Need to unpair new Xbox Wireless Headset but have already returned it; how can I remove the...

Discus and support Need to unpair new Xbox Wireless Headset but have already returned it; how can I remove the... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had a (new) Xbox Wireless headset, which unfortunately failed to maintain a stable connection to my Xbox series S. I returned it, but neglected to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TShirt11, Mar 31, 2021.

  1. TShirt11
    TShirt11 Guest

    Need to unpair new Xbox Wireless Headset but have already returned it; how can I remove the...


    I had a (new) Xbox Wireless headset,
    which unfortunately failed to maintain a stable connection to my Xbox series S. I returned it, but neglected to unpair it from my console.
    Now I have the old headset in my profile, but cannot delete it as I don't have
    the device to unpair it. And of course, the headset is sold out everywhere, so I cannot get a new one to try to replace the headset in my profile.

    If I connect a different headset to the console that uses the Xbox Wireless Protocol (no dongle required), will that overwrite the
    old headset and get rid of it? The Xbox Accessories App only allows for firmware updates and reassignment of profile. Any help would be appreciated; thank you!

    :)
     
    TShirt11, Mar 31, 2021
    #1
  2. Ronnieee Win User

    So how do you prevent your wireless headset from powering on your Xbox when you turn it on for other devices?

    Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

    Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

    I understand you need help with your headset problem.

    Actually, when your headset is already paired with your console, it is acting like a controller being paired as well that is the reason why it turns on while you turn on your headset. If you do not want this to happen, you would need to remove the pairing from the Xbox to your headset. Check for the headset functionality on the manual on how to unpair it from the device so that you can use it without distraction on the other device.

    You can also check this link for guide on wireless headsets for Xbox:

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. baeyonsay Win User

    New Xbox Wireless Headset (2021) constant disconnecting

    Just got a brand new Series X with the Wireless headset and its cracking, distorting and dropping connection every few minutes or so. When it gets bad, it will drop entirely for a few seconds at a time before reconnecting.

    I've tried hard resetting, unpairing and pairing, updating to 9.22 firmware three times and still have the issue.

    This is so frustrating after spending upwards of $600 for this setup.

    Question for the forum is...have you all tried other headsets? I'm curious if the problem lies with my Series X or just this headset. As I see the options as being:

    • Return the Microsoft Wireless Headset for another Microsoft Wireless Headset.
    • Return the Microsoft Wireless Headset and get a 3rd party headset.
    • Warranty the Series X if the problem lies with specific hardware units.
    Thanks for you insight.
  4. Jedhii Master Win User

    Xbox Series X Turns On Without Proper Internet Connection

    Thank you so much for all the detailed suggestions.

    I think the issue was cause by the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset. I've recently unpaired and returned it and haven't had the issue since. I will definitely keep these suggestions handy though in case I see it again.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

    How do i unassign a headset from my Xbox One?

    Hi Jamie,

    If holding the power button on the headset does not unpair the headset to the Xbox, then the headset was probably not design to be able to unpair but only be paired to another Xbox. Since it uses the same connection as the Xbox One controllers, it may act
    the same way in that you can't necessarily unpair your controller from your Xbox, you can only pair the controller with another console. The controller will always try and find the console it last connected to or a new console searching for a controller to
    pair, and the headset probably behaves in this same manner. It seems like if an unpair feature was available, it would be a button on the headset or a specific sequence but that would be something you would need to contact SteelSeries about.
  6. TYSONGOLAUB Win User

    Unpair / forget / unasign headset from Xbox one

    I cant find any menu to alter settings.

    This doesn’t solve the problem of the headset connecting to the xbox automatically if the xbox is already on and I turn the headset on. The power on button for the headset makes it connect to the xbox automatically.

    This is the same the other way around, if I have the headset on and the xbox is turned on after, it will connect to the xbox automatically.

    I want to find a way to unpair them and I will just pair and unpair the headset everytime i actually want to use it on the xbox
Thema:

Need to unpair new Xbox Wireless Headset but have already returned it; how can I remove the...

Loading...
  1. Need to unpair new Xbox Wireless Headset but have already returned it; how can I remove the... - Similar Threads - Need unpair Wireless

  2. Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?

    in XboX Insiders
    Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?: I have been on the omega tier of update preview for nearly a month, I am level 3 on insider, and need an upgrade to alpha tier so I can test a few things. I have tried hard resetting, received a...
  3. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  4. Disc to digital Problem! Need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Problem! Need help: I need help with Disc to Digital. I have a 2013 Xbox One, and upgraded to a Xbox series s. I have a Monster hunter world Disc for Xbox one. I want to get it onto my new xbox. I have no clue about...
  5. Need help accessing disc to digital!

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help accessing disc to digital!: hey there, Xbox Insider Subreddit! I’m an Xbox Insider in the Omega ring and have been enrolled for approximately 4 weeks. My Original Xbox One is currently running xb_flt_2608ge.260805-2200. I’m...
  6. need someone smarter then me lol

    in XboX Insiders
    need someone smarter then me lol: dumb question/post and I know and its in beta lol but I read battlefield 6 should work for disc to digital but mine always says congrats it worked!! but it don't work but I got the GTA remake to...
  7. Does anyone know which ring you will need to be on for the positron update on Monday? Is...

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know which ring you will need to be on for the positron update on Monday? Is...: Just wondering what ring I would need to update my Xbox to get the update on Monday? (I’m not sure it’s been announced yet? ) submitted by /u/falkirkboi [link] [comments]
  8. Serious bug I need to report - can a mod please message me?

    in XboX Insiders
    Serious bug I need to report - can a mod please message me?: Hi, been playing xbox for over 20yrs but I didn't know about the insider program until I saw a friend with a badge. Says a lot about me, I usually just keep to myself and play games. Anyway there...
  9. Disc to digital questions I need answered.

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital questions I need answered.: So my question is if I put my disc in on my old Xbox and I sign into my new Xbox without a disc drive do I still get the game digitally on my series s even tho I didn’t use the disc on it since it...
  10. Hilp me Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Hilp me Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox: Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox submitted by /u/Fabulous_Stock_5066 [link] [comments]

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. how to unpair headset from xbox series x