Need to tap A button multiple times in main menu for it to register, again…

Discus and support Need to tap A button multiple times in main menu for it to register, again… in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So this same thing happened about 6 months ago and I see it’s been an issue for some people for the last 4 years apparently. When I’m in the menu I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mike Taylor2, Nov 3, 2022.

1. Mike Taylor2
    Mike Taylor2 Guest

So this same thing happened about 6 months ago and I see it’s been an issue for some people for the last 4 years apparently.

When I’m in the menu I have to press the A button multiple times for it to actually work. It’s NOT the controller as everything else works fine and it’ll work fine in game and the button click animation works but it doesn’t register as being clicked. I’ve tried the soft reset, the cache clearing, the full wipe and re-install, nothing works.

Last time it happened was about the same time when they were about the release a new update. Once the update applied on it’s own it worked fine.

Come on Microsoft this is embarrassing. I don’t know how my Xbox can go from working fine yesterday to not working today with no changes and allegedly no updates?

You know with the amount of money we spend on these devices and the fees we pay regularly to use them you’d hope that the software developers with Microsoft would put a little more effort into it. It’s not like Microsoft’s net income for last quarter was $17.6 BILLION.

:)

Mike Taylor2, Nov 3, 2022
  2. Zskyguardian180 Win User

Need to tap 'A' multiple times for menus to work

Ok, so I've found a rather strange fix.

I tried replugging the controller again, but before replugging it I tried to use another controller, and then that somehow fixed the controller I use...? The only problem I had with this controller is that the headset jack stopped working a few weeks ago.
  3. XBF Nestor S Win User

Hey there Zskyguardian180 thanks for keeping in touch.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused but rest assured we are here to help, we have seen this in the past
    and since the issue could be on the actual OS of the console so we would suggest a >Soft
    Factory Reset
    <
    (while keeping games and apps)
    IF AND ONLY IF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA IS MET:

• There is a stable network connection.
    • The information for all profiles is known (email and passwords)

Once the setup is complete it will ask if we want to keep settings or manual setup
    lets do manual setup. Give it a shot and let us know of any changes!
  4. Dynamo527 Win User

Hello Zskygurardian180,

thanks for reaching out to xbox fourms my name is George and I'm happy to help with your case. The way I would fix this issue is do a hard reset on your console by holding down the xbox button for 10 seconds if this issue continues contact xbox support.

Kind Regards

George
  5. Zskyguardian180 Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
    I've tried this now and it didn't change anything.
  6. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
Thema:

1. Need to tap A button multiple times in main menu for it to register, again… - Similar Threads - Need tap button

2. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  3. I need help updating my xbox x

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help updating my xbox x: need help updating my xbox x but it keeps diplaing error code 80070570 00000000 00000301 i tried waiting it out but no luck and no one else seems to have had this error code before. Please help...
  4. I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update: Does my Xbox 360 console need any updates that I am not aware of 70a07d6f-ae55-4f3c-8c1f-41f88fb585b2
  5. Do I Need A Xbox Series X or S To Have 4K Resolution At 120hz?

in XBoX on Windows
    Do I Need A Xbox Series X or S To Have 4K Resolution At 120hz?: This is my TV: TCL 85-Inch Q6 QLED 4K Smart TV with Google TV, Streaming UHD, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, HDR Pro+, Game Accelerator Enhanced Gaming, Voice Remote, Compatible with Alexa (85Q650G,...
  6. need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...

in XBoX on Windows
    need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...: I understand it is not easy to or may be impossible to alter the outcome, but I would appreciate some guidance. I'm a support worker caring for a young person who has been issued a year-long...
  7. Xbox app refuses to start need some help.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app refuses to start need some help.: So when i start my xbox app i get an error message saying "cant find program" and then i get a black updating screen stuck on 0% Any ideas how to fix this? submitted by /u/CeilingCrawler...
  8. I need help pairing my xbox one controller

in XboX Insiders
    I need help pairing my xbox one controller: So I have an Xbox 1 with 200 games on it that are very legendary and I hold dear to my heart. I stop playing my Xbox 1 and return from my Xbox Series S. Now I've want to replay the games but my...
  9. I can’t buy a Minecraft and it says I need more information but when I tap on it it puts me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t buy a Minecraft and it says I need more information but when I tap on it it puts me...: I can’t buy a Minecraft and it says I need more information but when I tap on it it puts me in a black screen. d403b944-7868-4ed7-9e18-cd67ee500391
  10. Need to tap 'A' multiple times for menus to work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need to tap 'A' multiple times for menus to work: The dashboard, menu and even settings buttons take from 10-25 button presses to work. This isn't my controller as the options flash when I press on A. I tried a system cache clear twice and it is...