Netflix stops playing video when I turn off my series x controller

Discus and support Netflix stops playing video when I turn off my series x controller in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Has never done this but when watching a video on Netflix and I turn off my controller, like I have for as long as I remember and never had a problem,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by RyanChillson, Nov 24, 2022.

1. RyanChillson
    RyanChillson Guest

Has never done this but when watching a video on Netflix and I turn off my controller, like I have for as long as I remember and never had a problem, but now it stops playing the video…. What did I do

:)

RyanChillson, Nov 24, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this RyanChillson

Additional information is needed, please tell me:

What console do you have?

Are you using an insider build / beta OS in your profile?

Is this happening only with this app or if you try a different app something similar happens?

Do you know if your controller or the console received an update recently?

And, what did you tried so far to fix this

In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  3. ChristoJ Win User

Xbox series x controller disconnecting (latest firmware)

I have the Robot White X Series controller, with all firmware updates. I use it on my PC via blutooth. I continue to have this issue as well as long as vibration is enabled. Try turning off vibration (we shouldnt have to) to stop the controller from disconnecting. But when will we have a REAL RESOLUTION MICROSOFT?!?!?!!?
  4. lacurra-05E83527-5E6 Win User

My games are not downloading when I turn the Xbox off and instant mode is on

I'm having the same issue but with my series X. Downloads fine while on but as soon as i turn it off (in instant on mode) everything stops
  5. Aid7145 Win User

XBOX controller automatically turns off

I have the same issue. It's okay when watching NETFLIX with a headset connected but Amazon Prime Video turns off the controller. It's very irritating.

Connecting a USB cable is unacceptable. The controller is supposed to be wireless. I'm not using a blooming charging cable because then the controller won't be wireless. Not sure if it makes a difference but I'm using rechargable batteries and the headset
    adaptor and Xbox One X
  6. J.R.G. Win User

"I find the lack of your Elite Controller disturbing."

PowerA JUST released a competitor to the Elite Controller called the FUSION Pro. It is half the price of the Elite Controller, doesn't look as "cool" and it is Wired.
    I would seriously stop playing video games if they went back to wired controllers. It's also part of the reason I prefer X Box controllers over the PS4; if the battery dies on the PS4 controller when I'm playing, it gets turned off even in the middle of
    a game. I never, ever, ever, want to play using a wired controller. -_- Lol.

Peace, J.R.
Thema:

1. Netflix stops playing video when I turn off my series x controller - Similar Threads - Netflix stops playing

2. Netflix app stops downloading at 95% on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix app stops downloading at 95% on Xbox One: Hi, I hope somebody can help here. Half a year ago my Netlix app on Xbox One (first generation I think) did not work anymore. So, I decided to delete it and install it again. Now the app did not...
  3. xbox one connects to router, but wont allow internet access (netflix shows stop at 25% buffer)

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one connects to router, but wont allow internet access (netflix shows stop at 25% buffer): Hi all, this only started 2 days ago, cannot explain why. We have not changed any settings. Netflix shows stop buffering at 25%, games will not load. Cannot connect to Xbox live. I connect...
  4. Netflix and all other apps stopped playing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix and all other apps stopped playing: I was watching Netflix and the xbox shut off and I rebooted it and now every time I try to use an app--Hulu, Netflix, you tube I get the same error "The game couldn't start. Try downloading the...
  5. Netflix app stop working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix app stop working: It seems a diffused issue. The app start loading the content but stop at least at 25%, always with same error. Same behavior it's happening with the Sony TV Android. There is something went...
  6. netflix stop working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    netflix stop working: all of a sudden Netflix stop working 174c8878-c677-4fa9-a35f-f0124eff7c9a
  7. Netflix stops playing movies and goes back to synopsis/resume playing screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix stops playing movies and goes back to synopsis/resume playing screen: Not sure what's going on, its a new xbox one and when I watch netflix (using the media remote) it will play for m aybe 15-20 mins before it just goes back to the screen where you see the movie and...
  8. Netflix auto play won't stop even though feature is turned off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix auto play won't stop even though feature is turned off: I just got my Xbox One July 30, 2014 and installed the Netflix app. I can sign in and use it no problem, but every time I watch an episode from a series it auto plays to the next episode giving me...
  9. Netflix app won't stop auto playing episodes even though feature is turned off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix app won't stop auto playing episodes even though feature is turned off: I just got my Xbox One July 30, 2014 and installed the Netflix app. I can sign in and use it no problem, but every time I watch an episode from a series it auto plays to the next episode giving me...
  10. Netflix randomly stops playing at around 10 minute mark

in XBoX on Consoles
    Netflix randomly stops playing at around 10 minute mark: When I try to watch something on netflix on my xbox one at around 10mins it just pauses and boots me back to the synopsis menu where I can click resume playing. No idea why this is happening its...