Netflix App on Xbox One S does not offer Ultra HD option

Discus and support Netflix App on Xbox One S does not offer Ultra HD option in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Despite a proper subscription on Netflix for UHD/4K, a supported 4k-TV and a Receiver that supports HDPC 2.2, I am not able to play 4k movies from the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by schibidi, Aug 5, 2016.

1. schibidi
    schibidi Guest

Despite a proper subscription on Netflix for UHD/4K, a supported 4k-TV and a Receiver that supports HDPC 2.2, I am not able to play 4k movies from the xbox's Netflix app; hence the option at the movies is not even available (only HD).

I've tested network, playing Netflix 4k movies directly using the SmartTv (works fine)... Xbox One S is updated and Netflix App was uninstalled and installed again.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

:)

schibidi, Aug 5, 2016
  2. ARMA VIVA
    ARMA VIVA Guest
    UHD bluray problem XBox one S

I am having the same experience as ItsParN. I have the Samsung UHD 7250. The smart hub Netflix and Amazon are in Ultra HD when streaming. The Xbox One S dashboard is in 4k or upscale 4k except the Ultra Blu Rays that I try. When I put those in it goes
    back to 1080P. Advanced video options in the settings show green check marks for my tv 4K options. The Xbox One S Netflix app doesn't not show the 4k Ultra content. Neither does the Amazon app.

ARMA VIVA, Aug 5, 2016
  3. DadBart
    DadBart Guest
    No Ultra HD category

A couple of updates ago to the Netflix app, the Ultra HD category disappeared on my Xbox One S. I can still watch Ultra HD and HDR Netflix shows when I find them in the other categories. Both of my Rokus, 4 and Ultra, still show this category. Is this a
    mistake?

DadBart, Aug 5, 2016
  4. Terratogen
    Terratogen Guest

What receiver do you have - just because it supports HDCP doesn't mean its passing through properly. Also which TV do you have.

Have you run the Video test options on the One S to make sure its showing your TV supports all options?

Terratogen, Aug 5, 2016
  5. schibidi
    schibidi Guest
    Thanks for asking!

Receiver is an Onkyo TX-NR646, TV is Samsung HU7200

Testing results are correct, meaning it overs all 4K options but none of the HDR (Makes sense as this model has not HDR).

schibidi, Aug 5, 2016
  6. Terratogen
    Terratogen Guest
    Cool seems fine then - are you paying for Netflix Premium service with 4 screen access, its the only one that allows Ultra HD streaming

Terratogen, Aug 5, 2016
  7. Terratogen
    Terratogen Guest
    whoops ignore that - I see it works via the TV!

Terratogen, Aug 5, 2016
  8. Subjacked
    Subjacked Guest

I have the same problem, but I connected the Xbox directly to the TV. All boxes, except HDR are checked, but netflix does not show UHD. On the TV App it works flawlessly.

Subjacked, Aug 5, 2016
  9. Subjacked
    Subjacked Guest
    So, for me I found the reason. My TV has only one HDMI port with hdcp2.2, sadly this port does not support hdr. So I won't have the complete experience with this TV.

Subjacked, Aug 6, 2016
  10. schibidi
    schibidi Guest
    Ok, that solved my problem too. Samsung's description made me think that ALL HDMI ports support HDCP.; after some investigation it figured out that only the one that is labeled with "MHL" does.

Switched cables and tested it and works!

schibidi, Aug 6, 2016
  11. HungShortBus
    HungShortBus Guest
    After spending a lot of time chatting with various Microsoft and Netflix reps I was told that essentially the app is not fully functional with the 4k labeling yet, but still plays the content in 4k. With the One S upscaling everything to 4k, there's no
    way to verify this with the output info, but what you can do is play a 4k movie/show, and then double check your bandwidth usage under Settings > All Settings > Network > Bandwidth Usage. Streaming in HD should run about 3GB for an hour, while UHD is about
    7GB. Hope this helps.

HungShortBus, Aug 24, 2016
  12. SmartriX
    SmartriX Guest
    I am having the same issue, no 4K apps on the One S only the Blu ray player. All app accounts verified to be correct payment tiers, all apps deleted and new versions reinstalled multiple times, console hard rebooted. 4K apps work fine on my tv OS just not
    my Xbox One S OS - any help? I can verify that Netflix is not steaming at 4K but only 1080p, huge difference between TV app and Xbox app.

SmartriX, Aug 30, 2016
  13. SmartriX
    SmartriX Guest

I have confirmed in my TV user manual that all of my HDMI inputs are HDCP 2.2 compliant, so that isn't my issue either...hmmm.

SmartriX, Aug 31, 2016
  14. SmartriX
    SmartriX Guest
    Am I really the only one having this issue? Commenting again to hope to get some help. Using the HDMI cable that came with the Xbox one s. My 4K Sony tv and 4K marantz reciever has all HDCP 2.2 HDMI capable plugs. This console is not in the preview program,
    I have downloaded and reinstalled Netflix many times, still no 4K ultra HD labels on Xbox like in the TV OS Netflix. I have hard reset many times. I have confirmed in my network bandwidth usage that it is pulling around 2-3 GB instead of the 6-7 GB expected
    with 4K. I can confirm 4K functionality working on my Sony TV Android OS but not on the Xbox OS. Xbox One S UHD Blu Ray player is working great but no apps are. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SmartriX, Sep 10, 2016
  15. SmartriX
    SmartriX Guest
    This issue has suddenly fixed itself, don't know what changed but it's working now.

SmartriX, Nov 2, 2018
  16. ARMA VIVA Win User

UHD bluray problem XBox one S

I am having the same experience as ItsParN. I have the Samsung UHD 7250. The smart hub Netflix and Amazon are in Ultra HD when streaming. The Xbox One S dashboard is in 4k or upscale 4k except the Ultra Blu Rays that I try. When I put those in it goes
    back to 1080P. Advanced video options in the settings show green check marks for my tv 4K options. The Xbox One S Netflix app doesn't not show the 4k Ultra content. Neither does the Amazon app.
  17. HungShortBus Win User

After spending a lot of time chatting with various Microsoft and Netflix reps I was told that essentially the app is not fully functional with the 4k labeling yet, but still plays the content in 4k. With the One S upscaling everything to 4k, there's no
    way to verify this with the output info, but what you can do is play a 4k movie/show, and then double check your bandwidth usage under Settings > All Settings > Network > Bandwidth Usage. Streaming in HD should run about 3GB for an hour, while UHD is about
    7GB. Hope this helps.
  18. schibidi Win User

Ok, that solved my problem too. Samsung's description made me think that ALL HDMI ports support HDCP.; after some investigation it figured out that only the one that is labeled with "MHL" does.

Switched cables and tested it and works!
  19. Subjacked Win User

I have the same problem, but I connected the Xbox directly to the TV. All boxes, except HDR are checked, but netflix does not show UHD. On the TV App it works flawlessly.
  20. SmartriX Win User

This issue has suddenly fixed itself, don't know what changed but it's working now.
Thema:

1. Netflix App on Xbox One S does not offer Ultra HD option - Similar Threads - Netflix App does

2. Anyone having issues with the Netflix app freezing?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone having issues with the Netflix app freezing?: For the past couple of days, anytime I rewind/fast forward something, the video will freeze, though the audio will continue, and the menus will move very slowly unless I close and restart the app....
  3. Xbox Series S doesn't allow audio passthrough on Netflix and YouTube app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S doesn't allow audio passthrough on Netflix and YouTube app: Hello, When Xbox Series S audio is set to output uncompressed stereo with Passthrough enabled, Netflix and YouTube apps output uncompressed stereo instead of Dolby digital plus such as Disney+ or...
  4. Xbox Profiles showing "Home" while using Apps like Youtube/Netflix and Co.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Profiles showing "Home" while using Apps like Youtube/Netflix and Co.: Xbox Profiles showing "Home" while using Apps like Youtube/Netflix and Co. i noticed this issue 2 months ago. Bulid: Alpha Skip ahead submitted by /u/xGenieElitex [link] [comments]
  5. My Netflix has stopped working on my xbox one. The app appears to freeze when I go into it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Netflix has stopped working on my xbox one. The app appears to freeze when I go into it...: My Netflix has stopped working on my xbox one. The app appears to freeze when I go into it and I am not able to get it to respond to any controller buttons (accept/back/log in etc) other than...
  6. Has anyone else noticed massive improvements to the HD content on the new Netflix app.

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone else noticed massive improvements to the HD content on the new Netflix app.: I know that there was some dolby vision overlay on top of 1080p content that for the most part wasn't too bad. However the movies were always very distinctly 1080p so in a lot of darker scenes the...
  7. Alpha skip ahead: Dolby Atmos - All sound from rear for Netflix / Disney+ / Dolby app....

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead: Dolby Atmos - All sound from rear for Netflix / Disney+ / Dolby app....: As per the title. Something has broken with Dolby Atmos in the Alpha Skip Ahead. I have a Denon AVR-4700X, and when playing 4K BluRay's with Atmos or Atmos supported games everything works fine....
  8. My Xbox app does not work on my Netflix

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox app does not work on my Netflix: My Xbox app has suddenly not started to work on my Xbox it was worked for a while this has been happening for a few days anyone knew how to fix it submitted by /u/GhostyHades [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox Series X Audio Passthrough\Dolby Atmos doesn't work for Netflix or Disney + app

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X Audio Passthrough\Dolby Atmos doesn't work for Netflix or Disney + app: Hello, I have an issue with my Xbox series X audio passthrough and Dolby Atmos in Netflix or Disney + app. It works with my other apps, apple tv, etc. At the same time, Netflix and Disney +no...
  10. Netflix app no longer responds to the android xbox remote control

in XBoX on Consoles
    Netflix app no longer responds to the android xbox remote control: I use the android xbox app to control my xbox 1, but two days ago, the Netflix app stopped responding to input from my android app; the xbox screen and all other apps work with the android xbox...