Neither my wireless or wired Xbox one controllers are working only can use the Xbox button....

Discus and support Neither my wireless or wired Xbox one controllers are working only can use the Xbox button.... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Turned on my Xbox and the only button that worked is my Xbox button so I tried my wireless controller and the same issue, I tried Xbox support online... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tim Cobb, Dec 20, 2022.

1. Tim Cobb
    Tim Cobb Guest

Neither my wireless or wired Xbox one controllers are working only can use the Xbox button....

Turned on my Xbox and the only button that worked is my Xbox button so I tried my wireless controller and the same issue, I tried Xbox support online and couldn’t get help so here I am.

:)

Tim Cobb, Dec 20, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Trying to hook up xbox 360 controller to pc for pc games

Hello im tring to hook up my xbox 360 controller with charge cord....
    H,

That's your problem, right there. Unfortunately, if you connect your wireless Xbox 360 controller with a charging cable, all your doing is charging the controller.

The 360 wireless controller can't be turned into a wired controller with the charging cable as neither the controller or the wire were designed to send data this way.

You either need 360 wired controller or an Xbox One controller. Xbox One controllers can use wired or wireless, but wireless is only supported via Windows 10.

Hope that helps.
  3. John P_14 Win User

Neither my wireless or wired Xbox one controllers are working only can use the Xbox button. How can I fix this?

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

It's possible that this is an issue with your Xbox console so kindly try clearing its cache by following the steps below;

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox On Windows 10

No sorry there isn't. The Xbox 360 wireless controller is wireless at all times, it was not designed to work with a wired connection. A play and charge cable would only charge the controller since the controller itself has no data
    port. To use a Wireless controller you will need a Wireless Gaming Receiver. MS no longer make these, all the ones sold on the Internet are actually third party. I understand they can be difficult to set up sometimes.

Only the Xbox One controller can be used with either a wire or wireless.
  5. LtHippieStomper Win User

Question about 360 controller for PC

The wired pads are up to £25 where as the receiver is only £15.

Its works just the same as the Xbox, just sync the pad to wireless receiver holding the button on the pad and the button on the wireless receiver.

Controllers can only be synced to either the xbox or wireless receiver at a time. The controller cannot be synced to both.

No confusion :)
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox360 Wireless Controller für pc/android

Hi,

Unlike the Xbox One controller which can be both wireless and wired, the wireless 360 controller only operates via wireless. The connector for the USB - or the 'Play and charge' - cable only sends power, not controller input data. Also the wireless protocol
    it uses is proprietary, in other words, it's not Bluetooth.

You can use an wireless 360 controller on a PC, but you'll need an Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver attached to your PC.

The wireless 360 controllers do not work with Android, but the wired ones do.

Hope that helps.
Thema:

1. Neither my wireless or wired Xbox one controllers are working only can use the Xbox button.... - Similar Threads - Neither wireless wired

2. My Xbox app on PC won't receive neither party invitations nor game invitations.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox app on PC won't receive neither party invitations nor game invitations.: So I've been having a lot o trouble with my Xbox app on PC. When my friends try to invite me to their party or game I don't receive any notification, nor invitation, to the Xbox app on my PC,...
  3. My D Pad won’t work after sending it of 2 times to u and neither time it’s been fixed

in XBoX on Consoles
    My D Pad won’t work after sending it of 2 times to u and neither time it’s been fixed: I’ve had my elite series for 4 months had to send it off twice for two problems in them two months I’ve had the same problem occurring and no one is fixing it beginning to loose the plot abit as...
  4. My sons Xbox got toasted by my 2 year old and neither him or i can remember his email to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My sons Xbox got toasted by my 2 year old and neither him or i can remember his email to...: What are my options to recover an email to an account ? My son and myself can’t remember the password to his account and I’ve got too much money tied up I. His account to start over...
  5. I have Vanilla Visa gift cards (2) and neither of them are working when I try to register...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have Vanilla Visa gift cards (2) and neither of them are working when I try to register...: It says "Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card." and yet from what I can tell it does match so I am kinda confused, I think it's something with the CVV but I put what...
  6. Ddosed or IP ban or neither?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ddosed or IP ban or neither?: Everytime I try to connect to my Internet it says can't obtain IP address and I've tried troubleshooting, resetting macro or something like that, rest console, rest wifi, unplugged my wifi and...
  7. I ever used illegal version of minecraft on java neither on bedrock and I even share that...

in XBoX on Windows
    I ever used illegal version of minecraft on java neither on bedrock and I even share that...: I feel really sorry for this and now I know that was wrong and I don't really know what should i do 4f1d5b2b-e588-4b53-b900-4ff6de71156d
  8. My D Pad won’t work after sending it of 2 times to u and neither time it’s been fixed

in XBoX on Consoles
    My D Pad won’t work after sending it of 2 times to u and neither time it’s been fixed: I’ve had my elite series for 4 months had to send it off twice for two problems in them two months I’ve had the same problem occurring and no one is fixing it beginning to loose the plot abit as...
  9. No voice chat logo and neither camera logo.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No voice chat logo and neither camera logo.: hi, i've been for weeks now wondering why i couldn't use voice chat and neither the camera on roblox. I've verified my age so i can use them, i hear people voices, but i don't see the logos above...
  10. Xbox one won't connect to wifi neither wired or wireless. Need help fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't connect to wifi neither wired or wireless. Need help fast.: hello, my Xbox one won't connect to my wifi either wirelessly or wired and gives no error code just says NAT type unavailable. It is very frustrating especially since cod ww2 is comin Friday, I am...