New Dashboard showing "online" to friends setting is very confusing!!

Discus and support New Dashboard showing "online" to friends setting is very confusing!! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been showing offline to my friends for the last month and even the Xbox tech couldn't figure out why. Tonight J.B. A tech from this forum had... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Skip1227, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Skip1227
    Skip1227 Guest

I have been showing offline to my friends for the last month and even the Xbox tech couldn't figure out why. Tonight J.B. A tech from this forum had me look at my profile and under my gamer tag it said that I was offline, in the box on the right hand side
    it said "appear online" which is opposite of the way I understood it to be. When I clicked on it it put me online and switched (in the box on the right) to appear offline. If XBOX would just add "Now" to the end it would make a heck of a lot more sense. It
    should read "Appear Online Now" or "Appear Offlne Now". Please fix this Xbox.

:)

Skip1227, Jan 6, 2016
  2. Friend Sign in Notifications Not Working

So I got the newest update for the Xbox One and I set my "Sign-in & broadcasts" setting to "All friends" but I get no notification when my friends come online at all. I don't know if this is just happening to me or what.

TheSantaclawz, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    Anyone else got the new xbox.com green bar?

[quote user="iXanon"]

Anyone else's menu showing 0 friends online even when they actually have friends online?

[/quote]

I didn't notice it until you mentioned it but yep, 0 friends lol

Lofty Who, Jan 6, 2016
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

Yes it can definitely be confusing. You just have to think of it as a toggle. Clicking on it makes the status what is currently appearing on the button.

{Parity}, Jan 6, 2016
  5. {Parity} Win User

Yes it can definitely be confusing. You just have to think of it as a toggle. Clicking on it makes the status what is currently appearing on the button.
  6. {Parity} Win User

Xbox Says I'm Offline When I am Not

When you look at your setting does it say "Show Offline" or "Show Online" If it says "Show Online" then you are appearing Offline to your friends. It is a simple toggle. When you look at it it is showing your friends the opposite of what it is showing
    you. So you if want to appear Online to your friend you will want the switch to say "Appear Offline". This may not be the issue but it has confused a number of gamers in the past. Let us know. Good Luck!
  7. DaftCamboJoe Win User

World of tanks on XBOX1 today

Tried cross platform play on WOT I'm on the x box one,son on his 360,when in the platoon section it didn't even show him as being online,even though his settings are 'appear online',sent him a game invite through the x box friends section andhe doesn't receive
    it,same the other way round,very confusing and annoying
  8. CHAD TPRUITT Win User

New and very confused

Believe me...9 years on Live and it is not simple. There are some settings built into the system that you simply cannot get around: one that has been in place for years is that no child account (under 18) will be allowed to download Rated M stuff... regardless
    of how the parent account tries to allow him to. Good luck...
  9. Smwutches Win User

New and very confused

You may want to check this thread for some tips on his account -
    forums.xbox.com/.../37465.aspx

As far as the purchases, it may be part of the online safety settings that are mentioned in that post.
Thema:

1. New Dashboard showing "online" to friends setting is very confusing!! - Similar Threads - Dashboard showing online

2. How does Xbox dashboard doesn’t let you show that it actually a windows system

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does Xbox dashboard doesn’t let you show that it actually a windows system: I know that xbox its just a modifided windows pc but how is not letting you out of the modifided komi app or something because i tried and I can exit it but why I can’t on Xbox...
  3. Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...: On a Xbox Series S which I purchased a year ago, when I try to start Minecraft it shows the red game splash screen but right after that the light blink twice and then it closes the game and it...
  4. My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load: I have had my xbox one for a while it was loading a couple of days ago. However the next time I tried to boot it up it loaded to the dashboard but showing no games or apps just the top icons and...
  5. I have NBA 2k24 mamba edition but it’s showing the standard edition on my Xbox dashboard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have NBA 2k24 mamba edition but it’s showing the standard edition on my Xbox dashboard: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** cf606d32-3c79-40d3-9c37-91b1ab53343f
  6. Can someone in Alpha Skip Ahead make a video or show some images of the new dashboard?

in XboX Insiders
    Can someone in Alpha Skip Ahead make a video or show some images of the new dashboard?: Curious to see what it's like submitted by /u/Bennylegend [link] [comments]
  7. Can the Achievement Leaderboard be turned off so it doesn't show in the Dashboard?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the Achievement Leaderboard be turned off so it doesn't show in the Dashboard?: Question in the subject. Got a feeling answer is a 'No', but if so, that should be a customizable option. 9ede1331-d32a-4abd-aa3d-d0bf7c2314e5
  8. Games with Gold GTAIV downloads but doesn't show on Xbox360 4GB Wifi dashboard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games with Gold GTAIV downloads but doesn't show on Xbox360 4GB Wifi dashboard: I have never had trouble buying in the online store and downloading but last week took advantage of the deal on GTAIV and downloaded all three (main game and 2 expansions). None of them show in...
  9. Show the Xbox Live Status in Dashboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Show the Xbox Live Status in Dashboard: Show the Xbox Live Status in Dashboard. Yesterday my copy of Forza 7 crash everytime i try to open it. Only after try it several times, i open the Xbox Live Service Status homepage and i saw the...
  10. Xbox preview dashboard show “this app is for xbox preview program members only” issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox preview dashboard show “this app is for xbox preview program members only” issue.: I'm a preview program member, but today when I open the preview dashboard, it told me that the app is for preview program member only. So is there any solution for this issue? because currently...