need your help to trace my stolen xbox

Discus and support need your help to trace my stolen xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, 2 months ago, I was victim of housebroken. My xbox's mac adress is required by the police. So, could you help me find back my mac adress by... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chucknoirrris, Mar 6, 2019.

  1. need your help to trace my stolen xbox


    Hi all,

    2 months ago, I was victim of housebroken.

    My xbox's mac adress is required by the police.

    So, could you help me find back my mac adress by my serial number ?

    If necessary, I've got the bill and the original box.

    Thanks a lot

    :)
     
    Chucknoirrris, Mar 6, 2019
    #1
  2. brandiesel1 Win User

    need your help to trace my stolen xbox

  3. JoelHansen Win User

    need your help to trace my stolen xbox

    Hello,

    I am sorry to hear this.

    I do not think that MSFT is saving MAC's for consoles but you could try to Contact them here :

    https://www.xbox.com/contact
  4. XsmkstarzX Win User

    need your help to trace my stolen xbox

    Im sorry to hear that and truly is terrible. Here is where you can go to check out info related to you question.

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/security/stolen-console
  5. ArminatorX Win User

    need your help to trace my stolen xbox

    I doubt the police would be able to do anything with the MAC address, as you can manually change the MAC address of the console.

    However, if you registered your console, you should be able to see the serial number of the console under
    https://devicesupport.microsoft.com
  6. CybroUK Win User

    need your help to trace my stolen xbox

    Hi Chucknoirrris,

    I'm also sorry to hear you were a victim of crime.

    I don't understand why your local law enforcement would require a MAC address of a stolen device. Perhaps they gave you the wrong advise and require the Serial Number??

    None the less, depending on the Brand of router your Xbox was recently connected to you may be able to recover the MAC address on your routers settings page.

    Some routers store the history of connected devices (including the MAC address) so you can easily manually assign an IP.

    I use a couple of Asus routers which include this option. So if you have an Asus model your in luck!

    Open your web browser, type the routers IP address and press Enter. The default IP address is usually 192.168.0.1

    Enter your Username and Password and press Enter to login

    Find the option in LAN > DHCP Server > Manually Assigned IP. And in the drop down list select "Show offline devices". Here you will find the MAC address of your current and recent devices before assigning a static IP address.

    For other brands, NetGear, TPLink etc, check the online manual to see if they support this in the DHCP settings.

    Failing that, I would suggest you check again with your local law enforcement that a Serial Number is sufficient enough to help with recovering your Xbox or even insurance purposes. And then use the links my fellow Ambassadors suggested.

    If you have not already done so, change your Microsoft account password ASAP.

    Change Your Microsoft Account Password - Xbox Support

    Good Luck.
Thema:

need your help to trace my stolen xbox

Loading...
  1. need your help to trace my stolen xbox - Similar Threads - need help trace

  2. I need Help with insider updates

    in XboX Insiders
    I need Help with insider updates: Hey Guys, I just became an XBOX INSIDER. How do I get my console updated with the insider updates such as mythic achievements? submitted by /u/Ok_Conference_9242 [link] [comments]
  3. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  4. Disc to digital Problem! Need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Problem! Need help: I need help with Disc to Digital. I have a 2013 Xbox One, and upgraded to a Xbox series s. I have a Monster hunter world Disc for Xbox one. I want to get it onto my new xbox. I have no clue about...
  5. Need help accessing disc to digital!

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help accessing disc to digital!: hey there, Xbox Insider Subreddit! I’m an Xbox Insider in the Omega ring and have been enrolled for approximately 4 weeks. My Original Xbox One is currently running xb_flt_2608ge.260805-2200. I’m...
  6. Hilp me Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Hilp me Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox: Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox submitted by /u/Fabulous_Stock_5066 [link] [comments]
  7. Getting System Error E106 on Insider Build - Need Help to Fix It

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting System Error E106 on Insider Build - Need Help to Fix It: my console booted into the troubleshooting screen and I cannot bypass it. Here are my system details:System Error: E106 00000009 80070002 my os:26100.8569 My Console id:...
  8. Why is my xbox doing this i need to find a solution please help

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is my xbox doing this i need to find a solution please help: I would like to post a picture of the issue but i cant so ill put it in the comments submitted by /u/Round_Adagio8815 [link] [comments]
  9. XboxGaming weird need help thanks

    in XboX Insiders
    XboxGaming weird need help thanks: Couple of months ago I received a document on Xbox, kind’ve like a contract, had a % to something with a list of people/programmers. I was not totally sure what it was and if I selected the right...
  10. Error update E101 ( I need help))

    in XboX Insiders
    Error update E101 ( I need help)): My Xbox is stuck on version 26100.8530.amd64fre.xb_fit_2606ge.260513-2200. And the OSU release is 10.0.26100.8064 (xb_flt_2605ge.260429-2200). Will there be an osu! update available? Xbox via USB...