New controller vibrates twice during initial pairing and powers off

Discus and support New controller vibrates twice during initial pairing and powers off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; New Xbox series x controller; using with xbox one s console. Got one new controller to pair with no issues. Second controller…press pair button on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Peter Scott3, Dec 27, 2022.

1. Peter Scott3
    Peter Scott3 Guest

New Xbox series x controller; using with xbox one s console. Got one new controller to pair with no issues.

Second controller…press pair button on console and pair button on controller…it searches, then vibrates twice and shuts off. I’ve tried new batteries, different rechargeable batteries, cycled the console off. I plugged the controller in via usb and had no problems, was able to update firmware at that time as well.

Additionally, I was able to connect the controller in question to an iPhone via Bluetooth, so that doesn’t seem to be the issue.

Any thoughts?

:)

Peter Scott3, Dec 27, 2022
  2. ReynaldoB Win User

Hi Peter Scott3,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community Forum. I hope you're doing well.

Based on your description, it seems to be that you have a problem with your controller that vibrates twice when paired and powers off. This is more likely an issue with the hardware/controller.

I would like to set your proper expectation first that we only have limited resources with hardware issues. To further assist you with this, I would recommend that you contact back the store where you purchase the controller and let them check the controller if it is working fine. It's best to work with them since they have the right tools with the hardware issues.

Sincerely

Microsoft Community Forum Moderator
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One

Hi Dead_Neptune, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

You tried all the recommended troubleshooting options.

What you can do next is attempt a reset on the controller while having your computer turned off and having power cicled your console.

First, while having your console turned off, remove it from the power outlet, wait 10-30 seconds, and then connect it again and power it on.

Meanwhile, turn off your computer.

Then, reset the controller again and try to pair it now.

Press and hold the pair button on top of the controller for a few seconds until it vibrates twice.

Then, pair it again.

Turn on your controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button.

Press and release the Pair button on the Xbox.

Within 20 seconds, press and hold the controller’s Pair button a circular button on top of the controller as you hold it in your hands) until the controller's Xbox button flashes a few times.

That means it's searching for a console.

The Xbox button stays lit once it's connected.

Hopefully, this will work.
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10)

Hi Jakob334, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, reset your controller pairing.

To unpair it, press and hold the pair button on top of the controller for a few seconds until it vibrates twice.

Then, pair it again.
  5. Govind.S1994 Win User

Xbox one controller not working after firmware update

The controller works fine when i plug it viz. USB. But once unplugged it refuses to even stay powered on. It blinks twice and turns off. I even tried using a new pair of batteries but it still refuses to be turned on.
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

My Xbox Series controller I got as a replacement about 4-5 months ago not syncing to Xbox One

To unpair it, press and hold the pair button on top of the controller for a few seconds until it vibrates twice.

Then, pair it again.

Turn on your controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button.

Press and release the Pair button on the Xbox.

Within 20 seconds, press and hold the controller’s Pair button (a circular button on top of the controller as you hold it in your hands) until the controller's Xbox button flashes a few times.

That means it's searching for a console.

The Xbox button stays lit once it's connected
Thema:

1. New controller vibrates twice during initial pairing and powers off - Similar Threads - controller vibrates twice

2. Controller not vibrating via wire

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not vibrating via wire: My bluetooth device on my PC is broken so I chose to connect the controller via wire. However neither of my Xbox Elite nor Xbox Wireless are able to vibrate with the wire. I checked Xbox...
  3. Is this ringing sound normal when xbox controller rumbles/vibrates?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is this ringing sound normal when xbox controller rumbles/vibrates?: Just got a new controller and it’s making a ringing sound when it vibrates. Is this normal? My old Xbox one controller didn’t have this sound when vibrating . Do all new controller have this...
  4. My Xbox Series controller keep disconnecting when vibrates

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox Series controller keep disconnecting when vibrates: i'm a Alpha-skip-ahead member about 3 days ago, my Xbox Series S has turn on alone on middle of the night and after this my controller start to desync every time he receive's a vibration signal,...
  5. Xbox X controllers vibration is too weak while playing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X controllers vibration is too weak while playing: Hello, I got an issue around my xbox X regular controllers, both. it was working fine until i realized the vibration does not work fine, it is super low and weak. I did nothing to controllers, no...
  6. When I turn on my xbox one s controller it blinks twice then it syncs then it vibrates...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn on my xbox one s controller it blinks twice then it syncs then it vibrates...: It turns on then blinks twice, syncs then vibrates twice then turns off a8b9728b-e6f1-4e27-a73b-080312a5a73e
  7. Xbox Controller vibrates when plugged in but won't connect.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller vibrates when plugged in but won't connect.: For the past days,months and years my xbox controller has been working perfectly fine until now. I plug it into my PC and it vibrates but the light doesn't turn on neither it connect. I've tried 2...
  8. Controller Vibration glitch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Vibration glitch: Is anyone having a problem where my controller just vibrates I’ve tried restarting my Xbox 1,000 times hasn’t done me any justice. I use a usb cable full time when I play and it was fine like 5...
  9. My controler shows it’s connecting then vibrates and shuts off. How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controler shows it’s connecting then vibrates and shuts off. How do I fix it?: Hey, so I was moving stuff around my room and then a glass of water fell onto the ground and then my controller did after, I cleaned it off and checked for water damage. I didn’t see and so I...
  10. Controller vibrating and cycling on/off when directly connected to console.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Controller vibrating and cycling on/off when directly connected to console.: Up until recently, whenever I've connected either a normal Series X controller or my Elite 2 directly via USB to the Series X console, they vibrate and cycle on/off constantly. Any help would be...