New Console, Terrible connection

Discus and support New Console, Terrible connection in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Posting here because I am at wits end. Almost two months ago now my original Xbox One finally died on me, so i swapped it out with a 500 GB One S that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CH3X MIXER, Mar 13, 2018.

  1. CH3X MIXER
    CH3X MIXER Guest

    New Console, Terrible connection


    Posting here because I am at wits end.

    Almost two months ago now my original Xbox One finally died on me, so i swapped it out with a 500 GB One S that I had. Ever since then, online play is almost unbearable due to terrible lag and my connection to Xbox live constantly dropping. It's an odd sort
    of lag too- usually when I had bad connection on my old console I could check the ping and see that it was high, and my viewmodel and animations in game would be choppy. Now, its every other player that appears choppy, not me (I can show a capture of this
    if needed).

    My point is that I never had any connection issues since I swapped consoles. I thought it might pass but its been a few months now and the lagging persists, despite all network tests showing no problems. The only variable here is the One S console. Xbox
    support offered no permanent solutions, and I have already tried:

    • Port Fowarding
    • Disabling/Enabling UPnP
    • Enabling IPv6
    • Reset of the console
    • Reset of my router
    • Clearing alternate Mac Address
    • Downgrading/Upgrading Router's firmware
    All of these either didn't work, or only temporarily worked (for about 30min-1 hour)

    I'm at a loss-I don't know what the problem is exactly or how to fix it. Why did my old Xbone have no networking issues, but this new version has this problem? Is this console just somehow incompatible with my router?

    I do have one clue- In my routers system log, I see that about the time I try to play online, it resets Upnp (I think) the text is :

    rc_service: ntp 590:notify_rc restart_upnp



    Does anyone else have this issue, or a solution? Any help would be much appreciated.

    :)
     
    CH3X MIXER, Mar 13, 2018
    #1
  2. bg72885
    bg72885 Guest
    TERRIBLE internet connections

    I have a new (year old) xbox 360, and have terrible internet connections. Wirelessly AND hardwired, I cannot stream HD Netflix. Internet on computer is fine, and have 30mb download speeds on speed tests for the internet. Could this be an internal problem?
    Bought a new wireless router (a really good one) thinking that this was the problem and nothing......HELP!!
     
    bg72885, Mar 13, 2018
    #2
  3. TERRIBLE internet connections

    what Router do you use? what ISP do you have?
     
    Xx ROZILLA xX, Mar 13, 2018
    #3
  4. New Console, Terrible connection

    Hi there CH3X Mixer, we're sorry to hear about the frustrating experience with your Xbox One S console.

    To check, can you please send us your Detailed Network Stats (Settings>Network>Network Settings>Detailed Network Statistics) as seen on your Xbox One console?

    Also, just to clarify, were you able to try running through our troubleshooting guide for

    slow network performance and lag
    on your Xbox One console?
     
    Mister Cazador, Mar 13, 2018
    #4
  5. CH3X MIXER
    CH3X MIXER Guest
    Been a while- gave up and went back to my old console, but want to try again. Connection issues started up again immediately after I set up the new console. Detailed network statistics I just pulled we're:

    Download Speed: 37.35Mbps

    Upload Speed: 15.56Mbps

    Packet Loss: 0%

    MTU: 1480

    Latency: 50ms

    Wireless Strength: 90%

    I have tried the steps in the guide, and any other advice I found on connection issues through Xbox support.
     
    CH3X MIXER, Aug 1, 2018
    #5
  6. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest
    Most connection issues are going to be at the router side. The Xbox can't specify a speed or quality of network connection.

    Try a wired connection and see if that helps

    Or login to the router, look for a feature called UPNP. Turn it off and reboot the router. After the reboot, turn UPNP back on and reboot again.

    - In your Xbox, forget wireless network. Then reconnect to your router from your xbox and change the Primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and Secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4

    - Then clear the alt mac on the Xbox and after it restarts test the connection again

    More options -

    - Update router firmware

    - Reset Router back to Factory Defaults

    - Use different band, if using 2.4 us 5 Ghz band

    - Use a different channel on your router
     
    HAZMAT RADIO, Aug 1, 2018
    #6
  7. BHazard
    BHazard Guest
    Try Cloudflare's DNS as well. 1.1.1.1
     
    BHazard, Nov 1, 2018
    #7
  8. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

    New Console, Terrible connection

    Most connection issues are going to be at the router side. The Xbox can't specify a speed or quality of network connection.

    Try a wired connection and see if that helps

    Or login to the router, look for a feature called UPNP. Turn it off and reboot the router. After the reboot, turn UPNP back on and reboot again.

    - In your Xbox, forget wireless network. Then reconnect to your router from your xbox and change the Primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and Secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4

    - Then clear the alt mac on the Xbox and after it restarts test the connection again

    More options -

    - Update router firmware

    - Reset Router back to Factory Defaults

    - Use different band, if using 2.4 us 5 Ghz band

    - Use a different channel on your router
  9. CH3X MIXER Win User

    New Console, Terrible connection

    Been a while- gave up and went back to my old console, but want to try again. Connection issues started up again immediately after I set up the new console. Detailed network statistics I just pulled we're:

    Download Speed: 37.35Mbps

    Upload Speed: 15.56Mbps

    Packet Loss: 0%

    MTU: 1480

    Latency: 50ms

    Wireless Strength: 90%

    I have tried the steps in the guide, and any other advice I found on connection issues through Xbox support.
  10. BHazard Win User

    New Console, Terrible connection

    Try Cloudflare's DNS as well. 1.1.1.1
  11. Mister Cazador Win User

    New Console, Terrible connection

    Hi there CH3X Mixer, we're sorry to hear about the frustrating experience with your Xbox One S console.

    To check, can you please send us your Detailed Network Stats (Settings>Network>Network Settings>Detailed Network Statistics) as seen on your Xbox One console?

    Also, just to clarify, were you able to try running through our troubleshooting guide for

    slow network performance and lag
    on your Xbox One console?
  12. KNoley Win User

    Constantly losing Live and wireless controller connection

    Seems that with every new generation XBOX consoles get worse and worse with regard to connectivity reliability. You'd think it would be the other way around. Pathetic to have to pay an annual fee for this terrible of a product.
Thema:

New Console, Terrible connection

Loading...
  1. New Console, Terrible connection - Similar Threads - Console Terrible connection

  2. Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug: Hello, I recently moved from the Omega preview to the Delta preview. I just turned on my XBOX and was sent through initial setup again after installing a forced 4.1GB manual update. It's led me...
  3. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....
  4. XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring: I really liked that I could press A and it would launch the game card/hub and then I could select PLAY on any tile on the home screen. A few days back that behavior changed and A launched the game...
  5. If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?

    in XboX Insiders
    If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?: Currently in the ASA ring and I have a One X that's giving me more and more issues every day. Wanted to put it back on the public build and see if that clears up anything. Won't be getting my 25th...
  6. The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles

    in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles: Hey everyone, With the industry pushing toward digital-only hardware ecosystems, those of us with massive physical collections (Original Xbox and Xbox 360) are facing a serious preservation...
  7. Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...: So, I have a very specific use case for the new Disc-to-Digital feature, and I’m wondering if anyone with multiple Xbox consoles has actually tested this. I’m trying to unlock the Dominion...
  8. No hope for us Digital ONLY console owners??

    in XboX Insiders
    No hope for us Digital ONLY console owners??: So for us lowly digital only console owners what hope is there without support for an external disc drive? submitted by /u/Andymg350 [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox One S stuck on E101 after HDD replacement — console was on an Insider flight build,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S stuck on E101 after HDD replacement — console was on an Insider flight build,...: Hey everyone, My Xbox One S had a dying internal HDD (E106), so I swapped in a blank SSD. Before the drive died, the console had been enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program. Now it won't get past...
  10. xbox series x is a terrible console.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x is a terrible console.: probably the worst console i ever owned. the reason the ui was the same the controller was not advance and it still uses AA batteries in 2023 come on Microsoft charging a controller saves me...