Needing help with launching my Forza Horizon 5 on PC

Discus and support Needing help with launching my Forza Horizon 5 on PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all! I used to be able to play Forza Horizon 5 flawlessly on this PC a few months back, but suddenly I am unable to even open it. I see the splash... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DarrenColbourn, May 25, 2023.

1. Needing help with launching my Forza Horizon 5 on PC

Hi all!

I used to be able to play Forza Horizon 5 flawlessly on this PC a few months back, but suddenly I am unable to even open it. I see the splash screen and then it just closes. On the off-chance that I do get in and start loading the game, it closes about 30 seconds into loading. I have tried countless things from other posts and videos etc but I cannot get anywhere which is a real shame as it is one of my favourite games, plus I paid for premium and can't even play it now. Thanks in advance! <3

P.S. I have already also tried contacting Forza support directly and they ended up saying that they didn't know what the issue was, and to go via Microsoft instead.

:)

DarrenColbourn, May 25, 2023
  2. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

กดโหลด Forza Horizon 5 ใน โปรเเกรม Xbox เเล้วเผลอไปกดหยุด หลังจากนั้นก็ไม่สามารถกดโหลดต่อได้

สวัสดี

ขอบคุณที่ติดต่อฟอรั่ม ขออ ัยที่ทราบว่าคุณมีปัญหาในการดาวน์โหลด Forza Horizon 5

การสนับสนุน Forza มีบทความที่มีขั้นตอนการแก้ไขปัญหาหลายขั้นตอนซึ่งอาจช่วยได้ เกมของฉันไม่ได้เปิดตัวหรือขัดข้องบนพีซี - การสนับสนุน Forza (forzamotorsport.net)

ขอแสดงความนับถือ

Hayabusa

[ข้อความด้านบนแปลด้วยเครื่องและอาจไม่ใช่การแสดงโพสต์ต้นฉบับที่ถูกต้อง]

[The text above is machine translated and may not be an accurate representation of the original post]

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to the forums. Sorry to hear you are having issues downloading Forza Horizon 5.

Forza support has an article with several troubleshooting steps which may help. My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

Regards,

Hayabusa
  3. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Game pass not saving progress...

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with Forza Horizon 5 crashing and losing your progress. That is definitely frustrating. Was this on PC or an Xbox console?

You can check the Forza Horizon support article which offers steps you can take, including submitting a ticket. I've lost all my progress, what do I do? – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

Additional Support articles:

My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

Forza Horizon 5 – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

Games & apps | Xbox Support

For Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon forums and community support, visit:

Forza Motorsport forums
  4. RainingRoses Win User

Forza horizon 5

Okay, don’t worry. I’ll try to help here.

Did you try everything recommended in this support article?

My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC - Forza Support

Also try to see if there’s any significant difference in the Microsoft/Xbox version if possible. You don’t necessarily need to purchase it as it’s available on Game Pass, but don’t worry if you’re not able to try this.

Forza Horizon 5 - Microsoft Store

Be sure to share the results here as this will help identify and pinpoint the error to hopefully find a solution.

Hope this helps.
  5. DarrenColbourn Win User

Will this delete any files what so ever?
  6. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Darren, it's unfortunate to know the issue persist

I can suggest other possible solutions :

A. Try reinstalling Gaming Services via powershell:

"Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
    get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
    start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    Restart your device and try to install the game again."

You can find the instructions on this article :
    https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubl...

B. Please verify if all the Xbox services are running in your PC.
    For this search Services using the Windows search functionality and look for the next services once you open the app:
    IP Helper
    Xbox Live Auth Manager
    Xbox Live Game Save
    Xbox Live Networking Service
    Gaming Services

Then do this for each service: Right-click on it and select Properties. In Startup type make sure it’s set to Automatic.
    If the service isn’t started, click Start Click Apply and OK to save changes, restart your PC and try again.

**If you're not able to do this with Gaming Services you can skip that part

C. Run the SFC tool repair possible system corruptions
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
Thema:

1. Needing help with launching my Forza Horizon 5 on PC - Similar Threads - Needing help launching

2. Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now

in XboX Insiders
    Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now: Hi everyone, I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with an issue I've been facing while playing Forza Horizon through GeForce Now. Despite trying various fixes, I'm stuck and could...
  3. We need help launching Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    We need help launching Minecraft: [img] We are getting this error code when we try to launch Minecraft: Failed to download file. Name: de_at.json URL:...
  4. I need help logging into fortnite online but this happens Sorry, we can't launch this You...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help logging into fortnite online but this happens Sorry, we can't launch this You...: Sorry, we can't launch thisYou can't do this while streaming. (0x80820010) f8877534-b599-4723-9957-7c8cc0b6a3f0
  5. Halo Infinite crashes during launch with XBOX PC App. I've been troubleshooting, but need help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite crashes during launch with XBOX PC App. I've been troubleshooting, but need help!: PLEASE HELP! I would like to play the Halo Infinite campaign with the XBOX PC Game Pass, without having to pay Steam $40. I've spent several of my evenings on troubleshooting so far, and have...
  6. I need help as my Modern Warfare 2 won’t launch on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help as my Modern Warfare 2 won’t launch on Xbox: So my friend paid for Modern Warfare 2 and he decided to game share with me, we have both been able to play the game since it released until November 8th as we both got an error code saying we...
  7. i need help, it wont let me launch dbd on the xbox pc store.

in XBoX on Windows
    i need help, it wont let me launch dbd on the xbox pc store.: im trying to launch dead by daylight on the xbox pc store, and it says "microsoft store package dependancy" when i click play, and when i click ok on that it says "this application was unable to...
  8. Need help getting Halo Infinite to launch - Crashing on startup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help getting Halo Infinite to launch - Crashing on startup: So I installed Halo Infinite on my PC for the first time about a week ago, but have not yet been able to get the game to launch properly. It will start up, freeze at the initial black loading...
  9. Xbox one X shutting off when attempting to launch Games. Need help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X shutting off when attempting to launch Games. Need help.: Xbox one X. Games won't start. Just brings up a splash screen then cuts to black for a few seconds and my Xbox turns off. This is after transferring my account and games to my new Xbox one X....
  10. Need help with (2) 1st Gen Xbox 360s (1 of them a launch model!)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with (2) 1st Gen Xbox 360s (1 of them a launch model!): Hi I have been working on this for a couple of days now, and have hit a LOT of dead ends, so I'm turning to the Xbox community. I spoke with Xbox Support (Live Chat) yesterday, and they told me...