Netflix video quality on X1

Discus and support Netflix video quality on X1 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello I did a search and couldn't find a relevant post. Does anyone else have issues with the video quality from Netflix on X1? I can rent XBOX Video... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jason_o12, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Jason_o12
    Jason_o12 Guest

Hello I did a search and couldn't find a relevant post.

Does anyone else have issues with the video quality from Netflix on X1?

I can rent XBOX Video movies and watch them streaming in HD, but the Netflix quality is just horrible. Is there something in the settings that I am missing?

My connection isn't an issue, ~65mps through a Net Gear R6300

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Jason_o12, Jan 7, 2014
  2. ericdsa
    ericdsa Guest
    For those with Netflix Video Quality Issues, please try this and report your findings.

I traditionally watch Netflix on my AppleTV Gen 3, the quality is always excellent, It is connected wifi but is near router. When I got my XBox One, I connected it wifi at the same tv as the AppleTV. I had good video on day 1, but low quality on day 2, but
    also with Amazon Prime video. I moved the XBox One to ethernet and the video got better for a period. Unfortunately the quality is often low.

AppleTV 5800 at 1920x1080 (Went immediately to that, dropped to 3800 shortly and back up)

X1 (first test) 3800 at 1920x1080 (started at 5xx and then climbed)

X1 (second test) 5800 at 1920x1080 (started at 5xx and climbed)

I would guess that Netflix may be treating the client differently - but since I also have problems with Amazon Prime video, I would blame the X1.

ericdsa, Jan 7, 2014
  3. ericdsa
    ericdsa Guest
    quality test results Netflix

I traditionally watch Netflix on my AppleTV Gen 3, the quality is always excellent, It is connected wifi but is near router. When I got my XBox One, I connected it wifi at the same tv as the AppleTV. I had good video on day 1, but low quality on day 2, but
    also with Amazon Prime video. I moved the XBox One to ethernet and the video got better for a period. Unfortunately the quality is often low.

AppleTV 5800 at 1920x1080 (Went immediately to that, dropped to 3800 shortly and back up)

X1 (first test) 3800 at 1920x1080 (started at 5xx and then climbed)

X1 (second test) 5800 at 1920x1080 (started at 5xx and climbed)

I would guess that Netflix may be treating the client differently - but since I also have problems with Amazon Prime video, I would blame the X1.

ericdsa, Jan 7, 2014
  4. Wanorios
    Wanorios Guest

no issues here as well and i have a 25mps

Wanorios, Jan 7, 2014
  5. The picture will vary depending on how well the video is buffering at the time. I often find that the first few minutes of anything I stream can be a little sketch with constant shifts from glorious HD to something that looked bad on Youtube 5 years ago.
    After the first few minutes it all seems to settle in to good quality HD video.

-

If you're only having the issue with Netflix then the issue could be on their end, perhaps a high traffic time of day. Sometimes though, if this problem happens to me I turn the Xbox off and use my Smart TV instead. Do you have anything else you could stream
    Netflix with?

Dynamic Sausage, Jan 7, 2014
  6. Jason_o12
    Jason_o12 Guest
    Dynamic Sausage, Thanks for the response

I usually go to my Wii U when the X1 gets bad.

-

I was just hoping that there was some random item in the settings that I didn't check. haha

Jason_o12, Jan 7, 2014
  7. JamesAK 47
    JamesAK 47 Guest
    When I watch movies on Netflix with my xb1 its hd but runs the movie at like 10 fps its really bad. I switch to my 360 and it runs the movie flawlessly. I have great internet, I don't know why this happens.

JamesAK 47, Jan 7, 2014
  8. Netflix video quality on X1

By the sounds of it, everybody is having similar problems that go away when they use something else. Hopefully we'll see a software patch soon and our troubles will be over.

Dynamic Sausage, Jan 7, 2014
  9. Kasaris
    Kasaris Guest
    Same for me. Netflix on my X1 looks like crap and never seems to go HD and buffers frequently. If I switch over to my HTPC and use Netflix within Windows Media Center it goes HD after about a min and then stays there the entire time without buffering.

Kasaris, Jan 7, 2014
  10. Zero Divided
    Zero Divided Guest
    same here, may or may not be related, but i noticed a degrade in quality after i setup the port forwarding on my router to get the NAT open.

Zero Divided, Jan 7, 2014
  11. Karma403
    Karma403 Guest
    I'm going test this, this weekend, I usually don't watch Netflix on X1, I will post results

Karma403, Jan 7, 2014
  12. Jason_o12
    Jason_o12 Guest
    Awesome Karma, let us know!

Jason_o12, Jan 7, 2014
  13. Netflix video quality on X1

I will run the movie/ tv show give it a min or two to buffer if it still looks like crap just stop it back out and replay it again usually works for me.

DJ SANDSTORM407, Jan 7, 2014
  14. drivesafely
    drivesafely Guest
    I had problems with both Netflix and Amazon streaming and I changed the channel of my 5ghz router signal to a lower channel. The higher the channel gives a more powerful signal and can reach further in my house but the lower channel showed a less powerful
    connection but same speed and it works for streaming both Netflix and Amazon. I think its maybe interference from the built in WIFI Direct in the Xone as I have used the same 5ghz channel on all my other 360s and pc and never had a problem. That part is
    a guess of course. But lowering the channel did fix mine, I just have to use the 2.4 signal in the far part of my home because the 5 will not travel as far.

drivesafely, Jan 7, 2014
  15. vikingland1
    vikingland1 Guest
    I just checked my Netflix again and it still works great . Have you guys that are having issues tried using a wired connection instead of wi-fi?

vikingland1, Jan 7, 2014
Thema:

1. Netflix video quality on X1 - Similar Threads - Netflix video quality

2. Netflix and prime video no longer launch after update this week 4th oct 2023

in XBoX on Windows
    Netflix and prime video no longer launch after update this week 4th oct 2023: Since the update this week both netflix and prime video no longer launch. When you click on them literally nothing happens, the app doesn't even try to open. They were both working just before the...
  3. I use the xbox s to stream netflix. It starts to blink. Sound is not affected, only video.

in XBoX on Windows
    I use the xbox s to stream netflix. It starts to blink. Sound is not affected, only video.: I use the xbox s to stream netflix, amazon, hulu, max and disney. It is connected to a denon s740H and a samsung ks800D. after watching for about 30 or more minutes, the video from any streaming...
  4. Netflix stops playing video when I turn off my series x controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Netflix stops playing video when I turn off my series x controller: Has never done this but when watching a video on Netflix and I turn off my controller, like I have for as long as I remember and never had a problem, but now it stops playing the video…. What did...
  5. Xbox one all video streaming services (Netflix, Amazon, Disney) not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one all video streaming services (Netflix, Amazon, Disney) not working: Hi have tried resetting the console, factory reset and alternative MAC address but my Disney app won’t even load and Netflix/Amazon says something is wrong when I start any series. Any suggestions...
  6. On X Series both Prime and Netflix will play but the video is completely distorted and you...

in XBoX on Windows
    On X Series both Prime and Netflix will play but the video is completely distorted and you...: Has anyone had this issue before? HBO Max, Youtube etc don't this. If I use same apps on tv they play fine. 5f09f9a3-f2c7-489a-a629-18c1a7dbac86
  7. My Xbox goes idle while using any video app like Netflix and twitch

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox goes idle while using any video app like Netflix and twitch: My Xbox goes idle while using any video app like Netflix or twitch. Just started doing this a couple of days ago. Does anyone know how to fix this? d9fe883c-7cfc-4998-9ca5-604a3b36bb22
  8. Netflix video not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix video not working: My netflix works on all my devices except xbox one x. Is there anything wrong with my xbox or is it the app? 37a15947-b6c5-41a3-afb4-8debd34cc179
  9. Streaming apps such as netflix or Prime Video cause my video to lose signal

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Streaming apps such as netflix or Prime Video cause my video to lose signal: This is a new issue that just presented itself today. When ever I launch any streaming app I lose the video signal. Audio is still coming through just no picture. As far as my TV I can...
  10. Xbox game bar takes clips of netflix when im asleep and deletes video files from my computer

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar takes clips of netflix when im asleep and deletes video files from my computer: The subject says it all, I read the may update for windows was trash and deleted peoples files so i stopped all updates until mid june then i accidentally updated , 3 days later I notice whenever...