Netflix app crashing then saying there is an internet connection problem when fully connected ...

Discus and support Netflix app crashing then saying there is an internet connection problem when fully connected ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I've been using the netflix app for the last two weeks and everything has been fine. Except I went to watch something last night and it wouldn't... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Shelford-D20E68FB-4A81-4EC5-A7FC-8BD96B5EF26B, May 24, 2014.

1. Netflix app crashing then saying there is an internet connection problem when fully connected ...

Hey,

I've been using the netflix app for the last two weeks and everything has been fine. Except I went to watch something last night and it wouldn't load and kept saying there was an internet connection problem, even though I was fully connected to xbox live
    and everything else on my xbox one and my laptop and other devices at home was fine. I tried resetting everything, uninstalling the app, logging out etc but nothing has worked. I've tried again this morning and it would load to 98% then crash. I tried this
    about 5 times until it started saying there was a internet connection problem again.

Has anyone else been having similar problems or can suggest something else to try? To me it seems like it's the app considering I can watch netflix on my laptop and all connections are fine.

It might be good for me to mention that i'm using netflix from NZ using unblock us. It's been working fine up unitll last night and as I said, I can still access netflix via my laptop

:)

Shelford-D20E68FB-4A81-4EC5-A7FC-8BD96B5EF26B, May 24, 2014
  2. nhoelb
    nhoelb Guest
    Netflix laggy

Netflix works fine, I just watched Django an hour ago without any problems. If Netflix is laggy, most of the time it is caused by slow internet connection. Try to stop some activity in your PC/console that requites internet connection. You may also pause the video to buffer, it works for me all the time.

nhoelb, May 24, 2014
  3. Xbox One Connected to internet but can't play multiplayer.

So my Xbox one is connected wirelessly, and I have tested the connection to the internet, and for multiplayer and it all is running good. The problem is when I start up a game, none can connect to the internet. For advanced warfare I goto multiplayer and
    it just pops up a small screen saying i need a live connection to the internet to play online. For Titanfall it says error in the newsfeed when starting up. I don't understand so does anyone have a solution to this? encountered this problem? Netflix, skype,
    internet explorer and everything else is working fine connected to the internet so what can this be?

SilentCrAZym0f0, May 24, 2014
  4. TTNZ
    TTNZ Guest

Netflix app crashing then saying there is an internet connection problem when fully connected ...

I am in NZ and I have just had the same problem! - It will play on Laptop (slowly) but not the XBox One. I am using UnoDNS. Are you with Telecom Xtra by any chance?

5. Ninja749
    Ninja749 Guest
    Hi, i have the same issue. I get this error, 5012-1090 .X7032-1108, tried re installing, no luck. I even tried another DNS, unblockUS. It works for a movie or two then it doesn't. I also have the problems with my Roku. This seems to have started a few days
    ago for me. I am with Telstra cable / telecom and I think they might have done something to the network an now it doesn't work. I opened a ticket with unoTelly and they will look into it. I suggest you do the same, they might be able to fix it for NZ.

Ninja749, May 26, 2014
  6. RanThaMan88
    RanThaMan88 Guest
    Xbox has not replied to this issue at all... They seem to be avoiding it...

RanThaMan88, Jul 12, 2014
  7. I am also having this problem in central PA. Xbox live works decently (not as smooth as I would like) but I continue to get the 5051-1090 error when I try to watch Netflix

The Garbage M4n, Aug 26, 2014
  8. Miss Diggz
    Miss Diggz Guest

Hey there The Garbage M4n and EatingZulu!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you both have been experiencing when trying to use the Netflix app. If either of you haven't already, I suggest giving these troubleshooting steps a shot:

1. Sign out of Netflix and
      uninstall
      the Netflix app.
    2. Power cycle your Xbox One console.
    3. Once the console is off completely, unplug all cords from your console.
    4. Leave everything unplugged for a few minutes.
    5. Plug your console and cords back in and turn it on.
    6. Check your Network Connection. (Settings > Network > Test Network Connection)
    7. Re-install the Netflix app and try watching a video again.
    If these steps don't do the trick, please create a new thread indicating the issue you're experiencing, as well as, any error codes you are receiving and troubleshooting steps you may have already tried. This way we can cater our support to each of you,
    specifically. Thanks!

Miss Diggz, Aug 27, 2014
  9. Here you go, support. These are the numbers that pop up when this happens.

5012-1090. X7361-1254-80070005

The MasterMedic, Nov 1, 2018
  10. The Garbage M4n Win User

Netflix app crashing then saying there is an internet connection problem when fully connected to the internet

I am also having this problem in central PA. Xbox live works decently (not as smooth as I would like) but I continue to get the 5051-1090 error when I try to watch Netflix
  11. RanThaMan88 Win User

Netflix app crashing then saying there is an internet connection problem when fully connected to the internet

Xbox has not replied to this issue at all... They seem to be avoiding it...
  12. Miss Diggz Win User

Hey there The Garbage M4n and EatingZulu!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you both have been experiencing when trying to use the Netflix app. If either of you haven't already, I suggest giving these troubleshooting steps a shot:

1. Sign out of Netflix and
      uninstall
      the Netflix app.
    2. Power cycle your Xbox One console.
    3. Once the console is off completely, unplug all cords from your console.
    4. Leave everything unplugged for a few minutes.
    5. Plug your console and cords back in and turn it on.
    6. Check your Network Connection. (Settings > Network > Test Network Connection)
    7. Re-install the Netflix app and try watching a video again.
    If these steps don't do the trick, please create a new thread indicating the issue you're experiencing, as well as, any error codes you are receiving and troubleshooting steps you may have already tried. This way we can cater our support to each of you,
    specifically. Thanks!
  13. TTNZ Win User

I am in NZ and I have just had the same problem! - It will play on Laptop (slowly) but not the XBox One. I am using UnoDNS. Are you with Telecom Xtra by any chance?
  14. Ninja749 Win User

Hi, i have the same issue. I get this error, 5012-1090 .X7032-1108, tried re installing, no luck. I even tried another DNS, unblockUS. It works for a movie or two then it doesn't. I also have the problems with my Roku. This seems to have started a few days
    ago for me. I am with Telstra cable / telecom and I think they might have done something to the network an now it doesn't work. I opened a ticket with unoTelly and they will look into it. I suggest you do the same, they might be able to fix it for NZ.
Thema:

1. Netflix app crashing then saying there is an internet connection problem when fully connected ... - Similar Threads - Netflix app crashing

2. Anyone having issues with the Netflix app freezing?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone having issues with the Netflix app freezing?: For the past couple of days, anytime I rewind/fast forward something, the video will freeze, though the audio will continue, and the menus will move very slowly unless I close and restart the app....
  3. Xbox Series S doesn't allow audio passthrough on Netflix and YouTube app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S doesn't allow audio passthrough on Netflix and YouTube app: Hello, When Xbox Series S audio is set to output uncompressed stereo with Passthrough enabled, Netflix and YouTube apps output uncompressed stereo instead of Dolby digital plus such as Disney+ or...
  4. Xbox Profiles showing "Home" while using Apps like Youtube/Netflix and Co.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Profiles showing "Home" while using Apps like Youtube/Netflix and Co.: Xbox Profiles showing "Home" while using Apps like Youtube/Netflix and Co. i noticed this issue 2 months ago. Bulid: Alpha Skip ahead submitted by /u/xGenieElitex [link] [comments]
  5. My Netflix has stopped working on my xbox one. The app appears to freeze when I go into it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Netflix has stopped working on my xbox one. The app appears to freeze when I go into it...: My Netflix has stopped working on my xbox one. The app appears to freeze when I go into it and I am not able to get it to respond to any controller buttons (accept/back/log in etc) other than...
  6. Has anyone else noticed massive improvements to the HD content on the new Netflix app.

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone else noticed massive improvements to the HD content on the new Netflix app.: I know that there was some dolby vision overlay on top of 1080p content that for the most part wasn't too bad. However the movies were always very distinctly 1080p so in a lot of darker scenes the...
  7. Alpha skip ahead: Dolby Atmos - All sound from rear for Netflix / Disney+ / Dolby app....

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead: Dolby Atmos - All sound from rear for Netflix / Disney+ / Dolby app....: As per the title. Something has broken with Dolby Atmos in the Alpha Skip Ahead. I have a Denon AVR-4700X, and when playing 4K BluRay's with Atmos or Atmos supported games everything works fine....
  8. My Xbox app does not work on my Netflix

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox app does not work on my Netflix: My Xbox app has suddenly not started to work on my Xbox it was worked for a while this has been happening for a few days anyone knew how to fix it submitted by /u/GhostyHades [link] [comments]
  9. Netflix app crash, Store launch only works

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix app crash, Store launch only works: When I lauch the only app the Netflix on Xbox One S home screen Netflix won't open and lose a signal. But, when I open the app from the store it works fine. I have tried uninstalling the Netflix...
  10. Dolby ATMOS Crash issue with Netflix app. Specific to 4K + ATMOS badges titles when in...

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby ATMOS Crash issue with Netflix app. Specific to 4K + ATMOS badges titles when in...: Dolby Atmos Netflix Crash Issue So this has happened a lot on the Netflix app if you use Dolby atmos. Sometimes it works but 90% of the time it doesn’t. If you look for a Netflix title that has...