Netflix auto play won't stop even though feature is turned off

Discus and support Netflix auto play won't stop even though feature is turned off in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just got my Xbox One July 30, 2014 and installed the Netflix app. I can sign in and use it no problem, but every time I watch an episode from a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by eroctech, Aug 3, 2014.

1. eroctech
    eroctech Guest

I just got my Xbox One July 30, 2014 and installed the Netflix app. I can sign in and use it no problem, but every time I watch an episode from a series it auto plays to the next episode giving me a 20 sec countdown. I
    have already turned off auto play or "post play" as Netflix calls it under my Account Settings / Playback Settings on netflix.com. This feature works fine on other devices like a Samsung Smart TV, PS3,
    iPhone, and iPad. The issue is only present on the Xbox One.

I chatted with Netflix support for about an hour and they had me try things but nothing has worked. As of now when I play an episode it auto plays to the next episode.

Really annoying. And I am not a fan of the Xbox One Netflix app. It's different from the PS3 and Samsung Smart TV, and not in a good way.

Right now I am waiting for Netflix tech support to get back to me about the issue.

Anyone else experience this issue?

:)

eroctech, Aug 3, 2014
  2. apostle92627
    apostle92627 Guest
    Netflix app won't stop auto playing episodes even though feature is turned off

While I don't have this problem, I would appreciate it if mine didn't autoplay BEFORE the video starts either. If I just want to check a description or see who's in a show or movie I do NOT want the video to play until I hit the A button.

apostle92627, Aug 3, 2014
  3. eroctech
    eroctech Guest

I just got my Xbox One July 30, 2014 and installed the Netflix app. I can sign in and use it no problem, but every time I watch an episode from a series it
    auto plays to the next episode giving me a 20 sec countdown.
    I have already turned off auto play or "post play" as Netflix calls it under my Account Settings / Playback Settings on netflix.com. This feature works fine on other devices like a Samsung Smart TV, PS3, iPhone, and iPad. The issue is only present on
    the Xbox One.

I chatted with Netflix support for about an hour and they had me try things but nothing has worked. As of now when I play an episode it auto plays to the next episode.

Really annoying. And I am not a fan of the Xbox One Netflix app. It's different from the PS3 and Samsung Smart TV, and not in a good way.

Right now I am waiting for Netflix tech support to get back to me about the issue.

Anyone else experience this issue?

eroctech, Aug 3, 2014
  4. apostle92627 Win User

While I don't have this problem, I would appreciate it if mine didn't autoplay BEFORE the video starts either. If I just want to check a description or see who's in a show or movie I do NOT want the video to play until I hit the A button.
  5. LarryBrah Win User

Hello eroctech,

Sorry to hear about your troubles of this unexpected experience.

Have you tried re-installing the Netflix App? Perhaps something might have gone wrong. You try rechecking the Netflix settings again.

We'll be here if you need any more help.

Thanks!
  6. Mister Gwyther Win User

HELP PLEASE - Incorrect information about my payment

If you had previously purchased LIVE online, your account would set up auto-renewal. The only way to turn this off is by calling phone support and asking them to. Adding a prepaid card won't turn this feature on, but if it is already on, it won't turn it
    off either.
  7. Glu10Free Win User

Finally bought an Xbox One!!

Just a quick update. So far I have two minor issues, well they're more annoyances. Firstly, the Kinect voice commands still work extremely well except when it comes to turning the system on. I have to say it three or four times before it hears me and turns
    on, is this a common problem? Turning it off works every time.

Secondly I set the Xbox One to turn off after an hour of inactivity as I often fall asleep on the couch watching Netflix but I guess since Netflix has the auto-play feature now, the Xbox One doesn't recognize it as inactive. Left it on all night last night...
    I would watch Netflix on my 360 and it would turn off after two hours or whatever it was.

Everything else is great though, can't wait to get home and start Chapter 2 of Max: CotB!!
  8. gds1972 Win User

Xbox one controller make it don’t turn off

Hi

The Xbox One controller will auto turn off after a period of inactivity and I don't think it is possible to deactivate this feature. The only way to stop the controller from turning off is to either perform an action on the controller or to connect it to
    the console with a USB cable.
Thema:

1. Netflix auto play won't stop even though feature is turned off - Similar Threads - Netflix auto play

2. Netflix issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Netflix issue: Xbox S question. My controller no longer works, so I've been using the My Xbox apps "console controller" option to work my console. It works fine for everything except my Netflix. I just renewed...
  3. My xbox is connected to wifi and I can use YouTube and Netflix just fine. But it says I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox is connected to wifi and I can use YouTube and Netflix just fine. But it says I...: When I connect to my phone Hotspot it works. And my ps4 works perfectly fine on the wifi. I've tried everything even reseting my xbox 4b418d12-66a4-4a94-b11a-eba588e06538
  4. Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety: I have our XBox set up so that my son gets a certain amount of screentime a day. It's also configured so that an account must be signed in to access apps. I've tested this out with games and other...
  5. Multiple Netflix accounts on one Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiple Netflix accounts on one Xbox: I have been SEARCHING online for an answer to how I can get my Netflix account on my Xbox without signing my partner out of theirs, we have different gamertags and Netflix accounts and would like...
  6. Anyone having issues with the Netflix app freezing?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone having issues with the Netflix app freezing?: For the past couple of days, anytime I rewind/fast forward something, the video will freeze, though the audio will continue, and the menus will move very slowly unless I close and restart the app....
  7. Netflix stops playing if my controller turns off or I disconnect the charge cable

in XBoX on Windows
    Netflix stops playing if my controller turns off or I disconnect the charge cable: Hi everyone been having problems with netflix recently where if my controller turns off for being idle for too long or if I disconnect the charge cable on my eliet 2 it stops playing what I'm...
  8. Netflix on XBox One: Menu auto scrolling issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix on XBox One: Menu auto scrolling issues: Every time I open the Netflix app, if I set the controller down, it automatically and quickly scrolls through the different selections on the main menu. This is really annoying and it makes it...
  9. Netflix app won't stop auto playing episodes even though feature is turned off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix app won't stop auto playing episodes even though feature is turned off: I just got my Xbox One July 30, 2014 and installed the Netflix app. I can sign in and use it no problem, but every time I watch an episode from a series it auto plays to the next episode giving me...
  10. Kinect prevents auto-shutoff. Console won't auto-shutoff when in netflix like on 360.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect prevents auto-shutoff. Console won't auto-shutoff when in netflix like on 360.: I suffer from insomnia and something that helps (other people use the same remedy) is having the tv playing a movie or show in background while trying to fall asleep. However, I've noticed that...