Netflix stops playing video when I turn off my series x controller

Discus and support Netflix stops playing video when I turn off my series x controller in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Has never done this but when watching a video on Netflix and I turn off my controller, like I have for as long as I remember and never had a problem,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by RyanChillson, Nov 24, 2022.

1. RyanChillson
    RyanChillson Guest

Has never done this but when watching a video on Netflix and I turn off my controller, like I have for as long as I remember and never had a problem, but now it stops playing the video…. What did I do

:)

RyanChillson, Nov 24, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this RyanChillson

Additional information is needed, please tell me:

What console do you have?

Are you using an insider build / beta OS in your profile?

Is this happening only with this app or if you try a different app something similar happens?

Do you know if your controller or the console received an update recently?

And, what did you tried so far to fix this

In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  3. ChristoJ Win User

Xbox series x controller disconnecting (latest firmware)

I have the Robot White X Series controller, with all firmware updates. I use it on my PC via blutooth. I continue to have this issue as well as long as vibration is enabled. Try turning off vibration (we shouldnt have to) to stop the controller from disconnecting. But when will we have a REAL RESOLUTION MICROSOFT?!?!?!!?
  4. Aid7145 Win User

XBOX controller automatically turns off

I have the same issue. It's okay when watching NETFLIX with a headset connected but Amazon Prime Video turns off the controller. It's very irritating.

Connecting a USB cable is unacceptable. The controller is supposed to be wireless. I'm not using a blooming charging cable because then the controller won't be wireless. Not sure if it makes a difference but I'm using rechargable batteries and the headset
    adaptor and Xbox One X
  5. Just a Volunteer Win User

Xbox Series X double starts

Hi,

I have an xbox series x. When turning the xbox on with a controller the system will turn on then immediately turn off and start again.
    Does this happen if you use the console on/off button?

Is the console OS and the controller firmware up to date?
  6. lacurra-05E83527-5E6 Win User

My games are not downloading when I turn the Xbox off and instant mode is on

I'm having the same issue but with my series X. Downloads fine while on but as soon as i turn it off (in instant on mode) everything stops
Thema:

1. Netflix stops playing video when I turn off my series x controller - Similar Threads - Netflix stops playing

2. Netflix issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Netflix issue: Xbox S question. My controller no longer works, so I've been using the My Xbox apps "console controller" option to work my console. It works fine for everything except my Netflix. I just renewed...
  3. My xbox is connected to wifi and I can use YouTube and Netflix just fine. But it says I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox is connected to wifi and I can use YouTube and Netflix just fine. But it says I...: When I connect to my phone Hotspot it works. And my ps4 works perfectly fine on the wifi. I've tried everything even reseting my xbox 4b418d12-66a4-4a94-b11a-eba588e06538
  4. Netflix stops playing if my controller turns off or I disconnect the charge cable

in XBoX on Windows
    Netflix stops playing if my controller turns off or I disconnect the charge cable: Hi everyone been having problems with netflix recently where if my controller turns off for being idle for too long or if I disconnect the charge cable on my eliet 2 it stops playing what I'm...
  5. My Netflix has stopped working on my xbox one. The app appears to freeze when I go into it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Netflix has stopped working on my xbox one. The app appears to freeze when I go into it...: My Netflix has stopped working on my xbox one. The app appears to freeze when I go into it and I am not able to get it to respond to any controller buttons (accept/back/log in etc) other than...
  6. xbox one connects to router, but wont allow internet access (netflix shows stop at 25% buffer)

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one connects to router, but wont allow internet access (netflix shows stop at 25% buffer): Hi all, this only started 2 days ago, cannot explain why. We have not changed any settings. Netflix shows stop buffering at 25%, games will not load. Cannot connect to Xbox live. I connect...
  7. Netflix app stop working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix app stop working: It seems a diffused issue. The app start loading the content but stop at least at 25%, always with same error. Same behavior it's happening with the Sony TV Android. There is something went...
  8. netflix stop working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    netflix stop working: all of a sudden Netflix stop working 174c8878-c677-4fa9-a35f-f0124eff7c9a
  9. Netflix auto play won't stop even though feature is turned off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix auto play won't stop even though feature is turned off: I just got my Xbox One July 30, 2014 and installed the Netflix app. I can sign in and use it no problem, but every time I watch an episode from a series it auto plays to the next episode giving me...
  10. Netflix app won't stop auto playing episodes even though feature is turned off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix app won't stop auto playing episodes even though feature is turned off: I just got my Xbox One July 30, 2014 and installed the Netflix app. I can sign in and use it no problem, but every time I watch an episode from a series it auto plays to the next episode giving me...