Need to remove folder from XBOX APP and create a new one

Discus and support Need to remove folder from XBOX APP and create a new one in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have found out that having a folder on a drive for the XBOX Game Pass APP does not work, well at least for me. I have many drives and all of them... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by alexander937, Apr 12, 2023.

1. alexander937
    alexander937 Guest

I have found out that having a folder on a drive for the XBOX Game Pass APP does not work, well at least for me. I have many drives and all of them with a folder created for xbox app work fine, EXCEPT the one I decided to create with a space in it ( mistake ), it was "XBOX GAMES". I can NOT remove this directory in the app, of course I can delete it outside of the app, but then it yells it can't find that folder, so I can never use that drive, which is a same as it's a 2TB SSD and meant for game installs. PLEASE tell me how I can change the folder name or delete it from the Xbox App. I have tried everything, nothing works.

Oh yeah, another note, I tried to MOVE a game to this folder, well that FAILS too, this is a huge issue on the app part, but regardless, creating a folder with a space is just a BAD idea with XBOX App.

In advance, thanks for the help!

:)

alexander937, Apr 12, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello alexander937,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Based on your description, the Xbox app does not allow you to create new folder location as it defaults to XBOX GAMES folder on your selected drive. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

Issues with the Xbox games installation folder sometimes got fixed by doing updates of system and/or related apps. However, since you have mentioned that you performed everything already and nothing works. We would like to ask for details about this concern:

1. Do you notice an error message or code when you try to change the folder name from Xbox Settings? Please post a screenshot of the issue and conceal any personal information like gamertag, email account and full name.
    2. May we ask for the Windows version and edition of your computer or laptop? Please type WINVER into the Windows search bar and hit Enter.
    3. Have you tried all steps from Troubleshooting for Xbox app game installation issues on this link: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox App for Windows
    4. If you were to use Drive C or other drive, will the folder name still remain as XBOX GAMES?

Please try the 4th question above by changing the folder of your Xbox Games installation: (Drive E is just an example here.)

1. Go to PC Settings and select System.
    2. At the left side, please select Storage and scroll down on the options on the right side.
    3. Look for Change where new content is saved. This will take you to a selection of drive and on the Change the New apps will save to - please select Drive E.
    4. Launch Xbox app and go to settings.
    5. Look for general and under Game Install Option, please select Drive E.
    6. Then, no need to change folder, as this will default to E:\XboxGames. Should you wish to rename XboxGames, you may select Change Folder.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. mikewiz Win User

Uninstalled game is showing in Xbox App on PC

I didn't want to create new post, so I thought I'd continue this one and see where it goes.

As stated, I have a folder in WindowsApps titled "AnnapurnaInteractive.LastStop_1.0.41.0_x64__c96c51jf6wkvm" and it's about 6gbs. I attempted to take ownership of the folder, but the remaining child folders and files were unaffected. I cannot get ownership and remove them.

At one point, I went and tried to change the permissions to the entire WindowsApp folder which caused issues with MS Store, Xbox App and Gaming Service. I managed to get them working again, but that game still sits and is bothersome.

Any suggestions on how to remove the folder if this is the way to remove it from Xbox App would he appreciated.

Thanks.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox Game Pass Kingdom Come Deliverance game saves disappeared on Xbox for Windows PC.

Hi nicosk,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

The issue lies with current saves being saved in a different location from before a recent update to the app, therefore your old saves are just in another location and you will need to copy them over to the new location. You just need to start a new game
    and save to create this new folder, find your old save from the previous save folder, copy the saves in the folder and move them to the new location, while deleting the save you just created to create the folder.

The steps are clearly listed out from this thread here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/kingdomcome/comments/df1wb7/save_game_disappeared_pc_xbox_game_pass/

I hope this helps!
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Windows not detecting games on External HDD

resetting windows or re installing renders all xbox app games inoperable as the folder is encrypted to that one install of windows.

you have to re download all the xbox app games again.

go setting, storage, location and change it to that drive this should then state there is a folder there and it will be removed.

if not google remove windows app folder from drive as you have to take ownership to remove it.
Thema:

1. Need to remove folder from XBOX APP and create a new one - Similar Threads - Need remove folder

2. Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin: I recently bought a second hand series X, when I’ve got it home and tried it out, all works fine as it should but the old users account is still on the machine. My main problem is removing the...
  3. Remove “Add On doesn’t need to be installed”?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remove “Add On doesn’t need to be installed”?: I just bought the Lightfall DLC for Destiny 2. I have already followed the installation steps due to the known glitch but the DLC still will not launch. I have tried clearing the local save,...
  4. I need to remove my credit card information as I did not approve any charges on my behalf...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need to remove my credit card information as I did not approve any charges on my behalf...: My card keeps getting monthly charges somehow and I want it to please stop and how do I get any of my money back for what I did not approve of. 3f5ab2d9-65aa-452d-aca7-142746911de0
  5. Adult daughter needs to be removed from my family group - but she's not there

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adult daughter needs to be removed from my family group - but she's not there: My daughter is trying to connect the new Xbox she purchased. She is being notified she can't proceed because she needs to share her location and I am the family organizer. I go to my account and...
  6. Do I need to remove my sons account from family?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do I need to remove my sons account from family?: Hi I bought a new Xbox X and have set it to my home with my account which has Xbox ultimate. My son uses my old Xbox one and has been using my ultimate pass to play games. I am aware this cant...
  7. I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept...: I had an email address that I have deactivated because it is old. However my two kids are connected as family members and I want to remove them off the deactivated account so I can add them as...
  8. I have been removed from family group yet I still need permission

in XBoX on Windows
    I have been removed from family group yet I still need permission: Hiii I recently wanted to change my gamer tag. I have been in a family group so it needed permission from someone. So I went to my mothers since I have access account and removed me from the...
  9. i need help to remove my fortnite account from one microsoft account then transfer to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i need help to remove my fortnite account from one microsoft account then transfer to...: Hi I linked my Fortnite account to my father's Microsoft account a while back and now my father is complaining that he has all his personal information on that account and doesn't want any games...
  10. I need you to remove suspension?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need you to remove suspension?: I'm just trying to play a game and I can't do anything without and I can't talk so I need suspension removed 07c5311b-0a2b-4004-8451-9e0e8f8276aa