Network Bridge

Discus and support Network Bridge in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am attempting to use an old mac book G4 (version 10.4.11) to receive wireless in my house and repeat it through an ethernet cable to my xbox. In an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rjf44, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Rjf44
    Rjf44 Guest

Network Bridge

I am attempting to use an old mac book G4 (version 10.4.11) to receive wireless in my house and repeat it through an ethernet cable to my xbox. In an attempt to create a cheap wireless receiver instead of the 60 to 100 dollar model microsoft sells and also
    to avoid buy 300 ft of ethernet cable. If anyone would like to provide insight on why it isn't working for me that would be great. So far I have allowed personal web sharing in the network sharing and also turned on internet sharing from air port to built
    in ethernet. If anyone can tell me why this isn't working I would be very appreciative. Just trying to do some online game as cost effectively as possible.

:)

Rjf44, Jan 5, 2014
  2. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Network Bridge

Have you tried to connect to LIVE, as instructed from the
    following page
    , (Xbox 360) or if you connect with
    Xbox One

FYI, your console can't obtain an Open NAT behavior with this type of connectivity solution.

taidara, Jan 5, 2014
  3. Network Bridge

Another possible way of doing it is buying a cheap wireless access point or router that can function as a wireless access point. $20-30 should get you a stand alone access point or router which you can place near your Xbox and then connect your Xbox to it
    with a short Ethernet cable. You will get the benefit of a full sized powered antenna plus most have multiple Ethernet ports so you can plug things like Smart TVs or other consoles into them which often don't have very capable Wifi built in.

-

Some will also act as both an access point and repeater meaning wherever it is it will re-broadcast extending and enhancing Wifi across your house.

-

DslReports AnandTech TomsHardware and other computer hardware and networking review websites often have really helpful forum members that can suggest the cheapest and best for your situation so I would try posting on one of those forums. I am sure there
    is probably even someone who could help you straighten out your G4 internet sharing solution.

Smiling Cat-FAB725BA-E75F-400C-9250-ECD9955C9C75, Jan 5, 2014
  4. GMAN990 Win User

Network Bridging

5. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

Network Bridge

Another possible way of doing it is buying a cheap wireless access point or router that can function as a wireless access point. $20-30 should get you a stand alone access point or router which you can place near your Xbox and then connect your Xbox to it
    with a short Ethernet cable. You will get the benefit of a full sized powered antenna plus most have multiple Ethernet ports so you can plug things like Smart TVs or other consoles into them which often don't have very capable Wifi built in.

-

Some will also act as both an access point and repeater meaning wherever it is it will re-broadcast extending and enhancing Wifi across your house.

-

DslReports AnandTech TomsHardware and other computer hardware and networking review websites often have really helpful forum members that can suggest the cheapest and best for your situation so I would try posting on one of those forums. I am sure there
    is probably even someone who could help you straighten out your G4 internet sharing solution.
  6. taidara Win User

Network Bridge

Have you tried to connect to LIVE, as instructed from the
    following page
    , (Xbox 360) or if you connect with
    Xbox One

FYI, your console can't obtain an Open NAT behavior with this type of connectivity solution.
  7. TimeQFX Win User

Network Bridging

It sounds like the xbox cannot lease an IP address from the DHCP server usually ran by the router. Have you ensured the network adapter is configured to the same SSID of the router with the same type of security authentication? I have seen where some update
    their router to run WPA2 personal but forgot to update other devices from WEP. You could also attempt to run a cat5 cable to the xbox from the router to see if you can obtain a wired connection. This would tell you if your adapter has kicked the bucket.
  8. Miss Portia Win User

Network Bridging

Hi SpinTard! That's no good, but we'll get you back up and gaming in no time. :) We'll need a bit more information though! Can you review our Start Here sticky (forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx),
    and post the information we request in bold at the bottom? This will allow us to dig a little deeper into what your console is trying to say is wrong. :) Thanks!
Thema:

Network Bridge

1. Network Bridge - Similar Threads - Network Bridge

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. My xbox one will not connect to my network even though all other devices in the house are

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one will not connect to my network even though all other devices in the house are: Im visiting family and brought my xbox with me and when i set it up to use it worked just fine. I turned it off when i was done and came back a few hours later to find that it disconnected from...
  4. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  5. How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?: My Microsoft account is unfortunately linked to a PlayStation Network account that is not my own. I am not sure how long that account has been connected to my Microsoft account, but I was only...
  6. Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...: Updates are downloading, and the "check network connection" says all services are available and I am connected. However, the store won't load and multiplayer doesn't seem to work....
  7. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  8. 2 Xboxes same network voice chat problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 Xboxes same network voice chat problems: We have 2 Xboxes, an Xbox One Series X and an Xbox One X. Both running Plantronics wireless headsets. NAT is open. State of the art Black Hawk router current Gen $700 I paid for it. These xboxes...
  9. Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...: I thought that Xbox was only deleting it for players who exceeded the storage limit but instead did it to everyone. Why Microsoft, you are literally the richest company in this world yet you can't...
  10. Xbox one will not conect to wifi or any network - it does not see any networks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one will not conect to wifi or any network - it does not see any networks.: So, I am not very smart when it comes to technology and this is my boyfriends Xbox One that is not working. He has had this for years and it has worked perfectly until the last couple of days. It...