Network Port changing on its own

Discus and support Network Port changing on its own in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm having a problem with my One X changing network ports on it's own while downloading games. I set it to 3074 and as soon as I back out of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fox McCloud l, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Network Port changing on its own

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with my One X changing network ports on it's own while downloading games. I set it to 3074 and as soon as I back out of the Network screen it changes back to 55533. When it does this it causes my download speeds to crash from 300Mb/s+
    to between 60-90 Mb/s. I've even gone as far to open the ports in my router for all of the different ports the X could possibly use (3074,55533,50642...) which didn't help. Any port other then 3074 will not allow me to download above 90 Mbps. Is there a way
    that I am missing to force the Xbox to use 3074? Because it is not available as an option under Manual Port Selection.

I swear the Xbox is trying to throttle me even though I know better.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Edit: I do know how to open ports in my router everyone. This problem is not caused by me not having a certain port open.

I am using a static IP.

:)

Fox McCloud l, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Fox McCloud l Win User

This may be a problem with your ISP. Please contact them and ask for directions on how to proceed. That might be a good idea!
    ISP is not the problem here. The 360 holds steady on 3074. And my PC hasnt jumped off of 3074 either. This issue is isolated to my Xbox One X.
  3. AdamKronus Win User

This may be a problem with your ISP. Please contact them and ask for directions on how to proceed. That might be a good idea!
  4. Ackis Win User

Does it change back when you set it to a port > 8000?

I know you've said 3074 is the only one that allows faster download speeds but curious if, say you set the Xbox to use port 8888, if it'll retain that setting. If it does, what another port that's < 8000?

Reason I'm asking is that sometimes ports under 8000 are considered privileged (for lack of a better term).
  5. oBnAo IDiAbLa X Win User

6. Fox McCloud l Win User

Hi Fox,

I totally understand that you may know how to port forward. In your post it does not state that you did or did not port forward so this is why I mentioned this. As we basically have exhausted all troubleshooting it is just another step to try. With port
    forwarding you wouldn't need to rely on changing the port on the console. With the one on the console there is no way to force it to stay on a certain port. It automatically detects the most available port.

Thanks,

Brad
    Actually, I did say that I had opened ports in my original post. To quote myself: "I've even gone as far to open the ports in my router for all of the different ports the X could possibly use (3074,55533,50642...)"

Now, where you said that there is not a way to force the Xbox One to stay using a certain port. Actually you can force the Xbox to use a port by going to Settings<Network Setting<Advanced Network Setting<Use Alternative Port. It will only automatically detect/use
    a port if the Xbox is configured to Automatic Port Selection.

Also in my bold text I specifically said that this problem is not caused by a certain port not being open. Please take my word when I say that I hate dealing with the forums because I build computers. I know how to troubleshoot. I spent 2 hours diagnosing
    my network, (router, modem, ISP even my Cat 6 Ethernet Cables)

There is obviously not a way to force the Xbox One to stay on 3074 like I could with the 360 by entering in all of my network info manually. This needs to be implemented into the Xbox One.

Now that I have said all of that, please lock the thread as I have gleamed all of the info I need from it.

Thank you to all of my fellow Ambassadors who were more helpful then the Actual Microsoft Staff.
Thema:

1. Network Port changing on its own - Similar Threads - Network Port changing

2. RJ45 network connection port issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    RJ45 network connection port issues: Hi all, does anyone have issues with their RJ45 network connection port on their Xbox series X? When I plugged in the cable into a live data port and then into the Xbox no lights come on (which...
  3. 360 network(teredo?) doesn't like port forwarding

in XboX Networking Hardware
    360 network(teredo?) doesn't like port forwarding: 360 network(teredo?) doesn't like port forwarding Hi I am on an Xbox one elite series (more or less the OG xbox one with faster hard drive)... hardwired directly to modem, its a single unit...
  4. Your network is behind a port-restricted NAT

in XBoX on Consoles
    Your network is behind a port-restricted NAT: I have an NAT problem, I'm trying to get "OPEN NAT" Xbox power settings switched manually between energy and instant-on to see difference, result none Status code:0x1040040000000000 NAT...
  5. Which ports do I port forward for xbox one and xbox 360 if they both are in the same network?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which ports do I port forward for xbox one and xbox 360 if they both are in the same network?: The thing is that in my situation, we're assuming that both consoles are being used at the same time. In other words, we can't use the same port(s) for both consoles. So which ports will I use for...
  6. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: help. network strict after port forward

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: help. network strict after port forward: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: help. network strict after port forward I Port forwarded my router for my xbox now it says i have strict nat type why? how do i fix this? [img]...
  7. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Port forwarding

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Port forwarding: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Port forwarding https://support.xbox.com/en-HK/xbox-one/networking/connectivity-wizards/000-Mumbai-wizard-QA It’s a bit of a pain if you don’t...
  8. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: PORT forwarding network error

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: PORT forwarding network error: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: PORT forwarding network error hey anyone else have the error when port forwarding your xbox it say network connection error even with open NAT?...
  9. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Port 3075

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Port 3075: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Port 3075 I can not join other Xbox Live users matches on COD WW2. It’s telling can’t connect to host then I have A strict nat type in the game but...
  10. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: manual port selection bug

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: manual port selection bug: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: manual port selection bug When I select a port manually in the network settings, my xbox does not use that port. For example, I chose 50174. My...