Network Bridge

Discus and support Network Bridge in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am attempting to use an old mac book G4 (version 10.4.11) to receive wireless in my house and repeat it through an ethernet cable to my xbox. In an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rjf44, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Rjf44
    Rjf44 Guest

Network Bridge

I am attempting to use an old mac book G4 (version 10.4.11) to receive wireless in my house and repeat it through an ethernet cable to my xbox. In an attempt to create a cheap wireless receiver instead of the 60 to 100 dollar model microsoft sells and also
    to avoid buying 300 ft of ethernet cable. If anyone would like to provide insight on why it isn't working for me that would be great. So far I have allowed personal web sharing in the network sharing and also turned on internet sharing from air port to built
    in ethernet. If anyone can tell me why this isn't working I would be very appreciative. Just trying to do some online game as cost effectively as possible

:)

Rjf44, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Rjf44
    Rjf44 Guest
    Network Bridge

I am attempting to use an old mac book G4 (version 10.4.11) to receive wireless in my house and repeat it through an ethernet cable to my xbox. In an attempt to create a cheap wireless receiver instead of the 60 to 100 dollar model microsoft sells and also
    to avoid buy 300 ft of ethernet cable. If anyone would like to provide insight on why it isn't working for me that would be great. So far I have allowed personal web sharing in the network sharing and also turned on internet sharing from air port to built
    in ethernet. If anyone can tell me why this isn't working I would be very appreciative. Just trying to do some online game as cost effectively as possible.

Rjf44, Jan 5, 2014
  3. GMAN990
    GMAN990 Guest
    GMAN990, Jan 5, 2014
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

Network Bridge

Have you tried to connect to LIVE, as instructed from the
    following page
    , (Xbox 360) or if you connect with
    Xbox One

FYI, your console can't obtain an Open NAT behavior with this type of connectivity solution.

taidara, Jan 5, 2014
  5. Another possible way of doing it is buying a cheap wireless access point or router that can function as a wireless access point. $20-30 should get you a stand alone access point or router which you can place near your Xbox and then connect your Xbox to it
    with a short Ethernet cable. You will get the benefit of a full sized powered antenna plus most have multiple Ethernet ports so you can plug things like Smart TVs or other consoles into them which often don't have very capable Wifi built in.

-

Some will also act as both an access point and repeater meaning wherever it is it will re-broadcast extending and enhancing Wifi across your house.

-

DslReports AnandTech TomsHardware and other computer hardware and networking review websites often have really helpful forum members that can suggest the cheapest and best for your situation so I would try posting on one of those forums. I am sure there
    is probably even someone who could help you straighten out your G4 internet sharing solution.

Smiling Cat-FAB725BA-E75F-400C-9250-ECD9955C9C75, Oct 31, 2018
  6. GMAN990 Win User

Network Bridging

7. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

Network Bridge

Another possible way of doing it is buying a cheap wireless access point or router that can function as a wireless access point. $20-30 should get you a stand alone access point or router which you can place near your Xbox and then connect your Xbox to it
    with a short Ethernet cable. You will get the benefit of a full sized powered antenna plus most have multiple Ethernet ports so you can plug things like Smart TVs or other consoles into them which often don't have very capable Wifi built in.

-

Some will also act as both an access point and repeater meaning wherever it is it will re-broadcast extending and enhancing Wifi across your house.

-

DslReports AnandTech TomsHardware and other computer hardware and networking review websites often have really helpful forum members that can suggest the cheapest and best for your situation so I would try posting on one of those forums. I am sure there
    is probably even someone who could help you straighten out your G4 internet sharing solution.
  8. taidara Win User

Network Bridge

Have you tried to connect to LIVE, as instructed from the
    following page
    , (Xbox 360) or if you connect with
    Xbox One

FYI, your console can't obtain an Open NAT behavior with this type of connectivity solution.
  9. TimeQFX Win User

Network Bridging

It sounds like the xbox cannot lease an IP address from the DHCP server usually ran by the router. Have you ensured the network adapter is configured to the same SSID of the router with the same type of security authentication? I have seen where some update
    their router to run WPA2 personal but forgot to update other devices from WEP. You could also attempt to run a cat5 cable to the xbox from the router to see if you can obtain a wired connection. This would tell you if your adapter has kicked the bucket.
  10. Miss Portia Win User

Network Bridging

Hi SpinTard! That's no good, but we'll get you back up and gaming in no time. :) We'll need a bit more information though! Can you review our Start Here sticky (forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx),
    and post the information we request in bold at the bottom? This will allow us to dig a little deeper into what your console is trying to say is wrong. :) Thanks!
Thema:

Network Bridge

1. Network Bridge - Similar Threads - Network Bridge

2. Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?: I had a previous question about this, but I did some more testing and found more info that may help determine the problem. Essentially whenever I take a game clip I can access it through the...
  3. Why is Xbox Live network not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Xbox Live network not working?: I have been playing the Witcher 2 lately and when I try to connect the emulator to the internet it gives me a connection error even though my Xbox is connected to the internet. Is there a fix for...
  4. My Xbox one X is connected to the internet, but says i'm not connected to the Xbox network.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one X is connected to the internet, but says i'm not connected to the Xbox network.: My xbox X has not been used in 6 weeks. I turned it on today and it said I it was August 2019, though it had been used previously in 2024. I connected to the internet after chaanging the date...
  5. Can't sing in Xbox network for Sea Of Thieves.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sing in Xbox network for Sea Of Thieves.: Hi, operating on Windows 11 and I used to play SOT 1-2 years ago through Steam and now I'm getting the "You must be signed in to the Xbox network to play Sea of Thieves. Please sign in and try...
  6. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  7. Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...: Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it on my computer so i put in my pc the xbox 360 wifi adapter, and it show up under my device manager, but The...
  8. how to fix teredo error "Client on managed network"

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix teredo error "Client on managed network": My friend and I are trying to play astroneer for the last week, but we found tons of problems with toredo in Windows 11, and now we are stuck with this error "Client on managed network". To be...
  9. Network error when signing into Xbox 360 network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network error when signing into Xbox 360 network.: I’ve been having countless issues trying to play old 360 games on my Xbox x the past week or so. It began with me being unable to even download my account to not being able to connect to Xbox...
  10. Star Trek Armada 2 on windows 11. Home network multiplayer setup start to finish. I need a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Star Trek Armada 2 on windows 11. Home network multiplayer setup start to finish. I need a...: Operating System: Windows 11. I got the CD but I need someone to help me set up my network so I can play multiplayer on home network with an identical cpu and game. Someone knowledgeable in the...