New dashboard is killing me

Discus and support New dashboard is killing me in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This new dashboard is so wonky. The friends list takes an Xtra click to get to... And the whole beginning menu of friends list is worthless. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SizzlingHorse9, Oct 20, 2017.

1. New dashboard is killing me

This new dashboard is so wonky.

The friends list takes an Xtra click to get to... And the whole beginning menu of friends list is worthless.

The navigation seems sloppy.

And as a whole it's more graphic, but feels like the efficiency is lacking as the last side bar was more barebones, and less pointless filler.

Can a new option be added to revert back?

Because I truly hate this UI. And I can tell I'll never like it.

:)

SizzlingHorse9, Oct 20, 2017
  2. is xbox having the same problem again? comment if your having same problems(Read Description)

Who knows but I can bet my bottom dollar that this is because they are so focused on that stupid new dashboard that will add nothing but crappy internet explorer to it and it is killing it for the dashboard at the moment.

Wardog Leader, Oct 20, 2017
  3. BrisbaniteAU
    BrisbaniteAU Guest
    The anticipation is killing me!

I'm seriously hanging out for this. I have been playing ESO since PC beta and love it. I'm so looking forward to playing it on Xbox.

BrisbaniteAU, Oct 20, 2017
  4. New dashboard is killing me

Let's say they continue and extend how you can customize - would that not be better than revert stuff?

It might be something you like better - but there are so different needs depending on how much of your daily life is Xbox and community.

There are a couple of modules now

a) main for last played game

b) the four last played stuff, I supposed it is to be(never worked though)

c) Add to home section

c) pinned stuff

d) Add more section

Let's say you allow to put anything from Guide into various sections - and Add to home can hold that for you - wouldn't that be swell?

And let us customize Add to home section itself - and what each square is to hold, like statistics, achievements, public gameclips, own gameclips and whatever.

If there is a Friends module added to Add to home - and let you design which parts about friends is to be there. I never used it so don't know what is there.

Last update is such a massive improvement when it comes to some things taking so much less space - not using 80% with last played.

I find this major improvement.

I looked at a good bunch youtube video reviews while this UI was in preview program - and they were all exited as I recall.

I saw nobody do the bashing that occur here on forum.

So be creative and use uservoice to vote for changes suggested there and do suggest your own solution.

There are a lot of duplication of buttons and sticks to navigate - they could use this to directly get to certain parts etc.

You want to get to Friends easily - suggest that a button on controller is used for that while on home screen!!!!

Let us customize every button on controller inclusive pushing sticks - to get to any other part - wouldn't that be lovely or what?

So what MS started now - massive increase is customization - and I love it.

To me it's so much cleaner looking and less clutter all over - everything is top/left and down - not from all over on right side as well.

BookishFlunky90, Oct 20, 2017
  5. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Let's say they continue and extend how you can customize - would that not be better than revert stuff?

It might be something you like better - but there are so different needs depending on how much of your daily life is Xbox and community.

There are a couple of modules now

a) main for last played game

b) the four last played stuff, I supposed it is to be(never worked though)

c) Add to home section

c) pinned stuff

d) Add more section

Let's say you allow to put anything from Guide into various sections - and Add to home can hold that for you - wouldn't that be swell?

And let us customize Add to home section itself - and what each square is to hold, like statistics, achievements, public gameclips, own gameclips and whatever.

If there is a Friends module added to Add to home - and let you design which parts about friends is to be there. I never used it so don't know what is there.

Last update is such a massive improvement when it comes to some things taking so much less space - not using 80% with last played.

I find this major improvement.

I looked at a good bunch youtube video reviews while this UI was in preview program - and they were all exited as I recall.

I saw nobody do the bashing that occur here on forum.

So be creative and use uservoice to vote for changes suggested there and do suggest your own solution.

There are a lot of duplication of buttons and sticks to navigate - they could use this to directly get to certain parts etc.

You want to get to Friends easily - suggest that a button on controller is used for that while on home screen!!!!

Let us customize every button on controller inclusive pushing sticks - to get to any other part - wouldn't that be lovely or what?

So what MS started now - massive increase is customization - and I love it.

To me it's so much cleaner looking and less clutter all over - everything is top/left and down - not from all over on right side as well.
  6. Wardog Leader Win User

is xbox having the same problem again? comment if your having same problems(Read Description)

Who knows but I can bet my bottom dollar that this is because they are so focused on that stupid new dashboard that will add nothing but crappy internet explorer to it and it is killing it for the dashboard at the moment.
  7. US Revenge Win User

News that killed me just a little.

MS probably just didn't want someone else to make it, but who knows maybe MS will give us a game that isn't halo, gears or a kinect game.
  8. PICK 34 Win User

@ death vader

Yes you do. People renew trademarks and patents all the time and never use them. It's an ownership thing, in case one day they need/want to make something of them.
  9. Death Vader Win User

[quote user="PICK 34"]

Microsoft has already said no to killer instinct 3. Rare themselves have said as much. It ain't happening anytime soon,

[/quote]

Xbox Arcade port anyone? You don't renew a trademark unless you plan to do something with the name.
Thema:

1. New dashboard is killing me - Similar Threads - dashboard killing

2. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  3. Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...: On a Xbox Series S which I purchased a year ago, when I try to start Minecraft it shows the red game splash screen but right after that the light blink twice and then it closes the game and it...
  4. Xbox 360 HDD preservation (Blades Dashboard)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 HDD preservation (Blades Dashboard): Hello, I have just received an old Xbox 360 with the original blades dashboard. The console is running a 20GB HDD, but it is showing its age. I’m looking to upgrade the drive but at the same time...
  5. Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?: Whenever I’m on a game such as Warzone and press the middle button, when I then come out of the Xbox menu, it goes black for about 3-4 seconds. It’s seriously annoying and I feel like I’ve tried...
  6. Microsoft Edge on xbox one console crashes and brings me back to the dashboard every time I...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Edge on xbox one console crashes and brings me back to the dashboard every time I...: I was able to use the microphone on Microsoft edge on xbox one console from 2013 when the first xbox one console came out now on January 30th, I am unable to use the microphone on Microsoft Edge...
  7. Xbox Series X has no audio in game, but has audio on dashboard.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X has no audio in game, but has audio on dashboard.: After reading some other questions this seems to have been an issue back in 2022 and has yet been resolved. Has anyone had any luck with combating this issue? Games will have audio, till I exit...
  8. Xbox 360 Dashboard Downgrade Idea For Nostalgia Purposes

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 Dashboard Downgrade Idea For Nostalgia Purposes: So I have an Idea where Microsoft could make it where we could go back & visit the older Xbox 360 dashboards like the Blades/NXE/Kinect Dashboard for nostalgia purposes they should try to make an...
  9. Xbox 360 dashboard errors when trying to play call of duty on Xbox series X/S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 dashboard errors when trying to play call of duty on Xbox series X/S: This is an issue Microsoft needs to fix. Here is a link to a forum that describes the problem in more detail. Very frustrating…...
  10. My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load: I have had my xbox one for a while it was loading a couple of days ago. However the next time I tried to boot it up it loaded to the dashboard but showing no games or apps just the top icons and...