Network Issue on Xbox One; Stuck in "Checking Connection"

Discus and support Network Issue on Xbox One; Stuck in "Checking Connection" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; so i was recently trying to switch networks on my xbox, i had some trouble typing in the password, but essentially, my xbox accepted the wrong password... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Trukenheim, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Trukenheim
    Trukenheim Guest

so i was recently trying to switch networks on my xbox, i had some trouble typing in the password, but essentially, my xbox accepted the wrong password for the wifi i was trying to get on to and now im stuck in a "checking connection" loop. basically, everytime i click on a network it goes straight to checking connection before asking for the password. ive tried every method from hard resetting to clearing my mac address multiple times, to even forgetting as many networks as i can, and nothing seems to work. the only method i havent tried would be to factory reset my console, which im hesitant to do, since itll clear my reserved space for certain games (like fallout and skyrim).

also, even when i try to manually set up a connection, my xbox will only allow me to enter the ssid, and wont let me enter a password. whenever im disconnected from an internet, it will also say im still connected through an ipv4 connection in the advance settings, despite not being hooked up to a network. i believe my xbox thinks im still connected to a network, when im not or its still trying to connect me with a network i dont have the password for.

i also dont have any physical access to my wifi settings to make any changes to whatever devices are hooked up to it. i also dont have any access to my network to hook up a wired connection either. if anyone has had the same situation, similar, or might even know how to resolve my issue, please lmk, im kind of desperate for any solution that doesnt require me to factory reset my console.

:)

Trukenheim, Nov 8, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

I apologize but that will be our only option so we can connect to your network.
  3. Trukenheim Win User

im aware, its just that restoring my console will clear my reserved space, which is separate from my save data, my reserved space will be gone forever
  4. Trukenheim Win User

is there any option in which i dont have to reset my console? if i reset my console, itll clear the reserved space
  5. Francia J. Win User

Hi Trukenheim, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

In this case, we now need to reset your console keeping your games and apps. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  6. Francia J. Win User

That will be the only option, for now, don't worry, all your progress and saved data will just re-sync as long as you played your games while connected to Xbox Live.
Thema:

1. Network Issue on Xbox One; Stuck in "Checking Connection" - Similar Threads - Network Issue Stuck

2. Network issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network issue: I recently bought a refurbished xbox online from gamestop and it wont connect to the wifi. Sometimes if I'm lucky itll connect but I found out I need to switch to IPv6 I have IPv4 but I dont know...
  3. Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...: So I'm here to shed some light of the situation at the very least as Microsoft don't bother looking into the issue as it isn't really their issue to deal with nonetheless. Possible causes: ISP...
  4. Network transfer issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network transfer issue: I bought an Xbox series s my old Xbox was given to my younger brother. On the old Xbox I bought sea of thieves. When I went to network transfer it worked. Then I reset my Xbox and now I can’t play...
  5. Xbox series X network & games issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X network & games issue: my Xbox series x works fine and connects to wifi but won’t load games on wifi. Like any game pass game will come up with a message about it being a trial to buy the game or check the subscription...
  6. Network Delta issue to the point can't play

in XboX Insiders
    Network Delta issue to the point can't play: As of the 1st of the year something happened and everything is so slow it like my account is screwed up to the max! i've called tech support only to get blown of and pissed off! i have a 400...
  7. Please help, networking issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help, networking issue: Iv'e tried everything to connect to xbox live, but I keep getting "there is a problem with your connection" , I have done all the suggestions and the virtual agent, nothings working...
  8. Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues: I’m in a flat share with some other people so we all share the same internet. When we play with others over the internet party chat works fine. When we try to add each other from the same house...
  9. Xbox network issues and purchase and content usage and can't play a game without getting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox network issues and purchase and content usage and can't play a game without getting...: On my Xbox it says network connection good but Xbox service are having issues and been like that for a few days and I get kicked out of games and lag sometimes I've restarted my console removed my...
  10. Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues: I’m in a flat share with some other people so we all share the same internet. When we play with others over the internet party chat works fine. When we try to add each other from the same house...