Network Transfers

Discus and support Network Transfers in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I copied a game off another xbox that we own via network transferring, but every time i try and play it says i need to buy the game, my question is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by keaston chaplin, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Network Transfers

So I copied a game off another xbox that we own via network transferring, but every time i try and play it says i need to buy the game, my question is do i have to buy the game again or like what do i have to do.

:)

keaston chaplin, Nov 29, 2022
  2. Wrightstuff1 Win User

Network Transfer

Hi try unplugging the Console and starting again or do a hard reset if it doesn't work contact xbox support
  3. Smwutches Win User

Network Transfer

As long as you're signed into Live, the games saves are stored on the cloud. Only the games themselves would be moved over through a network transfer. Once you start the game, it should tell you it's syncing your save.
  4. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Network transfer

Hello JacobPerch, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

I highly recommend following the troubleshooting steps here:

After each step try to see if the issue is fixed!

First, please select System > Settings > account > remove accounts and then select your account and select Remove to confirm.

Then, hold down the power button for about 10 seconds, until the console shuts off, then unplug the power cord and wait for 2-3 minutes before plugging it back in and turn on the Xbox.

If the issue persists, please select System > Settings > General > Network setting > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address: clear

Then, please select System > Settings > devices and streaming > blue ray > persistent storage > clear three times > restart console.

If you are still encountering the same issue, please select System > Settings > System > Console info > Select Reset console > Choose Reset and keep my games and apps

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  5. Belen T.C. Win User

Network transfer

Hello Charlie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you want to know if you can turn off the network transfer on your Xbox Console. Network transfer is a feature that allows you to copy games and apps from one Xbox console to another over your local network. You can turn off network transfer when you are done transferring your games and apps to your new Xbox. To do that, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

2. Go to Profile & system > Settings > System > Backup & transfer.

3. Under Network transfer, uncheck the box that says Allow network transfer.

This will stop your Xbox from sending or receiving games and apps over the network.

For your reference, you may also check this link: Use network transfer to copy games and apps to another Xbox | Xbox Support

We hope this helps you enjoy your new Xbox. If you have any other questions or issues, please let us know.

Have a great day and happy gaming!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Smwutches Win User

Network Transfer

The data will move to his console, but he won't own the game or the DLC and won't be able to access it unless you have his console as your Home or you're signed in.
Thema:

Network Transfers

1. Network Transfers - Similar Threads - Network Transfers

2. Any help on my Network Transfer being slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any help on my Network Transfer being slow?: I just bought a used Xbox series x to replace my Xbox one s. I am trying to transfer my games between the two consoles through network transfer but it is going incredibly slow. It is downloading...
  3. Network transfer issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network transfer issue: I bought an Xbox series s my old Xbox was given to my younger brother. On the old Xbox I bought sea of thieves. When I went to network transfer it worked. Then I reset my Xbox and now I can’t play...
  4. Local network transfer from one S to series x isn’t working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Local network transfer from one S to series x isn’t working.: I recently got the series x and I managed to transfer most of my games over to my new Xbox but for some reasons reason the last few games don’t want to install, and when I try the ‘mbps’ doesn’t...
  5. Network transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network transfer: Can you turn off network transfer when all of your games have finally been downloaded in your new Xbox 6cd0119f-07bb-46d7-b451-a1f9d0726b47
  6. Do i need to network transfer for disc games??

in XBoX on Windows
    Do i need to network transfer for disc games??: Im currently switching to a series X from my one s and i was wondering if i need to network transfer for disc games for instance i have forza horizon 5 on disc which i played on my one s but want...
  7. xbox turns off during network data transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox turns off during network data transfer: Hi Microsoft: 4 Questions: 1). Xbox turning off during data transfer: I am trying to transfer all info possible from my old Xbox one to new Xbox X. When doing so, it takes a long time. Each...
  8. How do I transfer clips and screenshots from Xbox Network to OneDrive?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I transfer clips and screenshots from Xbox Network to OneDrive?: I have spent the last couple of days trying to back up my captures from my Xbox to the onedrive. I have upgraded my storage to 100GB of space. I have just over 10GB of captures to upload, so space...
  9. Do you own this game or app? After network transfer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do you own this game or app? After network transfer: Hello, I’ve received the “do you own this game or app?” error after transferring games from my Xbox one to my Xbox one x. Is there anyway to fix this? Both the xboxs were logged into the same...
  10. Network transfer now forcing update over internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network transfer now forcing update over internet: I've used network transfer substantially for years because I own more than one xbox and my internet provider charges me a fee if I download more than their cap allows each month. Removing the cap...