New beta update just bricked my One X?

Discus and support New beta update just bricked my One X? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Apologies if this post is not too detailed but I'm upset and tired. I just joined the insiders program two days ago because I was excited to try out... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/LeMattJM, Feb 2, 2020.

  1. /u/LeMattJM
    /u/LeMattJM Guest

    New beta update just bricked my One X?


    Apologies if this post is not too detailed but I'm upset and tired. I just joined the insiders program two days ago because I was excited to try out the update with the new interface. Tonight, after a bunch of games wouldn't start, I tried doing a hard rest of my Xbox only to have the the troubleshooting menu come up with a E501 system error. I basically tried everything (reboot, factory reset, USB update) to no avail. Now, according to Microsoft, I simply have to send my console in for repairs. I understand I'll probably have to try to repair the hard drive myself but I am not good at that kind of thing so I just thought I'd throw this situation out there and see if by some miracle, somebody know another fix. Basically, I'm super bummed out and very pissed. Not how I wanted my night to go...

    submitted by /u/LeMattJM
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/LeMattJM, Feb 2, 2020
    #1
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

    Xbox 360 e power problem

    This is more than likely the power brick has failed. Same thing happened to my x360 and the reason I updated to Xbox one X. Time to update to a new console I suggest.

    Either the next gen Series S/X models or XBox one S/X.

    You won't look back, but will wonder why you didn't update earlier.
  3. DEACON Win User

    Im a bit worried!

    i've had all the Xbox One updates and neither have bricked my console. i've even had them when in beta and not publicly released.
  4. SverigeViking Win User

    Update to black screen of death

    I stated my current Xbox one is not working now, thanks to the Latest Update. It’s not a new one.

    It’s a useless brick now, if I buy a new one today from the store will it get the same Update of death and turn that one into a useless brick also??
  5. XxGODDAM1TxX Win User

    Xbox 360 Preview Program

    do not sign up for XBL beta downloads. Microsoft has bricked my xbox thru these updates.
  6. gds1972 Win User

    Canadian Xbox One

    If it's an Xbox One S or X you should be okay if it's one of the original Xbox One consoles that has the power brick then you will need to obtain a new power brick.
Thema:

New beta update just bricked my One X?

Loading...
  1. New beta update just bricked my One X? - Similar Threads - beta update bricked

  2. September 29, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Beta (2610.260924-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 29, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Beta (2610.260924-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 29, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Beta (2610.260924-2200) Feel...
  3. Only 2 new thing after update, beta ring

    in XboX Insiders
    Only 2 new thing after update, beta ring: I installed the update for beta ring but only streak and game tiles showing xx/xx achievements is new, no change start up option, no achievement sorting, no view dynamic wallpaper. This normal?...
  4. Beta Update ring - What is this new weekly streak thing added in the update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Update ring - What is this new weekly streak thing added in the update?: What is this new streak thing added in the update? I opened a game after installing the new update and I got a notification telling me something about a weekly streak being started and now there’s...
  5. September 24, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Beta (2610.260921-2200)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 24, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Beta (2610.260921-2200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 24, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Beta (2610.260921-2200) Feel...
  6. Is Beta ring updates rolling this week?

    in XboX Insiders
    Is Beta ring updates rolling this week?: Just asking. submitted by /u/marcelu2k23 [link] [comments]
  7. Where are the updates for beta and delta?

    in XboX Insiders
    Where are the updates for beta and delta?: Alpha and alpha skip ahead has been getting alot of updates and i havent seen beta or delta got an update once. 12 days since delta was last updated and patch notes on reddit While beta hasn't...
  8. September 4, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Beta (2608.260902-1030)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 4, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Beta (2608.260902-1030): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 4, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Beta (2608.260902-1030) Feel...
  9. September 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Beta (2608.260831-1200)

    in XboX Insiders
    September 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Beta (2608.260831-1200): Hey XBOX Insiders! We are releasing a new XBOX Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 2, 2026 - XBOX Update Preview - Beta (2608.260831-1200) Feel...
  10. Preview Beta update bricked my console...

    in XboX Insiders
    Preview Beta update bricked my console...: I had recently made a post about my Xbox not recognizing any local wifi area networks, and now it's not accessing wifi despite being plugged in with an otherness cable directly. Internet works...