Netgear Netgear WNDR3400: Need help with my NAT type

Discus and support Netgear Netgear WNDR3400: Need help with my NAT type in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Netgear (Routers) Netgear WNDR3400: Need help with my NAT type I have been trying everything to get my NAT type open but nothing works because no one... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by zLemonProz, Oct 1, 2017.

1. zLemonProz
    zLemonProz Guest

Netgear (Routers) Netgear WNDR3400: Need help with my NAT type
    I have been trying everything to get my NAT type open but nothing works because no one has the same NAT type as mine:

NAT type: Strict

Your network is behind a port-symmetric NAT

its very frustrating having a strict NAT type so please help

:)

zLemonProz, Oct 1, 2017
  2. DavidTjalsma
    DavidTjalsma Guest
    NETGEAR WNDR3400-100NAS compatible with multiple 360's in the same house?

Hello Everone!

I need a really good router that will allow multiple 360's to be connect to xbox live without a Strict NAT type.

On the Xbox Live Compatible Hardware page, it lists the NETGEAR WNDR3400 but not the WNDR3400-100NAS.

I am just curious if I will have the same luck with the 100NAS version?

DavidTjalsma, Oct 1, 2017
  3. GMAN990
    GMAN990 Guest
    GMAN990, Oct 1, 2017
  4. GMAN990 Win User

Xbox Live Connection Problem

5. leonard1111 Win User

Mw3 Connection Issues

Router is N600 Dual Band NETGEAR WNDR3400
  6. Xxi5WAGxX Win User

Network behind a port symmetric NAT

I just purchased an XBOX one. My NAT type is at strict and I've done everything i can find to do to open it up.. basically i can never find any games to play either on GTA V or Diablo 3.. Before selling my xbox for a PS4 Id like to know if anyone can help
    me. I have ATT DSL and a netgear router WNDR3400
  7. bendres97 Win User

Netgear Netgear WNDR3400: Can't get OPEN NAT through router

Here is a potential solution for you
    1. Login to your router
    You can do this by navigating to your gateway in your internet browser (I recommend using a PC for this but it can probably be done on the Xbox browser). To find your gateway, go to your network details in Xbox or run ipconfig in your cmd window
    on your PC.

For example, let's say your gateway is 192.168.0.1. To login to your router, type
    http://192.168.0.1 into your browser. Change this IP address accordingly to match your gateway, just make sure you put http:// in front of it.

You can login to the WNDR3400 router using "admin" as the username. The password, unless you have changed it, is password. NOTE: Change this password if you haven't already.

2. Click the Advanced tab -> Advanced Setup -> IPv6
    This opens your IPv6 settings. These are set to disabled by default. To change this setting, click the drop-down on the right side of the screen and change it to Auto Detect.

Click Apply Settings

3. After waiting a full minute, click Status Refresh
    Allow the status to refresh, and then check to see if it updates. If it still says detecting... then wait a few minutes and try again.

4. Check your NAT type on your Xbox
    Navigate back to your Xbox Network Settings and test your NAT. It should now say that it is open.
  8. KurtBumbulis Win User

Replaced old model xbox with brand new one - won't connect to the wifi

Hello. THank you in advance.

I have a Netgear N600 WNDR3400

modem is Arris TM822

both supplied by cablevision
Thema:

1. Netgear Netgear WNDR3400: Need help with my NAT type - Similar Threads - Netgear Netgear WNDR3400

2. I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Can’t get rid of double nat....

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Can’t get rid of double nat....: I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Can’t get rid of double nat. Help? de77dfab-8015-4fc4-8f14-51f0175cd6f9
  3. How Do I Connect With MYWIFIEXT for Netgear Extender Setup Via Mywifiext.net or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Connect With MYWIFIEXT for Netgear Extender Setup Via Mywifiext.net or...: I have New a Xbox console for playing Online games. I wanted to play games online and connect to my friends but I am unable to play Online games as my Netgear Range Extender is not connected with...
  4. How Do I Connect My Netgear Extender With My Xbox Game Console Via www.mywifiext.net?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Connect My Netgear Extender With My Xbox Game Console Via www.mywifiext.net?: Hello, I recently got a new Xbox game console, but I am unable to play since my Netgear Extender is not connected to it. I have followed the steps below to connect the extender to the Xbox...
  5. How Do I Connect With www.mywifiext.net for Netgear WiFi Range Extender Via Mywifiext.net...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Connect With www.mywifiext.net for Netgear WiFi Range Extender Via Mywifiext.net...: I have recently purchased a Xbox console for playing video games online because here in my city lockdown is going on and I wanted to play video games online and connect with my friends but I am...
  6. : How do I install my Netgear Range Extender Setup?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : How do I install my Netgear Range Extender Setup?: : How do I install my Netgear Range Extender Setup? Hello.. here is the step by step guide:- * Plug in your extender. ... * Connect your computer or mobile device to the extender's WiFi network....
  7. : R9000 Netgear router slow download and upload while connected with ethernet. cat 6a cable

: R9000 Netgear router slow download and upload while connected with ethernet. cat 6a cable: : R9000 Netgear router (didn't have the option to pick so picked R7000) slow download and upload while connected with ethernet. cat 6a cable Hello there @sleepshooter, I hope everything is going...
  8. Netgear Netgear WNDR3400: Why is my internet speed topping out at roughly 72Mpbs on both wired ...

Netgear Netgear WNDR3400: Why is my internet speed topping out at roughly 72Mpbs on both wired ...: Netgear (Routers) Netgear WNDR3400: Why is my internet speed topping out at roughly 72Mpbs on both wired and wireless devices? Have you tried switching to a Cat 6 to see if that helps? You could...
  9. Netgear Netgear WNDR3400: Wep over wpa

Netgear Netgear WNDR3400: Wep over wpa: Netgear (Routers) Netgear WNDR3400: Wep over wpa my router is set up on wpa but my Xbox 360 is only letting me do wep and I don’t want to take down my password just for my Xbox...
  10. Netgear Netgear WNDR3400: Can't get OPEN NAT through router

Netgear Netgear WNDR3400: Can't get OPEN NAT through router: Netgear (Routers) Netgear WNDR3400: Can't get OPEN NAT through router Here is a potential solution for you 1. Login to your router You can do this by navigating to your gateway in your internet...