New assign possibilities to Xbox Elite 2 Controller's paddles

Discus and support New assign possibilities to Xbox Elite 2 Controller's paddles in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I would really like to be able assign the following to the Xbox Elite 2 Controller's paddles: * Button combinations, like LB + X to P1, LB + Y to P3.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Gixxman, Feb 24, 2023.

1. /u/Gixxman
    /u/Gixxman Guest

I would really like to be able assign the following to the Xbox Elite 2 Controller's paddles:
    * Button combinations, like LB + X to P1, LB + Y to P3. For example in Snowrunner, the AWD and Diff lock toggles requires these combinations which requires both hands during driving around.
    * Periodical button press repeat emulation by press and hold. It should be available only for buttons A, B, X and Y to avoid weapon trigger cheats in shooters. For example, in GTA and RDR2 the fast running is possible by periodically pressing the A button which is not good neighter for the controller nor my thumb on a long term.

submitted by /u/Gixxman
    [link] [comments]

/u/Gixxman, Feb 24, 2023
  2. MacQba Win User

Paddles in elite 2 controller

I know that it would be easier for the game to read and understand it, as it was done in the first elite controller. But the software used to map the buttons changes the controllers codes for buttons anyway. So the second question is, is it possible to map
    the paddles to some new event codes, that are not present on the controller (A, B, X, Y, LB, RB, etc.)?, Is it possible to just add the four 'paddle #' to the list that can be mapped and assign them new event codes? I'm not sure, because that's noy my area
    of expertise, but I think it's possible to do through some firmware update.
  3. lackoftraction Win User

Xbox Elite 2 controller NOT working with new firmware update

To be very, very clear, the problem is that the newest firmware updates to Xbox elite 2 controller has broken the functionality of the paddles. As of the latest firmware, the paddles are completely disabled when in default profile. The paddles used to work in default mode, and now they don't. Steam can corroborate this: last year Steam added functionality to customize the outputs of the elite controllers paddles, which means that the paddles used to output a unique signal instead on only emulating other controller buttons.

A quick internet search reveals numerous accounts from users who had used steam to customize the paddle outputs, proving that the paddles used to work. You can also see a growing number of recent complaints from Elite controller users who are realizing that their paddle inputs are now broken. This is not an isolated occurrence, the elite controller was broken by the latest firmware updates, and people are realizing it.

The changes made to the Xbox elite 2 Controller paddles in the latest firmware updates NEED TO BE REVERTED.
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

Modern Warfare Issue or Elite 2 issue?

make sure that you not only map the config but assign it to a slot and that you are on that slot as active. I have the new elite series 2 and i map the left stick down to the left rear paddle; works fine.
  5. Bjorn van Rijszen Win User

series 2 electrical shocks (not static electricity)

I can confirm that the Xbox Elite 2 controller has issues with conducting electricity through the paddles.

I am getting shocked as well.

The Xbox Elite 2 controller needs to be recalled immediately.
  6. NeoDan123 Win User

Xbox elite controller 2

Each Elite controller series 2 comes with 1 set of paddles. You can order replacement paddles, thumbsticks etc.

Series 1 paddles, thumbsticks is not compatible with series 2.
Thema:

1. New assign possibilities to Xbox Elite 2 Controller's paddles - Similar Threads - assign possibilities Elite

2. Headset Pairing and Assignment

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Pairing and Assignment: So I just recently bought a refurbished wireless headset, (Razer Kaira Pro), and the day I bought it I paired it to my girlfriends xbox one, and it assigned to her account. I’m now at my own house...
  3. Xbox controllers assigned to profiles issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controllers assigned to profiles issue: My wife and I are trying to play 2 player fortnite. I recently bought her a new Xbox brand Xbox controller and a turtle beach head set. I paired her new controller to our Xbox and created her own...
  4. How to assign controller 2 to player 2 when playing locally?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to assign controller 2 to player 2 when playing locally?: Hello, when I try to play 2 players locally on my Xbox series S, it recognizes the 2 controllers for player 1. I tried to turn off/turn on the controller 2, it still assign it to player 1. How can...
  5. Can the be two assigned as adults in family safety

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can the be two assigned as adults in family safety: In Family Safety app, can a husband & wife both share organizer role? 29181d13-df6f-42f4-accd-26362a79156e
  6. Assign buttons to steering wheels

in XboX Insiders
    Assign buttons to steering wheels: Forza Motorsport is coming out and it will surely not be possible to assign the additional buttons on my fanatec steering wheel since Xbox only allows me the default buttons on the controller....
  7. Stopped Auto assigning

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stopped Auto assigning: Ive had this headset for a year and it has always automatically assigned to my main account on my xbox, yesterday it stopped automatically assigning and it didn't let me hear anyone in party chat...
  8. Assigning Minecraft account to a diffrent Microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assigning Minecraft account to a diffrent Microsoft account: Since my Microsoft account was linked to my Minecraft account I lost access to my Minecraft account cause someone deleted my Microsoft account. Now Im not sure what happens but I was wondering if...
  9. There is an XBox profile assigned to my Microsoft Account that is not me! How to Delete???

in XBoX Accessibility
    There is an XBox profile assigned to my Microsoft Account that is not me! How to Delete???: Can someone please tell me why there is an XBox profile assigned to my Microsoft account, and how to delete this? I have never used XBox! No-one else has access to my computer. I tried looking at...
  10. How do I get my a40 mixamp to assign to a profile on my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my a40 mixamp to assign to a profile on my xbox series s: I am trying to connect my astro a40 mixamp pro to my xbox so I can use my astro a40 headset with the mixamp. The headset works fine plugged directly into the controller. But when i plug the mixamp...