Networking Issues- Hotspot works, home internet wire/wireless does not

Discus and support Networking Issues- Hotspot works, home internet wire/wireless does not in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My series x has worked fine for a while. In the past week it shut down and would not connect to the internet. When using my phones hotspot it works... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EthanHarris7, Jan 26, 2023.

1. EthanHarris7
    EthanHarris7 Guest

My series x has worked fine for a while. In the past week it shut down and would not connect to the internet. When using my phones hotspot it works alright, however when using wired/wireless it will not work. I have power cycled no telling how many times ( I stopped counting at 35), I have power cycled my router an identical amount of times, I have factory reset three times, the latest deleting apps and games. The best I managed was after the first factory reset it temporarily worked, then when I turned the console off it would not work again. I have also tried to unplug my seagate extension. I have looked into my routers settings. I have toggled UpnP off and on with a power cycle between (several times), opened NAT filtering, and at this moment think thats all. When trying to connect the console I get connection, however I cannot access friends list, party, or store and in the settings it just says NAT Type unavailable and if it doesn't say that then it refers me to a teledo link.

:)

EthanHarris7, Jan 26, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Ethan! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here. No worries, we will do our best now to get this sorted out.

I appreciate all your efforts. As you've mentioned that it works fine with your mobile data hotspot and the issue is with NAT type, it's most likely that it's an issue with your networking device like modem or router. Just to confirm, you did factory reset of your router or just the console?
  3. TerryAtkins1 Win User

t mobile home internet

Any new updates on this post? Having the exact same issue. Works on a hotspot but not with tmobile home internet (wired or wireless). Spent an hour on the phone with tmobile tech support and it was a waste of time.
  4. IsaacDread Win User

Cant Connect to Xbox Live on Wireless

Another user suggested I try connecting to a mobile hotspot instead of home's wireless network. Strangely, XBL worked when connected to the mobile hotspot. Why would one Xbox One (X) work on my wireless but the other (original) does not?
  5. StevenW92 Win User

Unable to access online services/Connection failed

Im having the same problem. I use a hot spot and every game is working besides modern warfare
    Im also having the problem - MW works with regular wireless internet and wired, but not either of my phone hotspots. Unfortunately my home internet is terrible, but ive been using my hotspot for 6 months. Stopped working two nights ago. Ive done a ton of
    troubleshooting since then, software updates, network settings reset, stiff recommended in forums like this. Nothing works. Very weird and frustrating. Sprint is my wireless carrier im going to reach out to them tomorrow.
  6. kyle_m4496 Win User

Xbox wired connection keeps resetting my date and time

Hi Purple. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

If it works on a mobile hotspot, it may be an issue with your home network. Do you get any errors when you try testing the network? Does the same issue happen if you use WiFi instead of wired?

If possible please provide some photos or screenshots to demonstrate this problem.

Thanks,
    Kyle
Thema:

1. Networking Issues- Hotspot works, home internet wire/wireless does not - Similar Threads - Networking Issues Hotspot

2. Network issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network issue: I recently bought a refurbished xbox online from gamestop and it wont connect to the wifi. Sometimes if I'm lucky itll connect but I found out I need to switch to IPv6 I have IPv4 but I dont know...
  3. Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...: So I'm here to shed some light of the situation at the very least as Microsoft don't bother looking into the issue as it isn't really their issue to deal with nonetheless. Possible causes: ISP...
  4. Network transfer issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network transfer issue: I bought an Xbox series s my old Xbox was given to my younger brother. On the old Xbox I bought sea of thieves. When I went to network transfer it worked. Then I reset my Xbox and now I can’t play...
  5. Xbox series X network & games issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X network & games issue: my Xbox series x works fine and connects to wifi but won’t load games on wifi. Like any game pass game will come up with a message about it being a trial to buy the game or check the subscription...
  6. Network Delta issue to the point can't play

in XboX Insiders
    Network Delta issue to the point can't play: As of the 1st of the year something happened and everything is so slow it like my account is screwed up to the max! i've called tech support only to get blown of and pissed off! i have a 400...
  7. Please help, networking issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help, networking issue: Iv'e tried everything to connect to xbox live, but I keep getting "there is a problem with your connection" , I have done all the suggestions and the virtual agent, nothings working...
  8. Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues: I’m in a flat share with some other people so we all share the same internet. When we play with others over the internet party chat works fine. When we try to add each other from the same house...
  9. Xbox network issues and purchase and content usage and can't play a game without getting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox network issues and purchase and content usage and can't play a game without getting...: On my Xbox it says network connection good but Xbox service are having issues and been like that for a few days and I get kicked out of games and lag sometimes I've restarted my console removed my...
  10. Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues: I’m in a flat share with some other people so we all share the same internet. When we play with others over the internet party chat works fine. When we try to add each other from the same house...