Netflix and Youtube app crackling and popping noises on Xbox Series X

Discus and support Netflix and Youtube app crackling and popping noises on Xbox Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have had the Xbox series X since launch, at first I did not have any issues with the console. However since early January, I haven't been able to use... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lymore, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Lymore
    Lymore Guest

I have had the Xbox series X since launch, at first I did not have any issues with the console. However since early January, I haven't been able to use the Netlfix app. It started with simple pops and crackles here and there but now I can't go more than a minute without hearing popping noises, crackling sounds or the sound just cutting out completely. I can't use the app at all. Now as of yesterday, the Youtube app is having the same issue. Crackling, popping and the sound cutting out. It isn't on all videos but most. At first I thought this was an headset or controller issue but I have now bought both a new controller and headset and still have the issues. I have also tested my old headset and controller and new headset and controller on my brother's Xbox Series X and I do not experience these issues on his. Also the sounds happen while the sound is coming through the tv. I have tried many different steps but now know it is not an error with the hardware or accessories, as I download an app called myTube! and have zero issues with the sound. I would like to know what is going to be done about this, I have reached out to Netflix but was told that this was an Xbox problem. My console is my main entertainment hub, so having the apps work properly is important. Other apps I use, like the WWE Network, Youtube TV and Hulu, haven't had this issue at all. I bought my new headset (Razer Kraken) back in February and my new Xbox controller I bought last week. My NAT is also open. I really don't know what to do at this point. It clearly isn't a hardware issue but I am not sure what is causing it. Please help.

Steps I have taken so far:

Hard reset console

Changed controller

Changed batteries in controller (switched back and forth between AA's and rechargeable, while also using a charging wire)

Changed headsets

Tried console on another TV

Changed audio settings in settings menu

Reinstalled both apps.

Tested controllers on another console

Tested headsets on another console

Reached out to Netflix and followed their trouble shooting guides

Tested Nat

Cleared MAC Address

Checked Ports and made sure they were opened

Did a factory reset on console.

:)

Lymore, Mar 26, 2021
  2. PEANUTx420 Win User

xbox one rearrange pins not in the right order

ok I figured it out. its actually not random. wherever I put a pin, the next time I go back it is located one more tile to the left. FOR EXAMPLE:

I start in order from left to right (hulu, Netflix, crackle, youtube)

1 if I take Netflix and put it at the end ( hulu, crackle, youtube, Netflix)

2 then the next time it will show ( hulu, crackle, Netflix, youtube)

3 now lets say I take hulu and put it at the end ( crackle, Netflix, youtube, hulu)

4 now then it will show ( crackle, Netflix, hulu, youtube)

5 ok one last example I take crackle and put it in between Netflix and hulu ( Netflix, crackle, hulu, youtube)

6 ok it goes back to ( crackle, Netflix, hulu, youtube)

hopefully this examples it but like I said, it goes one more tile over to the left that I place it at.

very frustrating
  3. CollapseControl Win User

Sometimes I have to wonder...

I'm also hoping that the Crackle APP will change to Crackle Pop, so I can keep saying,

"Xbox Snap Crackle Pop"
  4. dempup Win User

How to cast (NOT mirror) apps from iPhone to Xbox One?

As i am aware, only Netflix and Youtube at the moment. Hopefully we will see some more developers jump on-board when we get the apps for Series X.
  5. EwokLuke Win User

Xbox Seriex X - Atmos 7.1 Audio Clipping

6. KoJo RoKn X Win User

The Official "Bring back the party option" thread

I agree 100% party mode was the best feature
    They need it on all apps : Crackle, YouTube, Zune, HBO Go, Netflix,

Hulu Plus, CinemaNow, IGN..etc

All apps all party would be their best move

—————————————————————————————— 2012 Fall Update Beta Tester & Xbox Community Ambassador
Thema:

1. Netflix and Youtube app crackling and popping noises on Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Netflix Youtube app

2. Netflix issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Netflix issue: Xbox S question. My controller no longer works, so I've been using the My Xbox apps "console controller" option to work my console. It works fine for everything except my Netflix. I just renewed...
  3. My xbox is connected to wifi and I can use YouTube and Netflix just fine. But it says I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox is connected to wifi and I can use YouTube and Netflix just fine. But it says I...: When I connect to my phone Hotspot it works. And my ps4 works perfectly fine on the wifi. I've tried everything even reseting my xbox 4b418d12-66a4-4a94-b11a-eba588e06538
  4. Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety: I have our XBox set up so that my son gets a certain amount of screentime a day. It's also configured so that an account must be signed in to access apps. I've tested this out with games and other...
  5. Multiple Netflix accounts on one Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiple Netflix accounts on one Xbox: I have been SEARCHING online for an answer to how I can get my Netflix account on my Xbox without signing my partner out of theirs, we have different gamertags and Netflix accounts and would like...
  6. Anyone having issues with the Netflix app freezing?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone having issues with the Netflix app freezing?: For the past couple of days, anytime I rewind/fast forward something, the video will freeze, though the audio will continue, and the menus will move very slowly unless I close and restart the app....
  7. Netflix stops playing if my controller turns off or I disconnect the charge cable

in XBoX on Windows
    Netflix stops playing if my controller turns off or I disconnect the charge cable: Hi everyone been having problems with netflix recently where if my controller turns off for being idle for too long or if I disconnect the charge cable on my eliet 2 it stops playing what I'm...
  8. Xbox Series S doesn't allow audio passthrough on Netflix and YouTube app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S doesn't allow audio passthrough on Netflix and YouTube app: Hello, When Xbox Series S audio is set to output uncompressed stereo with Passthrough enabled, Netflix and YouTube apps output uncompressed stereo instead of Dolby digital plus such as Disney+ or...
  9. Xbox Profiles showing "Home" while using Apps like Youtube/Netflix and Co.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Profiles showing "Home" while using Apps like Youtube/Netflix and Co.: Xbox Profiles showing "Home" while using Apps like Youtube/Netflix and Co. i noticed this issue 2 months ago. Bulid: Alpha Skip ahead submitted by /u/xGenieElitex [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox profile shows "Home" while you using youtube, netflix.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox profile shows "Home" while you using youtube, netflix.: i noticed my profile on my xbox shows i'm "home" while i using youtube/netflix and other apps, i have this weird issue for about 2 weeks + alpha skip ahead bulid submitted by /u/xGenieElitex...