From what I was understanding, older games would display that extra number at the end, but most currently and forward would just show the .

This hasn't been the case with Halo Infinite, and its getting on my nerves. I see plenty of others with tags that have spaces, and such with a number at the end without the extra 4 digits. My tag though keeps displaying as 2279. Which is irksome as hell. Is there a way ot fix this or am I just out of luck?

:)

EchoV3, Nov 23, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

9.99 usd

And no it wouldn't display as echov3 common use common sense with such basic naming how can't you expect it NOT tio be taken

You only get a hashtag or it looks to you like echov3
  3. EchoV3 Win User

Dang. Is changing it a second time free? Or how much per change?
  4. Smwutches Win User

The only way would be to change your tag to another tag that no one else is using so you don't get the suffix.
  5. Miss Portia Win User

Language and Gamertag problem

Hey OP - does your Gamertag show correctly on your console, or is it displayed incorrectly everywhere?
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

How to take off classic gamertag

The double gamertag is by design, as they transition over to the new gamertag system. Not all games will display the new gamertag system and as stated, your old gamertag will be displayed on 360 backwards compatible games. Any gamertag you create yourself,
    is a custom gamertag.
Thema:

1. New Gamertag not displaying correctly - Similar Threads - Gamertag displaying correctly

2. Cyrillic gamertag shows up in latin when displayed in games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cyrillic gamertag shows up in latin when displayed in games: Hello, I recently changed my gamertag in ciryllic characters, ГОЦУЛ МИКОЛА shows up in latin as rOUyA MNKOAA, I wasn't aware of that. 51573011-b599-499d-aed3-a8fd007cfef0
  3. I changed my gamertag, but on the app it still displays both the old and current gamertag....

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag, but on the app it still displays both the old and current gamertag....: My old gamertag shows but then below it is my new, changed one. I only want the current one to show. 32c59678-ab98-4076-87e4-66e041ea13ed
  4. You want to play fortnite with your epic games display name instead of xbox gamertag?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You want to play fortnite with your epic games display name instead of xbox gamertag?: When we play Fortnite or any games in our Xbox console. The gamertag will show is the Xbox gamertag since Gamertag serves as the player’s “identification” when logging in to Xbox Live. As of the...
  5. How can I only change my display name/classic gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I only change my display name/classic gamertag: For my normal gamer tag for Xbox there’s a suffix of numbers at the end of my name(even though I’m the only one with that name) but it added those numbers to my Minecraft username too. I don’t...
  6. Give us the option to display which gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Give us the option to display which gamertag: My xbox account has two gamertags tied to the account one with numbers and one without. The gamertag with numbers I've had for years but for some reason the xbox defaults to the one with numbers....
  7. New Xbox gamertag doesn't display.

in XBoX Accessibility
    New Xbox gamertag doesn't display.: Hi, it's been about 2 weeks since I've changed my username on Xbox, but it hasn't changed yet. The purchase appears in my order history, and I've removed and added my account back to my Xbox but...
  8. New GamerTag Won't Display Ingame

in XBoX Accessibility
    New GamerTag Won't Display Ingame: I changed my gamertag about 4 months ago maybe? After picking up a couple of games on the microsoft store (PC), my previous one was from when I was 8 and had an xbox 360. The issue I'm having is...
  9. Gamertag/Display name/Account name

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag/Display name/Account name: Hi all, I've noticed a problem lately with my account. My display name in-game does not seem to match my gamertag/account name. My gamertag on Xbox is , but when I play in-game, I'm displayed as...
  10. Xbox gamertag and Fortnite display name

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamertag and Fortnite display name: So I listened to loads of faqs already and so I changed my gamertag on my Xbox recently. However when I loaded up Fortnite my display name still appeared as my previous gamertag. From what I had...