Need to tap 'A' multiple times for menus to work

Discus and support Need to tap 'A' multiple times for menus to work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The dashboard, menu and even settings buttons take from 10-25 button presses to work. This isn't my controller as the options flash when I press on A.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zskyguardian180, May 11, 2019.

  1. Need to tap 'A' multiple times for menus to work


    The dashboard, menu and even settings buttons take from 10-25 button presses to work. This isn't my controller as the options flash when I press on A. I tried a system cache clear twice and it is still taking multiple presses to work.

    EDIT: Games work perfectly fine.

    :)
     
    Zskyguardian180, May 11, 2019
    #1
  2. Zskyguardian180 Win User

    Need to tap 'A' multiple times for menus to work

    Ok, so I've found a rather strange fix.

    I tried replugging the controller again, but before replugging it I tried to use another controller, and then that somehow fixed the controller I use...? The only problem I had with this controller is that the headset jack stopped working a few weeks ago.
  3. XBF Nestor S Win User

    Need to tap 'A' multiple times for menus to work

    Hey there Zskyguardian180 thanks for keeping in touch.

    We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused but rest assured we are here to help, we have seen this in the past
    and since the issue could be on the actual OS of the console so we would suggest a >Soft
    Factory Reset
    <
    (while keeping games and apps)
    IF AND ONLY IF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA IS MET:

    • There is a stable network connection.
    • The information for all profiles is known (email and passwords)

    Once the setup is complete it will ask if we want to keep settings or manual setup
    lets do manual setup. Give it a shot and let us know of any changes!
  4. Dynamo527 Win User

    Need to tap 'A' multiple times for menus to work

    Hello Zskygurardian180,

    thanks for reaching out to xbox fourms my name is George and I'm happy to help with your case. The way I would fix this issue is do a hard reset on your console by holding down the xbox button for 10 seconds if this issue continues contact xbox support.

    Kind Regards

    George
  5. Zskyguardian180 Win User

    Need to tap 'A' multiple times for menus to work

    Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
    I've tried this now and it didn't change anything.
  6. {Parity} Win User

    Need to tap 'A' multiple times for menus to work

    Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
Thema:

Need to tap 'A' multiple times for menus to work

Loading...
  1. Need to tap 'A' multiple times for menus to work - Similar Threads - Need tap 'A'

  2. I need Help with insider updates

    in XboX Insiders
    I need Help with insider updates: Hey Guys, I just became an XBOX INSIDER. How do I get my console updated with the insider updates such as mythic achievements? submitted by /u/Ok_Conference_9242 [link] [comments]
  3. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  4. Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?

    in XboX Insiders
    Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?: I have been on the omega tier of update preview for nearly a month, I am level 3 on insider, and need an upgrade to alpha tier so I can test a few things. I have tried hard resetting, received a...
  5. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  6. Disc to digital Problem! Need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Problem! Need help: I need help with Disc to Digital. I have a 2013 Xbox One, and upgraded to a Xbox series s. I have a Monster hunter world Disc for Xbox one. I want to get it onto my new xbox. I have no clue about...
  7. Need help accessing disc to digital!

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help accessing disc to digital!: hey there, Xbox Insider Subreddit! I’m an Xbox Insider in the Omega ring and have been enrolled for approximately 4 weeks. My Original Xbox One is currently running xb_flt_2608ge.260805-2200. I’m...
  8. need someone smarter then me lol

    in XboX Insiders
    need someone smarter then me lol: dumb question/post and I know and its in beta lol but I read battlefield 6 should work for disc to digital but mine always says congrats it worked!! but it don't work but I got the GTA remake to...
  9. I can’t buy a Minecraft and it says I need more information but when I tap on it it puts me...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t buy a Minecraft and it says I need more information but when I tap on it it puts me...: I can’t buy a Minecraft and it says I need more information but when I tap on it it puts me in a black screen. d403b944-7868-4ed7-9e18-cd67ee500391
  10. Need to tap A button multiple times in main menu for it to register, again…

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Need to tap A button multiple times in main menu for it to register, again…: So this same thing happened about 6 months ago and I see it’s been an issue for some people for the last 4 years apparently. When I’m in the menu I have to press the A button multiple times for...