Netgear: Firewall

Discus and support Netgear: Firewall in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Netgear (Routers): Firewall Netgear JNR3210 Login Information Gateway - 192.168.1.1, 10.0.0.1, or http://routerlogin.net Username - admin Password... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by XB1R Hades, Apr 27, 2014.

1. XB1R Hades
    XB1R Hades Guest

Netgear (Routers): Firewall
    Netgear JNR3210

Login Information

Netgear Smart Wizard - Light Blue

Firewall

1. Login to router by entering http://routerlogin.net in to the address bar or by entering the default gateway IP address.
    2. The router will then prompt you to enter the user name and password. The default user name and password are: "admin", "password".
    3. From the menu on the left select WAN Setup.
    4. Check the Disable SPI Firewall box.
    5. Change NAT filtering from secured to Open.

Netgear Genie - Black/Purple

Firewall

1. Login to router by entering http://routerlogin.net in to the address bar or by entering the default gateway IP address.
    2. The router will then prompt you to enter the username and password. The default user name and password are: "admin", "password".
    3. Select the Advanced tab from the tabs at the top.
    4. Select Setup from the menu on the left.
    5. From the submenu select WAN Setup.
    6. Check the Disable SPI Firewall box.
    7. Change NAT Filtering from secured to Open.

:)

XB1R Hades, Apr 27, 2014
  2. XB1R Apollo
    XB1R Apollo Guest

Login Information

Netgear Smart Wizard - Light Blue

Firewall

1. Login to router by entering
      http://routerlogin.net
      in to the address bar or by entering the default gateway IP address.
    2. The router will then prompt you to enter the user name and password.the default user name and password are: "admin", "password".
    5. Change NAT Filtering from secured to Open.

Netgear Genie - Black/Purple

Firewall

2. The router will then prompt you to enter the username and password.

the default user name and password are: "admin", "password".
    4. Select Setup setup from the menu on the left.

XB1R Apollo, Apr 27, 2014
  3. XB1R Athena
    XB1R Athena Guest

Netgear WNR1000

Login Information

• Gateway - 192.168.1.1, 10.0.0.1, or routerlogin.net
    • Username - admin
    • Password – password

Netgear - Smart Wizard- Light Blue

Firewall

2. The router will then prompt you to enter the user name and password.the default user name and password are: "admin", "password".
    5. Change NAT Filtering from secured to Open.

Netgear - Genie - Black/Purple

Firewall

2. The router will then prompt you to enter the username and password.

the default user name and password are: "admin", "password".
    4. Select Setup setup from the menu on the left.

XB1R Athena, Apr 27, 2014
  4. Mr BOONEs DAD Win User

I do not see an "SPI Firewall box"...I am pretty uneducated when it comes to this stuff, so it may be right in front of my face but in a different wording, and I wouldn't be able to tell. Help!
  5. iToxic Denial Win User

XBL UPDATE FAILED, status code below

Doesn't matter, I fixed it.. My Netgear firewall was blocking facebook and that was probably why the xbox couldn't download the update.
  6. TheEdge41 Win User

media center "disconnects" once Xbox live is connected

hi

Yes:

netgear n300 wireless router

Windows 7 Os with avg anti-virus ( did run the "fix" avg suggested fro its firewall)

Regards

Andre
  7. CB Rebel Win User

Cannot connect to specific friend

Thanks for the info Badkd404 Have you tried to disable the firewall on the arris residential gateway? If you only have the default login for it you may not be able to see the firewall option(most isps have different login for it) default for arris i believe
    is admin 1234 If the companys login is the same as most others try login- MSO (make sure its caps) and password- changeme (tough one i know) if that allows you to login look for firewall option and disable that.

and back ti Pantsthechicken- are you positive its a belkin router you have? I know netgear makes a N150 router and if so you can try to do the same with the SPI firewall built into the netgear(belkin has it to so still try if i am mistaken)

please let me know how this works out

Thanks
  8. Hodfourtwenty Win User

Technicolor: Bridging Guide

but if you go into the router gateway then local ip connection there is a enable bridge mode button Is it fake? I enabled it everything lost connection then connected it to netgear no difference still lagging horribly if its not truly bridged that might
    be the problem then huh I do notice the firewall deny logs flashing up every 3-4 seconds in the log if its bridged? the firewall seems to be the culprit.
Thema:

1. Netgear: Firewall - Similar Threads - Netgear Firewall

2. I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Can’t get rid of double nat....

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Can’t get rid of double nat....: I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Can’t get rid of double nat. Help? de77dfab-8015-4fc4-8f14-51f0175cd6f9
  3. How Do I Connect With MYWIFIEXT for Netgear Extender Setup Via Mywifiext.net or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Connect With MYWIFIEXT for Netgear Extender Setup Via Mywifiext.net or...: I have New a Xbox console for playing Online games. I wanted to play games online and connect to my friends but I am unable to play Online games as my Netgear Range Extender is not connected with...
  4. How Do I Connect My Netgear Extender With My Xbox Game Console Via www.mywifiext.net?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Connect My Netgear Extender With My Xbox Game Console Via www.mywifiext.net?: Hello, I recently got a new Xbox game console, but I am unable to play since my Netgear Extender is not connected to it. I have followed the steps below to connect the extender to the Xbox...
  5. How Do I Connect With www.mywifiext.net for Netgear WiFi Range Extender Via Mywifiext.net...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Connect With www.mywifiext.net for Netgear WiFi Range Extender Via Mywifiext.net...: I have recently purchased a Xbox console for playing video games online because here in my city lockdown is going on and I wanted to play video games online and connect with my friends but I am...
  6. : How do I install my Netgear Range Extender Setup?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : How do I install my Netgear Range Extender Setup?: : How do I install my Netgear Range Extender Setup? Hello.. here is the step by step guide:- * Plug in your extender. ... * Connect your computer or mobile device to the extender's WiFi network....
  7. : R9000 Netgear router slow download and upload while connected with ethernet. cat 6a cable

: R9000 Netgear router slow download and upload while connected with ethernet. cat 6a cable: : R9000 Netgear router (didn't have the option to pick so picked R7000) slow download and upload while connected with ethernet. cat 6a cable Hello there @sleepshooter, I hope everything is going...
  8. How to Resolve Netgear mywifiext.net configurtaion Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to Resolve Netgear mywifiext.net configurtaion Problem: Facing problem related to installation or login of NetgearWi-Fi Extender? Consult www.mywifiext.net which have team of professionals to guide you in all the problems related to Wi-Fi setup. Our...
  9. Mywifiext.net Netgear Wifi Range Extender Setup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mywifiext.net Netgear Wifi Range Extender Setup: If you are attempting to link to the mywifiext.net setup or the latest extender configuration tab, you will be landing at the right spot. To complete your Netgear extender setup follow the steps...
  10. : NETGEAR WARNING: Recent firmware releases are corrupt

: NETGEAR WARNING: Recent firmware releases are corrupt: : NETGEAR WARNING: Recent firmware releases are corrupt I bought myself a Netgear Knighthawk X6S (R8000P)-AC4000, which had very strong reviews across multiple sources. And it is a very nice...