Networking issues have rendered my Xbox Useless

Discus and support Networking issues have rendered my Xbox Useless in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Yesterday I could play every game perfectly. Suddenly nothing is working. I cannot sync any game data nor can I load any games offline. I cannot access... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by brendrach, Dec 28, 2015.

1. brendrach
    brendrach Guest

Yesterday I could play every game perfectly. Suddenly nothing is working. I cannot sync any game data nor can I load any games offline. I cannot access my friends or achievements. My NAT type is open as it should be. I cannot even log into my profile. My
    internet connection is working fine. Hard reset doesn't work. Wireless doesn't work. Wired doesn't work. Resetting my profile doesn't work. Power cycling doesn't work. Port forwarding doesn't work. There were no hardware changes between today and yesterday.
    My information is as follows:

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Pennsylvania, US.

Modem brand & model number: Actiontec GT784WNV

Router brand & model number: The router and modem have the same details. They are within the same device.

How many Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles are connected to this router?: 1 360 and 1 XBOX One.

Wired or Wireless (for each console): Wired for 360. Wireless for One

Things you have tried: Port forwarding, power cylce, delete account, reset modem/router, reset console.

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/No/Unknown: Yes

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?: Open

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP? (Internet Service Provider): Verizon, DSL.

:)

brendrach, Dec 28, 2015
  2. Xbox Live subscription extension

But I did NOT agree to have my XBOX One rendered useless when there was no service or even internet.

OneBgBdArtemis, Dec 28, 2015
  3. The new update has made Xbox Live unplayable!

Seems like they've rendered Xbox Live useless. Everything Xbox and Microsoft stood for has been ruined.

FazzyWazzy 86, Dec 28, 2015
  4. brendrach
    brendrach Guest

I should also mention, I tried calling my ISP and they have changed nothing between today and yesterday. The connection is still the same. No problems on their end.

brendrach, Dec 28, 2015
  5. robdablob92
    robdablob92 Guest
    Mine is doing the same exact thing. Yours work yet?

robdablob92, Dec 28, 2015
  6. brendrach
    brendrach Guest
    Not yet. I am currently dealing with Microsoft support. Most solutions I find online involve factory resetting which is not something I want to do.

brendrach, Dec 28, 2015
  7. This gateway (Actiontec GT784WNV) has "known issues" check the firmware....

Known Issues

*There is a known issue with certain versions of the firmware that this gateway ships with, that causes it to consistently disconnect. The version of the firmware that is shipped is NCS01-1.0.3. If you call your ISP, you should be able to have them upgrade
    the firmware to version NCS01-1.0.8.*

RobertBuckalew, Dec 28, 2015
  8. Networking issues have rendered my Xbox Useless

Also , UPNP and port forwarding at the same time is a conflict...

9. brendrach
    brendrach Guest
    My firmware version differs from the problematic one. Also, I undid the port forwarding before re-activating UPNP. Thanks for the suggestions.

brendrach, Dec 28, 2015
  10. You could try "bridge mode " , and hook straight into it...

11. brendrach
    brendrach Guest
    Unfortunately hooking into it directly seems to be a spatial issue.

brendrach, Dec 28, 2015
  12. brendrach
    brendrach Guest
    It is worth noting that I can no longer get on my profile. Failed sign in followed by error code 0x87dd0017.

brendrach, Dec 28, 2015
  13. Networking issues have rendered my Xbox Useless

Do you have a friend or family member close by where you could take the console and test on a different network ?

RobertBuckalew, Oct 31, 2018
  14. brendrach Win User

It is worth noting that I can no longer get on my profile. Failed sign in followed by error code 0x87dd0017.
  15. RobertBuckalew Win User

You could try "bridge mode " , and hook straight into it...
  16. brendrach Win User

My firmware version differs from the problematic one. Also, I undid the port forwarding before re-activating UPNP. Thanks for the suggestions.
  17. RobertBuckalew Win User

Also , UPNP and port forwarding at the same time is a conflict...
  18. RobertBuckalew Win User

This gateway (Actiontec GT784WNV) has "known issues" check the firmware....

Known Issues

*There is a known issue with certain versions of the firmware that this gateway ships with, that causes it to consistently disconnect. The version of the firmware that is shipped is NCS01-1.0.3. If you call your ISP, you should be able to have them upgrade
    the firmware to version NCS01-1.0.8.*
Thema:

1. Networking issues have rendered my Xbox Useless - Similar Threads - Networking issues rendered

2. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  3. Network speed issues for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network speed issues for Xbox: Hello, I have an Xbox series x and my son uses my old Xbox one. Both devices are in the same room, connected to the same wifi, which is full fibre 150 Downloads from game pass are much quicker...
  4. Is anyone having an xbox network issue??

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone having an xbox network issue??: Hello guys Is anyone experiencing a network issue ? The problem started a few days ago by not being able to connect to wifi and cant log in to my account , but restarting the console few times...
  5. Beta ring update May 30th, 2024 major issue. Stuck on syncing data, network stats show 100%...

in XboX Insiders
    Beta ring update May 30th, 2024 major issue. Stuck on syncing data, network stats show 100%...: Pretty sure this is related to the network 'fix' in the update I received yesterday in the beta ring for something about network issues after appearing offline... Wired or wifi to same home...
  6. Network issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network issue: Why is it every-time i log onto my xbox now i have to reset my network ? Issues like this is exactly why i moved to playstation, i should not have to do that everytime i turn it on. Does...
  7. Network issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network issue: I recently bought a refurbished xbox online from gamestop and it wont connect to the wifi. Sometimes if I'm lucky itll connect but I found out I need to switch to IPv6 I have IPv4 but I dont know...
  8. Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...: So I'm here to shed some light of the situation at the very least as Microsoft don't bother looking into the issue as it isn't really their issue to deal with nonetheless. Possible causes: ISP...
  9. Network transfer issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network transfer issue: I bought an Xbox series s my old Xbox was given to my younger brother. On the old Xbox I bought sea of thieves. When I went to network transfer it worked. Then I reset my Xbox and now I can’t play...
  10. Xbox series X network & games issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X network & games issue: my Xbox series x works fine and connects to wifi but won’t load games on wifi. Like any game pass game will come up with a message about it being a trial to buy the game or check the subscription...