Network latency very high

Discus and support Network latency very high in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Network latency very high Hello, Im curious what evervodys avg latency results are when testing “network speed and statistics” for Xbox Series X.. As... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by WoNtOn ShAwN, Mar 16, 2021.

1. WoNtOn ShAwN
    WoNtOn ShAwN Guest

Hello,

Im curious what evervodys avg latency results are when testing “network speed and statistics” for Xbox Series X.. As mine seem to be higher than normal regardless of any network upgrades ive added.

ISP=Xfinity

Location=South Florida

Normally i wouldnt question this, but about 5 months ago when i was still using the xbox one x , i was having connection problems and after a long troubleshooting process with my ISP it was resolved. As I were able to get avg. latency readings of 35MS for about 3 months. Up until i baught the series X and mind you i was only doing 250MBS download 15MBS Upload package at the time. now is 600MBS Upload 20MBS with a average latency of 65....which is Almost twice as slow now?

Can anybody explain a possible reasoning?

:)

WoNtOn ShAwN, Mar 16, 2021
  2. ENGL15H N PROUD Win User

High Network Latency

hey guys i have the same issue my download is always 124mbps download and 11.44 upload on xbox one my latency however is on 156 which is lowest upto 200 the is nothing wrong with my setup i have nighthawk r7000 router . my main issue is delay......on all
    games always that slight second behin getting round corners and dropping?? shooting peope irst and getting dropped this is not your connection when i actually started looking austrailia europe uk all the same high latency and we all know optimal gaming is
    20-150 ping /latency/ms some worse than others so if someone with lower ping is basicly gonna kill you because your slightly behind (lag/delay) and reason i belive is ...............all of us outside of the US are coonecting to xboxlive via a server all
    the way in seattle,washington dont belive go ahead and check the are no servers in uk or else were this is why because asusual xbox dnt realy care we have all spent hundreds out on their products.............servers in uk xbox we spend enough money on your
    products i have 4 of the bricks . anyway back to the point lol speedtest on sppedtest.net and ping it to seattle and i bet like mine the readings are the same my ping /latency was 160ms lol my xboxone pings 156-159 most of the time so...... xbox stop being
    cheapskates and all gamers matter not just US POPULATION we pay just if not more for all the shipping costs too ........... please fix this and get servers in uk and if not uk atleast europe!!! why thankyou for this awful service
  3. Thorn of Hades Win User

High Network Latency

@ MAC, regardless of you're packet loss, your internet line needs fixed! We Xbox One owners are having network troubles with clean signals indeed. What I am saying is, if you're internet line is a mess, everything connected to it is going to be a mess. 5.9
    / 8.9db tells me your local DSLAM can barely hear / read your modem, you have bad cabling or major line noise. long story short, you're internet line is severely degraded and needs repaired, call your ISP have a tech come out to your residence and repair your
    line. Don't expect the Xbox one or any other device to work properly.
  4. Thorn of Hades Win User

High Network Latency

@ MAC You're ADSL SNR margins are way to low, you need at least an SNR of 12db to maintain a connection with no packet loss. You're modem is about to loose sync with DSLAM. You need to call you're ISP and get your line noise cleaned up first! Don't even
    bother trying to tweak the Xbox One.

For your info: www.dslreports.com/.../16220
  5. Xx ROZILLA xX Win User

High Network Latency

@ENGL15G N PROUD

it woul be better if you could open an own thread. This Thread is old.

The Problem you say (shoot around corners) is because of the bad net code used in some games. To solve this you can only use "traffic shaping" so you give your xbox max uplod of 1 Mbit for example. This way most of the Problems should be gone. But it's NOT
    QOS it's bandwithmanagement with "Traffic Shaping". I'm not sure if your router can do this if not I would ask Netgear if they could implement this.

Your latency has nothing to say because the Servers are in the USA. It would be better if MS would spred those test Servers all over the world :)
  6. MarkSelezenev Win User

High Network Latency

If you really wanna tinker around the router, QoS is the thing that your looking for. Quality of service
Thema:

1. Network latency very high - Similar Threads - Network latency very

2. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  3. Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...: Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it on my computer so i put in my pc the xbox 360 wifi adapter, and it show up under my device manager, but The...
  4. how to fix teredo error "Client on managed network"

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix teredo error "Client on managed network": My friend and I are trying to play astroneer for the last week, but we found tons of problems with toredo in Windows 11, and now we are stuck with this error "Client on managed network". To be...
  5. Network error when signing into Xbox 360 network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network error when signing into Xbox 360 network.: I’ve been having countless issues trying to play old 360 games on my Xbox x the past week or so. It began with me being unable to even download my account to not being able to connect to Xbox...
  6. Star Trek Armada 2 on windows 11. Home network multiplayer setup start to finish. I need a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Star Trek Armada 2 on windows 11. Home network multiplayer setup start to finish. I need a...: Operating System: Windows 11. I got the CD but I need someone to help me set up my network so I can play multiplayer on home network with an identical cpu and game. Someone knowledgeable in the...
  7. Xbox won't connect to Xbox Network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't connect to Xbox Network: My Series X console says it's connected to the Internet in the settings but when I'm on the homepage it says I'm offline. When I try to check my connection, it doesn't move past the "Checking...
  8. Why is it not an option to move captires from xbox network to internal storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it not an option to move captires from xbox network to internal storage?: As the subject states, since they're going to be deleting captures, I want them on something where they're not going tk be deleted at the mad whims of microsoft. I want my captures on my xbox...
  9. Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency...: Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency than when I test my speed through my xbox series x? 27f76be7-c89f-405b-89cc-afe45fbfbf6f
  10. High latency on xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    High latency on xbox network: Hello my name is nabil its been over a year or so thats need soultion to this problem gave me depression fifa or ea fc is the only reasone i play or bouth the game done evrything have my internet...